Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Becoming more conservative

WILLYSGOTAWOMAN

New Jersey

6 yrs ago · 1 min read

I've always considered myself to be progressive. But as a 44 white man who has been a part of corporate hiring and firing decisions where we systematically favor every group of people over white men I'm having a hard time fully embracing black lives matter,

Replies (14)Latest

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

As a country, America must guarantee the right to equal opportunity to everyone, but not guarantee equal results.

Profile picture for RandomMember
RandomMember
•

Yes, grievance politics is more contagious than Covid. Did it ever occur to you that you might just be incompetent?

Profile picture for RandomMember
RandomMember
•

BTW, this should be in politics room

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

I've always been conservative even as a young-person and at times blindly so as to not even wanna consider any alternative view - as I've gotten older I've worked on listening and trying to process alternate (at times progressive) POVs - but our-current-normal has me not trusting and even fearing progressivism.

Profile picture for OrangeClown
OrangeClown
•

"Did it ever occur to you that you might just be incompetent?"

No. It's easier to blame your failures on minorities and immigrants.

Profile picture for mark94
mark94
•

The NBA has approved the following phrases for the back of player’s jerseys

Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can’t Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor.

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

You missed one - I believe "Get Whitey" has also been approved

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

Looks like "All Lives Matter" didn't make the cut

Profile picture for WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
•

Just to clarify I'm pretty succesfull

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

^ of course you are, your'e white - you're only successful b/c of your white-privilege; you didn't earn that

Profile picture for WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
•

That's my point PAPI I completely disagree with you. I don't come from money. The law school I graduated from requires better test scores and grades from white men than any other group. Where's my white privilege? I earned every penny

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

^ I was being facetious

Profile picture for Mate27
Mate27
•

I think Willie has a point due to sheer # of hardworking white men tuning out due to being misappropriated with vile. If you alienate that crowd, you may see more than just Trump being re-elected. You could see an Alex Jones, too. Just kidding, I’m being facetious.

Profile picture for WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
•

Sorry Papi I m defensive I suppsose

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement