tuscl

"I will not shop at Costco, until you remove your mandatory mask rule"

joker44
In the wind
Sharon to Costco: I will not shop at Costco, until you remove your mandatory mask rule!

Costco Wholesale: Thank you for taking such a brave stand, Sharon. We look forward to the documentary they will make about you some day.

Jack: Wow, not a very professional response Costco!
Looks like I will be getting a membership refund myself! IT SHOULD BE A CHOICE!

Costco Wholesale: We've chosen not to refund you.

21 comments

• JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Good. Don't clog my Costco and stay away if you're not going to wear a mask. Costco is for cool people
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @JamesSD
    I was thinking the exact same thing, damn store is too busy, it's always 20 minutes or more on the checkout line.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    I rarely go inside of Costco ever since my separation/divorce. but still when I get back in my check for using Costco visa pays for the membership three times over. this time around because my Costco membership is expiring I think I’m going to buy the Tijuana Costco membership which is $30 instead of $60. but I do hate standing in line for check out or service at the gas station.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    ( damn. where is the edit button.?) slash ‘in’
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    @Jascoi I use that credit card for all my gas, travel, and restaurant expenses and always get back over $600 not including the check you get for the executive benefits. It's totally worth it.

And to the folks that don't wanna comply with the mask rule, fine, take your business elsewhere and shut the fuck up.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    oh yeah... i use that credit card 99.9% of the time...
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    It makes no sense to me why someone would not want to wear a mask to protect others when out in a store. This is stupid. I’m glad this person isn’t going to be a Costco shopper anymore.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I'd love to boycott Costco for their policy, but I've never been, so I cannot.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I've probably seen 3 news stories in the past three weeks about customers fighting or killing workers for enforcing the mask rule, so I'm at least happy this didn't escalate to that.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Bravo, Eve, for finding a positive outcome.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    you gotta remember that Costco is from Kirkland Washington. the first epicenter in the United States for the corona 19. obviously they’re scared shitless.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    ( and way overreacting. )
  • Slickwillie
    4 years ago
    Only a selfish inconsiderate person doesn't wear a mask when in stores.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    I guess that’s me.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    From strictly a business perspective, not medical, scientific, etc:

The last polls showed those in support of lockdowns, masks, social distancing, etc., drastically outnumbering those who were not in support. In fact, despite how vocal those not in support are, the number of people who think these steps HAVEN'T GONE FAR ENOUGH, actually exceeds those who think they've gone too far. Those protesting are by far a small minority.

Business-wise, if you want the biggest contingent shopping at your store, you can pitch to 85+% of the population who strongly support these measures and risk outraging the under-15% who don't, or do the reverse. If you're Costco, the choice is understandable.

I myself an currently supporting loosening the lockdowns and opening up more businesses, in proportion to the current situation of the local area (i.e., I understand why Yolo county is opening way up, and why SF county isn't). And masks in more hard-hit areas is something I strongly support.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    —>”i.e., I understand why Yolo county is opening way up, and why SF county isn't”

Ahahaha, yolo is a real county. I thought you were being facetious 🤣

And include me with others who think Costco is great. 😁
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Lol @ Nicespice isn't it funny how that worked out? A place named Yolo county happens to be the one opening way up. Like they really wanna live up to the acronym.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    "Ahahaha, yolo is a real county. I thought you were being facetious 🤣 "

Ha, I'm not that clever to think that up. Yolo is yoloing that mutha fucka!
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Won’t miss u there either.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Costco is awesome! They have amazing buyers and is a beautiful example of skillful capitalism. Nothing you buy there is junk and it's all high quality for amazing value.

The only thing I cant accept are the TP hoarders!!!
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    I saw this on facebook the other day:

If you supported wedding cake bakers denying service to gay couples, then you don't get to bitch about stores not serving you because you won't wear a mask.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion