tuscl

How much money have you saved / strippers lost with the lockdowns

Meursault
Missouri
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:01 AM
Since I have quit business travel (in April) I estimate that I have saved about $4000 that otherwise would have been spent on strippers/booze. It doesn't directly affect me since that is all disposable income, but I'm old. Most strippers are in their 20s and I really don't want to think about how bad losing all my income would have been when I was a starving student.

27 comments

• mark94
    4 years ago
    Thousands. Don’t worry too much about the strippers. I assume most are getting the $600 per week. That ends July 31. TheIr desperation begins August 1. Assuming clubs are open by then, I expect a shift in the atmosphere.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ gig workers make up 41% of the total of those receiving UI benefits: [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I've been moving pretty-much all my extra/disposable $$$ I have into the market - thus hard to know how much I've saved - in the past when I'd stop SCing for a while, I'd notice my bank-account swell and I could more easily tell how much I was saving, but now I don't keep that much in my bank-account b/f moving it over to the market.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    i've been making deposits to my Roth early and often.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Since 5/23 I have been 5 times so I am close to even since then. Prior to that about ... well, millions lol.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Savings and income have actually increased since the lockdown started (ignoring UI). Supplemental income is great.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    I’m in the same boat in that it’s all discretionary income outside of necessities and savings, so it’s whatever from my personal finance perspective. I’d much rather be able to spend it on clubbing than save it.
  • SuperDude
    4 years ago
    After the divorce, I promised my children I would pay their student loans. The pandemic and club closings made it possible to pay off some of them ahead of time. Sorry for the dancers who missed the money, but I should have put my kids first a long time ago.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ how many children are/have you put thru college?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ hopefully they went to an in-state public U
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    $12,731.67
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    ^ Where did you club that deducted coin change?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @Eve I’m a make it hail kind of guy so usually I get rolls of coins before I visit, 💰 💴 💵 💰
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    For the trips I did not take: Valet $70 Cover $35 Drinks $98 Stage Tipping $35 Exploratory table dances $700 Dancer Drinks: $45 Condoms: $14 VIP: $1400 Standard Mileage: $201.25 Total: $2598.25
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ wow - that's quite a week
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    Like the OP I’m old. All of my income is not only passive and completely disposable but is fortunately more than I could possibly spend at my advanced age. One of my three passions and pursuits in life has been drinking and whoring. Since I combine that with extensive travel it is difficult to break out what I haven’t been spending on drinking with loose women but it would easily be in five figures. I do worry about all the working women that I know around the world who aren’t able to earn anything. Most are or must be in desperate situations but I’ve only been able to get money to one and she is actually a cocktail waitress that I’ve known (intimately) for years. Her reply: “thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you very, very much for your help”. Then she told me what she spent it on (in order) and I knew just how broke and desperate she had been: sanitary napkins, shampoo, soap, fabric conditioner, vitamins, toothpaste and lastly transportation home. Be grateful if you’re lucky enough to live in the USA and don’t let the progressives achieve their goal of destroying the country and what semblance of freedom remains.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I’ve saved a good amount since clubs closed. I’ve got one daughter who will be a college freshman soon - and another in private high school. So that money won’t be unspent for long. I heard about those stimulus payments - but mine got lost in the mail! Lol!
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    Not much because the BYOB clubs are still open
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I plead the 5th.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I wasn’t really saving due to SBs
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    I’ve started a separate clubbing account and am building that up while things are closed. I’m going to splurge like there’s nI tomorrow when I get the chance
  • rl27
    4 years ago
    I'd estimate I saved about $1400 on visits to local club, assuming 10 visits since then. Another $300 on my usual trip Memorial Day visit to a more extras friendly city. Another $500 on a longer Fourth of July excursion to an extras friendly city. Which is adds up to around $2200. Adding in another $200 less spent on gas during the same time, and $2400 less eating out, and other stuff I have probably cut my spending overall around $5000 in 3 months. Which kind of matches how much I have been able to reduce my debts and save during that same period.
  • bubba267
    4 years ago
    Diddly squat.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    A couple hundred dollars, maybe a bit more, depending on dancers (not) encountered.
  • magicrat
    4 years ago
    I haven't been hitting up strip clubs much in the last couple years as I've spent more time doing the SB thing. Since COVID I haven't done any of that either but the costs seem to be about the same. I'm guessing I've saved $2,500 or so in the past 4 months. One interesting thing I've noticed is at least 2 of my old SBs are in new relationships so I guess they are looking for something.
    4 years ago
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    Being single and clubs still open, I've been spending more. NAAAASTY
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion