tuscl

Favorite music artist/group

Sunday, April 12, 2020 10:02 AM
For me it’s tough i go a lot and I like almost every type of music. One I always go back too though are The Police. All three members are some of the best on their respective instruments and Sting as a front man had charisma out the ass. I wish they could’ve kept it together. Wbu?

45 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Best rock band of all time. Ac/Dc [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Abba
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Fleetwood Mac
  • iheartboobs42
    4 years ago
    R.E.M
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    Blood, Sweat and Tears Three Dog Night Crosby, Stills and Nash Credence Clearwater Revival
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    Chicago Eagles Beatles Rolling Stones Country Joe and the Fish
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    @Fish...I saw The Eagles live in Atlanta in February of this year Too hard to name one. But I’ll go with Taylor Swift because that’s who I’ve been jamming to a lot recently
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    Led Zeppelin Stones Warren Zevon Springsteen: I know he has his distractors but if you want a surprise treat, listen to his cover of the Bee Gees, Staying Alive. Talk about great solos! [view link]
  • BaggerRider
    4 years ago
    Rush - All three have been considered masters of their instruments for the last 40+ years, amazing lyrics and incredible music, their only weakness was Geddy's vocals on some of the songs. Honorable mention: 10cc; Yes; Alan Parsons Project; Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    Beach Boys, saw them live when I was back in college.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Honorable mention for me: Julio Iglesias Def Leppard
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    I like Sting too, and the way he uses acoustic instruments. All time favorite song is probobly "Fragile."
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Depeche Mode, U2, Nirvana, Mana
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Jimmy Buffett! Made a career out of bad life decisions!
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    REM was great when they were an unknown college radio band. Loved the Clash, Sex Pistols, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Mudvayne, Lamb of God, Godsmack, Slayer. Steely Dan was excellent - and I liked some of Donald Fagan’s solo stuff.
  • SaltyNuts
    4 years ago
    Mona Lisa Twins
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    In my life time there have been too many to mention but I never liked Elvis Presley or The Beatles.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    I learned to like the Beatles after some of my friends in bands helped me appreciate their place and influence in the broader music scene. Not my favorite, but I can listen to them now. Kinda like I thought of Stevie Wonder as the "Don't Drive Drunk" guy until I got to college.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    AC/DC was one of the best shows I ever saw! Up in Orlando. Being an old guy, one great show I got to see had Little Richard and Chuck Berry in it. Those two and having seen Bo Diddley,THAT was a trifecta!
  • SteveSutton
    4 years ago
    80's rock all the way for me. Poison is my favorite. After that some combination of Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Scorpions, Whitesnake, Guns N Roses, White Lion, Cinderella, Skid Row, Tesla, Warrant, Faster Pussycat, Europe and a bunch of others. But I have wide musical taste, from classic rock such as AC/DC and Rolling Stones to pop like Britney Spears, Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish etc. Others listed here, I love ABBA, Beach Boys, and can't forget the Village People. Just no rap and no R+B for me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    For me to like a particular artist I have to really like multiple songs they've done - thus another honorable mention for me is Loverboy
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    @Steverox I understand why folks don't like rap, but what's your problem with R&B?
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    Korn
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    this will be considered blasphemy but i like loverboy more than i do rush.
  • Cowboy12
    4 years ago
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are #1, but ZZ Top and AC/DC are are almost as awesome.
  • bubba267
    4 years ago
    Wolf Alice.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I'll just list two of each of my primary genres since picking just one person/group is near impossible for me. I'll just name the ones where I have the most songs on my personal playlist; Classic Rock: Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica | Alternative Rock: A Perfect Circle, Deftones | Heavy Metal: Korn, Sepultra Classic R&B: Tony! Toni! Toné!, Luther Vandross | Jazz: Bobby Caldwell, Tony Bennett | Old School Hip Hop: DMX, LL Cool J | Modern Hip Hop/Rap : Kevin Gates, Rick Ross Old School Dance/Trance: Alice Deejay, Cher | EDM/Dubstep: Zeds Dead, Diplo This was very hard to narrow down. I listen to almost all music.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    Given my username on this site, how can I not go with Meatloaf.
  • Baldnhappy
    4 years ago
    Classic rock: Led Zeppelin, Cream,Stones Blues: Albert King, Dr John
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    EveHartley with the most balanced list. More reasons why dancers rock!
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Too many to choose from, so I’ll just mention my favorite bar band from college. Cornell Hurd and the Mondo Hot Pants Orchestra featuring classics like “ My Baby’s secret weapon is her spandex pants”.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    Papi, You do know that April Fools day was the FIRST of April, correct?
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    I agree with Atac. I am a true parrothead having been to over a dozen concerts and remembering only a few.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I like many of the bands and singers mentioned but I’ve yet to see my current favorites mentioned, Willy Nelson and Garth Brooks, I’ve been to shows by both and they are great Still a big Beatles fan and in the past was a CCR fan, and nobody seems to appreciate those two old greats any more both Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    nat king cole.
  • jimmiedean
    4 years ago
    Going with Pink Floyd, Rainbow and The Who
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Favorite bands: Ramones; Green Day; Pink Floyd; Guess Who; Grassroots; Black Sabbath; Best Live Concerts in order of impressiveness: Pink Flyd; Ramones; Alice Cooper; The Dead; Jethro Tull; The Who; The Rolling Stones; Yes; Bruce Springsteen; The Kinks; 3 Dog Night; E.L.O.; E.L.P.; The Eagles; Bachman Turner Overdrive; John Fogarty; Southsude Johnny; Aearosmith; Mott the Hoople; Elton John; Boston; The Cras; The Fools; Meartloaf.......
  • magicrat
    4 years ago
    I’ve been a Springsteen guys for years but I think Jason Isbell is the best songwriter today. Goddamn Lonely Love!
  • rl27
    4 years ago
    Metallica, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Nightwish, Motorhead, Anthrax, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Disturbed, to name a few.
  • crazyjoe
    4 years ago
    Roxette
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Trivia question. What British rock band outsold the Beatles in the U.S.?
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    Pearl Jam,Wu-Tang Clan, Blondie and Taylor Swift
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Wu Tang you say? Forever? [view link]
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    One more addition, one of the best lyricists of the past three decades (along with Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell): John Prine
  • DrStab
    4 years ago
    Rock: Stones The Who Zeppelin Classic Soul Commodores Earth Wind & Fire Al Green Lou Rawls
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion