tuscl

Becoming more conservative

WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
New Jersey
I've always considered myself to be progressive. But as a 44 white man who has been a part of corporate hiring and firing decisions where we systematically favor every group of people over white men I'm having a hard time fully embracing black lives matter,

14 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As a country, America must guarantee the right to equal opportunity to everyone, but not guarantee equal results.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Yes, grievance politics is more contagious than Covid. Did it ever occur to you that you might just be incompetent?
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    BTW, this should be in politics room
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I've always been conservative even as a young-person and at times blindly so as to not even wanna consider any alternative view - as I've gotten older I've worked on listening and trying to process alternate (at times progressive) POVs - but our-current-normal has me not trusting and even fearing progressivism.
  • OrangeClown
    4 years ago
    "Did it ever occur to you that you might just be incompetent?"

No. It's easier to blame your failures on minorities and immigrants.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The NBA has approved the following phrases for the back of player’s jerseys

Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can’t Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    You missed one - I believe "Get Whitey" has also been approved
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Looks like "All Lives Matter" didn't make the cut
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    Just to clarify I'm pretty succesfull
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ of course you are, your'e white - you're only successful b/c of your white-privilege; you didn't earn that
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    That's my point PAPI I completely disagree with you. I don't come from money. The law school I graduated from requires better test scores and grades from white men than any other group. Where's my white privilege? I earned every penny
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ I was being facetious
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    I think Willie has a point due to sheer # of hardworking white men tuning out due to being misappropriated with vile. If you alienate that crowd, you may see more than just Trump being re-elected. You could see an Alex Jones, too. Just kidding, I’m being facetious.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    Sorry Papi I
    m defensive I suppsose
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion