tuscl

Amazing day in world history

mikeym
Mostly in Florida
Tuesday, August 11, 2020 1:44 PM
Morning: Mother Russia being the first country in the world to develop a vaccine for the Covid-19. A reminder that Russia with 10,000 nuclear bombs, full of resources, a strong military, and determined leadership is still a dominant world power. Afternoon: Kamala Harris chosen as vice president. Polls show that she will likely be the first woman VP as she is an appealing woman who might help some moderates vote for Biden. e.g., long-haired: appeals to rick dugan, black: appeals to papi chulo, and Asian: appeals to wallanon.

48 comments

• RandomMember
    4 years ago
    South asian And the Russian vaccine did not go through clinical trials
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The clip of her calling out Biden for racism will be played nonstop for the next 3 months.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    He also claimed that Harris was chosen as Vice President. That sounds a bit premature to me.
  • Techman
    4 years ago
    The Russians will have to patent the formula, so they can sell it. If it does harm or kills Russians we will know what not to use. If it works , we buy it from them. Win - Win.
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    I don’t think anyone could argue with a straight face that Sleepy Joe had any voice in picking his running mate but that comes as no surprise. What the selection says about those intent on destroying the last vestige of freedom, that is the USA as the world has known it, speaks volumes. Volumes of hypocrisy. Choosing that racist cunt “Qué mala Harris” as their hoped for next President (and make no mistake about that, Sleepy Joe isn’t long for this world) exposes their “insincerity” regarding “justice”. “Qué mala Harris” as Attorney General of California made her hatred and contempt of Hispanics well known. A contempt and desire to keep Hispanics in their “place” as inferior to blacks. The possibility of “Qué mala” as the next President. A sad day for honest hardworking Americans and the potential end of freedom for all. SMH
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Both are great news.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Given the other choices that were being discussed, Harris is the safe pick.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The Republicans are already running Spanish language ads about how Democrats have abandoned Hispanics. That’s the problem with identity politics. It can bite you in the ass.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    That didn’t take long: [view link]
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Don't waste any time go negative it's all you've got
  • mikeym
    4 years ago
    @ RandomMember- Russia is doing what is necessary to protect the citizens when there is a global pandemic. USA approaching 170,000 dead due to the Covid-19, most in the world of any country. USA bureaucratic nightmare to get a vaccine approved. Don't hold your breath on vaccine approval process in USA. Billions spent on Operation Warp Speed and do you think USA will have a vaccine in 2020? Doubtful. Trump allowed Birx and Fauci to run the country and shut it down. And now basically doing herd immunity anyway. Stock market all time high but real economy in USA is decline with approaching over $30 trillions of government debt. One time sugar policies by Trump setting up the country for disaster. But a new administration will hopefully put the USA back on right path.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    I'm not a Democrat, but both Democratic friends I've asked said she was the safe, expected, un-sexy pick. One would have preferred Duckworth, the other, Warren, but Biden had to choose a black woman.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Golf. weed, poker, strip clubs, pool, dining out: Who the fuck cares as long as life is good.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @Mikey Good post
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ===> "^ Don't waste any time go negative it's all you've got" Direct from the fingertips of tuscl's foremost expert in doing exactly that. 😉
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ TUSCL's most macho manly man you can't find your little winky face emoji's in pink, yellow works for you even though it makes your ass look big.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @mikeyem I agree with random good post
  • mikeym
    4 years ago
    @Random and 25 Thanks. Five months later and Follies, Cheetah, Dean's Gold, Diamond Dolls, E11EVEN, and Tootsies closed. Government debt is piling up, multiple businesses remain closed, and hundreds dying every day due to Covid-19. Hydroxychloroquine was not what to have been preaching. Sputnik V was a win for the Russians and shows that they have great scientists. Maybe work with them and cooperate. Not piss off every single country so they unleash Covid-19 on the world like the Chinese did and not tell people. European brothels and German FKKs, TJ clubs, and Asian massage parlors opening, and what the hell are we doing here in the USA? Four more years of conservative Republicans shutting down strip clubs, racking up government debt, and pissing off the other countries in the world. No thanks. I saw some genuine smiles today with the Russian Covid-19 vaccine news and the Kamala announcement. Hope for change.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I just heard Kamala referred to as African American. Half South Asian and half Jamaican. Raised in Canada. Does that count as AA?
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @Mark - Harris "indetifies" as an AA. Should be an interesting on going discussion point. I thought Rice would have been a safer pick.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I heard on the radio a little while ago that when Kamala was 30 ys/o she had an affair with former SF mayor Willie Brown whom at the time was in his 60s and was married - while dating Brown she got a job in some city department where she only had two show up twice a month for a meeting while getting paid $99,000/yr.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    w.r.t. the Russian vaccine - there are doubts w.r.t. Russia's claims b/c of lack of data.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As others have said, Kamala is the safe choice since she's been vetted via the Dem primary - but her LE background, plus being married to a whiteguy, she may not be seen as "black enough". I thought Rice had a good chance being that she's tough, smart, has worked in the white-house, and was part of the Golden Boy's (Obama) cabinet - I thought her closeness to Obama would have put her over the top since the Dems seem to LDK w.r.t. Obama.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Susan Rice unmasked/outed 300 people using the FISA process. That’s unprecedented. Barr has a group investigating the unmasking scandal. There is a very good chance that she will be in serious legal trouble before November. Picking her as VP would have been risky.
  • ArizonaMayer
    4 years ago
    % of AA women that marry a jewish man? very small she got her claim to fame by banging a then married Willie Brown her wikipedia page has been scrubbed more times than a stripper scrubs her box FAKE, FAKE, FAKE.. WEAK ON CRIME NO WORLD EXPERIENCE - ZERO!! Nothing but FAR RIGHT LIBERALS PRETENDING TO BE CENTERISTS!!
  • mikeym
    4 years ago
    @Papi She seems to fit the profile of women you like: A bit older than you but a nice body type. I mean we're not talking about having Amy Klobuchar sit on your face. So now what everyone on Tuscl wants to know... if you saw her at Dancers Royale or Lido Cabaret and she answered yes to the two standard Papi background questions... would you get a dance with her? @ArizonaMayer When Trump was elected in 2016, most of his rhetoric was great. I mean not the Alex Jones conspiracy bull shit but most of his rap was cool. In addition, it was impressive to listen to Pence appear on the Rush Limbaugh show talk assuredly about conservative principles. However, Trump turned out to be the biggest fiscal liberal in United States history by far and away. The runaway debt and sending welfare out by executive order. Damn, the Congress is supposed to spend, not the president, but this guy sends taxpayers' dollars out like it is going out of fashion so Trump is the far right liberal pretending to be centrist.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I thought it was racist/sexist to judge a person on their skin-color/sex; yet here we have many of the liberals demanding the VP pick be a black woman first-and-foremost - I guess some people want equal rights but at the same time also want special treatment. Also - would not be surprised, particularly in these times, for the left to start labeling as a racist anyone that dares criticize Harris (similar to those that criticize BLM often being labeled anti-black).
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... @Papi She seems to fit the profile of women you like ..." I do think she's pretty-attractive
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The left has already sent a letter to all major editors and publishers detailing what questions are appropriate, and which are inappropriate, for a female VP candidate.
  • mikeym
    4 years ago
    @Papi The actions of the administration were getting too strong in support of European white males Trump, Pence, Mnuchin, Pompeo, Fauci at the expense of people from different skin color and sex. For example, I am sure you are proud that Jeff Bezos credits his Cuban upbringing for becoming the richest person in the world.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    I think a lot of American blacks dislike either Biden or Harris. Biden has a well known history of racist quotes and votes. Harris isn't considered a real African-american (not black enough) and also has a problematic past as prosecutor in CA. In their opinion prosecuting too many people. She did terrible in the primaries. In the last election Clinton lost a lot of blacks who voted for Obama. They either stayed home or voted Trump. The black vote will be the most unpredictable ever this election.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    When Trump called Kamala nasty - maybe he was making a sexual reference? Like Miss Janet if your nasty...
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Per Kamala's Wikipedia page: "... Kamala Devi Harris was born on October 20, 1964, in Oakland, California.[1] Her mother, Shyamala Gopalan, was a breast-cancer scientist who had emigrated from India in 1960 to pursue a doctorate in endocrinology at UC Berkeley.[8] Her father, Donald Harris, is a Stanford University emeritus professor of economics, who emigrated from British Jamaica in 1961 for graduate study in economics at UC Berkeley ... Her parents divorced when she was seven ... When she was 12, Harris and her sister moved with their mother to Montreal, Canada, where their mother had accepted a research position at Jewish General Hospital and teaching at McGill University.[16] She was a popular student at Westmount High School in Westmount, Quebec, graduating in 1981 ..." [view link] Her sister is pretty-good-looking also: [view link]
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    There is a recent poll that showed 36% of blacks approve of Trump. Like all polls, I have no idea if it is fake or real. However, if that is anywhere near accurate, the election is over and Trump has won. Another poll showed that 80% of blacks oppose defunding the police. Intuitively, that seems about right and would be disastrous for white radical leftist politicians, if true. These polls suggest there is a Black Silent Majority ( well, 36 % ) that has more traditional views than the leaders of the Democratic Party. The church going, family oriented people that people like AOC despise.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... There is a recent poll that showed 36% of blacks approve of Trump ..." Likely it was a poll of black Fox News watchers - or maybe they polled TUSCLer @nickifree and his friends
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... The black voter turnout rate declined for the first time in 20 years in a presidential election, falling to 59.6% in 2016 after reaching a record-high 66.6% in 2012 ..." [view link] Not sure if the trend will continue in 2020 given the racial issues going on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "Democrat Women Warn Media That They Will Not Tolerate ‘Racist,’ ‘Sexist’ Coverage Of Biden Veep ..." "... A group of powerful, Democratic women has penned an open letter warning media outlets to restrict their coverage of presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s running mate — expected to be a minority female — so as to avoid any “racism” or “sexism” in their reporting ... The lawmakers, policy professionals, activists, and consultants labeled their effort “We Have Her Back” and directed their missive to “News Division Heads, Editors in Chiefs, Bureau Chiefs, Political Directors, Editors, Producers, Reporters, and Anchors.” ..." [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Democrat Primary support among black voters: Joe Biden 43% Bernie Sanders 11% Elizabeth Warren 6% Kamala Harris 5%
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Trump: Spending money like water Telling illegals to get yo ass back where you came from Talks mad shit on Twitter Builds a wall like iron bars on windows in the ghetto Holds rallies where he talks shit about his opponents Tells states to clean their own damn house Gets into beef with celebs He is the blackest president we’ve ever had. 🤣
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    It was the smart choice for a running mate. Based on it being a smart choice, I’m sure it was not made by Biden. After the 2016 predictions of a Clinton run away victory, based on poll results, I’m not putting much faith in polls as a predictor of the outcome of this election. If Trump was less polarizing - I think he would be well ahead.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Comment found on Twitter “In order to appeal to disaffected black voters who might lean toward protest voting (Kanye) or not voting (2016), Democrats ingeniously picked the one black candidate whose parents are not from America, whose ancestors had slaves, and who spent her career locking up black men.”
  • mikeym
    4 years ago
    @mark94 and married a white Jewish guy.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Trump has given Kamala the nickname Phony. It occurs to me this might be a dog whistle that she is passing as an African American. There is a reason she only got 5% of the Black vote during the primaries. Culturally, she has nothing in common with the African American population. Raised by Indian/Jamaican parents in Montreal. The nickname also fits since she accused Biden of both Racism and Sexual Harassment, but now says she is proud to be working for him. How exactly does she justify that ?
  • mikeym
    4 years ago
    Trump's nickname should be lame donald j duck president because in 5 months he can waddle off to mar-a-lago. New York or US AG might try to prosecute him using the Epstein case as a model.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Donald Duck would be a better President than the one we have now
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    WTF? Harris has single handedly revived the Trump campaign and put him right back in the race (don't buy any polls that say otherwise, this woman is NOT popular). As for Russia, there is no rational reason it should be considered an "enemy." Its more or less a market economy and multi party democracy albeit with some flaws pretty much like every other democracy today. We should embrace improved relations with it and encourage it to losen its alliance with China, which is a real threat.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    And you Trump haters can suck a hard stiff one.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Harris called her Latina Democrat opponent in the California Senate race a "racist" too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion