tuscl

It's time to get Florida open again

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Georgia is doing it. Kuddos to GA's Governor for the good sense to care more about his people than a bit of media flak.

More importantly, the number of new infections in FL peaked almost 3 weeks ago and some counties are recording few to no new infections. Now maybe we keep Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties locked down a little longer since the bulk of the cases are in that portion of the state, but I don't see why we have to keep this nonsense up in areas that have barely been touched.

The Governor has put a task force together, which is due to give him recommendations by Friday. It is stuffed full of business people, which is encouraging. Time to get our state economy back on track, including our local strip clubs of course. ;)

27 comments

• rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I should add that, in my area, I've also been seeing a lot more cars on the road over the past week or so. People are getting tired of this and rightly so.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    Kemp is a retard. I'm sure many other governors are watching closely to see an epic shit show unfold.
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    I’m getting used to the idea of having to wear a face mask in public until widespread vaccination is available.
    It’s the only way to feel a little safer while out in public. I would gladly give up going to the restaurants and bars but not the strip club (as long as the CF is working)
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    @scrub Wearing most masks provides very little protection to the wearer. The thought is it limits asymptomatic carriers from spreading virus in the environment. Since initial viral load seems to be a factor in the severity / survivability of Covid 19, that it probably part of the path to reopening society. But, yeah, you da man and everyone else is a pussy.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Beware of a second wave.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ^ So then let the old people stay home so that the rest of us can get back to normalcy. More and more studies now are being published which indicate that this has been far more widespread than we initially believed and that it is relatively benign for the overwhelming majority of the population.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    University of Washington "Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation" does various modeling w.r.t. Covid-19 including when they feel each individual state should open based on the current data (there is a colored map and table as one scrolls down showing recommended dates for states reopening):

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/updates
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I demand you remove that bullshit post Papi. I am 1000% on the "open Florida" bandwagon.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    w.r.t. Floriduh - they'll think a June opening date means June 2019 and that they are ahead of the curve
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    What is science anyway, just a bunch of useless theories !
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Since when did the University of Washington become the unquestioned authority on COVID-19? There model suggests that New York can safely open before Texas or Florida, which if I knew nothing else makes there "model" highly suspect.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Thank goodness Papi didn't look harder and find some of the other models that exist out there. That might have really confused him since he wouldn't have known which to treat as the biblical one. 😉
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Oh and the two "there" references should have been "their." Typing too damned fast, lol.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Dugan: "Since when did the University of Washington become the unquestioned authority on COVID-19? "

THe U Wash study is PRECISELY the same study touted in a WSJ article you posted here. Do you remember the title? "Now They Tell Us"
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Fuck if I know RM. Nor do I remember the context, which matters. But when I see a study that essentially recommends opening up NYC to millions of tightly packed daily commuters moving through the city before allowing sparsely populated counties in FL and TX to open, call me skeptical. ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The U of Washington data are just models, not necessarily facts set in stone, and they are constantly refined per the latest data
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    It's a trip how Cali is given one of the earlier recommended dates, yet we'll probably be the last state to reopen. I hope it does us some good in regards to controlling the spread.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Pandemic is bad enough to warrant shutting down the entire economy but go to an airport right now and you will not be temperature checked and you will see over half of the airport employees NOT wearing masks or gloves.

This shit makes less sense with each passing day.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ===> "Pandemic is bad enough to warrant shutting down the entire economy"

Gotta love panicky melodrama mixed with girly squeals. 😉

As time goes on, it has become increasingly apparent that this "pandemic" (oooohhh) is not nearly as atrocious as originally thought. Now to be real, I don't want to lose 80 year olds to a virus any more than anyone else. But this is hardly the bubonic plague.

• rickdugan
    4 years ago
    It's time for us to think about a more rational approach, ala Sweden.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    But hey Lone_Lamb, you do what you do. If masks an gloves make you feel safer then have at it.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @rick - I think you misinterpreted the intent of my post. In fact I joined the protesters in Phoenix protesting the shutdown. The lockdown makes no sense. I want the state opened up immediately.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Sorry LW maybe I did.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Alcohol may have played a roll. I am getting ready to head out and do some stripper OTC, then of course drive home. Had to get the night kicked off right. ;)
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    ^ you son of a bitch Ricky! I was supposed to pick you up tonite. What tue hell are you driving for?
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    Why do you have me on ignore Ricky? Are you too broke to pay me now? You were just confessing your love to me!
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    Why Ricky! Why?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion