tuscl

Saying China Virus is racists

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:39 PM
It doesn't matter where the virus started. Same with Cleveland Steamer. So just stop.

108 comments

• wallanon
    4 years ago
    This is what you decided to make your first post ever?
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    He has been biding his time 'lo these many years, waiting until the perfect time when he could make that Cleveland Steamer reference. Anyway, I'm strictly referring to it as Kung Flu
  • SuperFreaky69
    4 years ago
    Every lose a sock and find it months later?
  • BAngus
    4 years ago
    I think MackTruck will have a steamer delivered to Mr. SuperPC69 real soon now... Viruses are named from where they come from. No one bitched about what Ebola was named.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    4 years ago
    I heard that in Tijuana they call it chino virus
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Whose Kung Flu is the strongest?
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Lmfao at everything here
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    China Virus!China Virus!China Virus!China Virus!China Virus!China Virus!
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Wupingcough?
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Isn’t it called the Kung Fru? Or Chino Wirus?
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Kung Flu! Lol! Economy crashing and the SJW's are worried about stupid shit like this. Gee, I wonder how we got here.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    "Economy crashing and the SJW's are worried about stupid shit like this. " In addition, if the news is to be believed (really I have no idea who to believe anymore) the Chinese are spreading a narrative, coming from high levels in the Chinese government, that the US military engineered Kung Flu and introduced it to China... a narrative that's been picked up in (surprise) Iran as well.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Yup, no racism here.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    What we have here is a Mexican stand-off
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    ^ Cow urine? That's something new I just learned that I wish I didn't! 🥴
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I’m just glad this virus didn’t originate in Hong Kong - as it my favorite cartoon super hero could be confused with the Hong Kong Flu! [view link]
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    All the 8-yr-olds found that funny, @Cash
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Hong Kong Fluey, if it catches you you’re through!
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    The dingo ate your baby. The Chinese ate your dingo. The Chinese ate your baby.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Well for once I have to agree with the Scrub. Some of their practices are barbaric. Is it racist to call a burrito Mexican food....... a Kia a Korean car? What, is it racist just because it has a negative connotation related to something bad. Put your big boy pants on and realize not everything in life is sunshine and rainbows with a participation trophy thrown in. Where did the virus originate? and where exactly did Pizza originate?
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    China virus may or may not be racist, but it is confusing. Asian flu, SARS, H7N4 flu, and COVID 19 all are China viruses.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Should we call it a wet market virus? Like SARS and the Bird Flu, the novel corona virus originated in a wet market in China. We can argue that it's racist to call it the "China Virus", but they all started in China, where some of their markets don't exactly practice the same sanitary practices as we're accustomed to. So if Trump wants to call it a "China Virus", and in turn his comments get the Chinese government to start policing their merchants' public health safety practices, then why complain? [view link]
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Pangolin's Revenge Virus? Look, it's easy to point out a different culture's seemingly weird eating habits. The fact is we have experienced viruses jumping from chickens and pigs in the past as well. Probably more related to dense populations living near livestock vs exotic diets.
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    Of course it's racist, the Spanish flu originated in Kansas, you don't hear people calling it "American Virus" or "Kansas Flu." It's just spreading xenophobia through racism with use that name.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    West Nile Virus Middle Easter Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) Fuck the Commie Chinese Government
  • rane1234
    4 years ago
    Deal with it model minorities bwahaha
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    - The virus is killing people - The virus is traumatizing global citizens - The virus is taking out jobs - The virus is reshaping "The American way of life" - no sports, no bars, no strip clubs, no restaurants - The virus is putting a dent into peoples life savings - The virus is leading to global depression Where did it come from ? Wuhan Why did it come ? Bats and unhealthy people Why is it RACIST to STATE FACTS ? China needs to be help ACCOUNTABLE. PERIOD !
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    China: -Sweat shop labor is permitted -The country is so poor toilet paper and soap aren’t available in public restrooms. Don’t believe me go look up travel tips. -This virus is just one of many to be released. The Wuhan lab doesn’t have proper security controls, so animals that are being tested on are regularly stolen and sold to the local food markets. -Of course they are kicking out American journalists, they can’t risk being exposed. -If you’re into conspiracy theories, their country was on the verge of a recession, they lost control of Hong Kong, the people were beginning to uprise, and the tougher trade tariffs put forward by Trump were not helping. They also would like to globally dominate the world and have long term aspirations to be the world leader as they have dramatically ramped up their military. On the bright side, orange chicken is tasty.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I will have you all brought out to the hell where people are skinned alive, it's that simple, understand?
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ Chinese Virus right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    I used to have Yellow Fever.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Then Ching Dai will be happy and my curse will be lifted!
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Terrific, a six demon bag. Sensational.
  • theDirkDiggler
    4 years ago
    ===> Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does... Who?
  • Ladytru
    4 years ago
    Is Chinese a race 🤣🤣
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    >>> just to point out. no one can defend why this is racist - no one has stepped up And no one will, other than attempting some pc nonsense
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Just don’t shoot your load in Jack Burtons eye! It stings!
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    “ just to point out. no one can defend why this is racist - no one has stepped up” Trying to educate the ignorant on the internet is a futile exercise. I never said naming it the China virus was racist. That was the original poster who is a troll and has managed to get 50 comments to his troll post with people yelling at each other. Woo hoo. Real fun. If I wanted to make a point about calling it the China virus, it would be this — all of the posts defending the name are comparing it to Ebola, Spanish flu, etc. and relying on “viruses are named based on where they come from” therefore it can’t be racist. To me, it’s intent. The name “China virus” isn’t coming from some scientist or whoever is supposed to be the ‘official’ virus namer. The virus already has two names, novel coronavirus and covid-19. Instead, the name “China virus” is being promoted by Trump, Stephen Miller and Mike Pompeo. Not a doctor among them and all *contradict me on this* with an agenda to make people blame China. That intent is xenophobic or nationalistic. Those idiots are manipulating people who want to blame someone for this mess. I’m sure FauxNews is also promoting it as well. I don’t like when our country is manipulated into divisiveness. It’s not good. And just to be clear, yes Scrub, I called you ignorant.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I personally have no dog in this fight and care very little, but seeing who’s throwing around the phrase, if it’s not racist, it’s definitely a political dog whistle.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I don't think it's racist per se, but it is divisive and counterproductive. It doesn't even hit my radar as something to complain about though. To the extent I get a little schadenfreude, the Chinese government -- at VERY high levels -- had/has started a campaign to blame this all on the US military, and the Iranian government has picked up that narrative. Our best information right now is that this came out of the wet markets; high level Chinese politicians should not be able to try to reverse this on the US with impunity.
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    And the Chinese are blaming the US Army... False claims about sources of coronavirus cause spat between the US, China [view link] Racists are so predictable and stupid.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    +1 Subraman
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    “ Jimmy - thanks, I agree with you and it is noted that you are not a fan of mine; but it is divisive for you to call me ignorant?” Maybe. If I’m being hypertechnical, to be divisive I would have to do something to split us apart. I think that ship sailed long ago.
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    Just saw this article ... Chinese people targetted ... kinda sad ... [view link]
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    Desertscrub, I spoke to a close friend who lives in Menlo park ... Bay area ... He confirmed that there were friends of his who had experienced this ... At the end of the day its not about LIBERAL cities etc ... As long as a human being experiences turmoil and he attributes it to certain places, his anger will find expression.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    I can admit to yellow fever. iF a certain one would give me the same experience at the same price as before.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    I agree with d-scrub. Sounds like bullshit, smells like bullshit..... probably bullshit.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    China just outlawed the wildlife trade and the eating of wildlife, but article states that it's so deep in the culture, from eating to traditional medicine, that it won't be an easy task
  • Daddillac
    4 years ago
    I don't care what any of you think of me.... I'll call it China virus or the Kung Flu or whatever I feel like that day As far as individuals.... I saw an Asian woman in the grocery store yesterday, which is not normal where I live (normally I will see one or two people that are not plain old white people in a trip to the store). The lady had on gloves and a mask, she looked at me and said "I not sick, just safe" I told her no problem and smiled... she replied "I scared because I'm Asian and wearing mask, people may think I am sick and be mean" I smiled and told her to send those people my way, we don't have time for meanness right now
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    The Chinese Virus travelled entire world from Wuhan but it did not reached Beijing and Shanghai... can anybody put light? Looks So Logical....After all Chinese Stock Market didn't crash....American and European Markets did.... Destroy other markets and be ready to capture them in every way How to dominate the world quickly? THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE 1. Create a virus and the antidote. 2. Spread the virus. 3. A demonstration of efficiency, building hospitals in a few days. After all, you were already prepared, with the projects, ordering the equipment, hiring the labor, the water and sewage network, the prefabricated building materials and stocked in an impressive volume. 4. Cause chaos in the world, starting with Europe. 5. Quickly plaster the economy of dozens of countries. 6. Stop production lines in factories in other countries. 7. Cause stock markets to fall and buy companies at a bargain price. 8. Quickly control the epidemic in your country. After all, you were already prepared. 9. Lower the price of commodities, including the price of oil you buy on a large scale. 10. Get back to producing quickly while the world is at a standstill. Buy what you negotiated cheaply in the crisis and sell more expensive what is lacking in countries that have paralyzed their industries. PS: Pl read the book by Chinese colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, from 1999, “Unrestricted Warfare: China’s master plan to destroy America”, on Amazon. It's all there. Worth pondering.. Just Think about this... How come Russia & North Korea are totally free of Covid- 19? Because they are staunch ally of China. Not a single case reported from this 2 countries. On the other hand South Korea / United Kingdom / Italy / Spain and Asia are severely hit. How come Wuhan is suddenly free from the deadly virus? China will say that their drastic initial measures they took was very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas. I am sure they are using the Anti dode of the virus. Why Beijing was not hit? Why only Wuhan? Kind of interesting to ponder upon.. right? Well ..Wuhan is open for business now. America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially. Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China. China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world. So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this. . to topple Trump. Lately President Trump was always telling of how GREAT American economy was improving in all fronts. The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an economic havoc. Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump thru impeachment. ....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus. Wuhan,s epidemic was a showcase. At the peak of the virus epidemic. .. China's President Xi 👿Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas. The Whole Xi visit was indoor studio in front of big high definition TV, so it look like real visit to hospital,As President he should be covered from head to toe.....but it was not the case. He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released. Some may ask....Bill Gates already predicted the outbreak in 2015...so the chinese agenda cannot be true. The answer is. ..YES...Bill Gates did predict. .but that prediction is based on a genuine virus outbreak. Now China is also telling that the virus was predicted well in advance. ....so that its agenda would play along well to match that prediction. China,s vision is to control the World economy by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus. Now China have other countries stocks in their arsenal and these countries will soon be slave to their master...CHINA. Just Think about it ... The Doctor Who declared this virus was also Silenced by the Chinese Authorities..
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    After this is all over, any American who ever bought a product made in China, ever again, should be executed.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Re: richardspayan1 I think Rich hit on something here. Knowing how evil the Chinese government is and their lust for power and control It all makes so much sense.
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    I don’t know if I am ready to say this was intentional act by China but no doubt their actions after the discovery created this nightmare. I don’t believe anything that comes from them in terms of reporting numbers and the WHO is essentially a pr wing for them with the current WHO president being so indebted to China for rebuilding his country.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    @gob - I would switch ‘created’ this nightmare for ‘exacerbated.’ I’m not ready to blame them for a virus mutating and becoming contagious to humans. That happens regularly, just not one so insidious, contagious, requiring limited resources of hospital beds and ventilators, and potentially deadly. Once that happened, however, China’s concealment and lies made it worse for everyone else. Combined with Trump’s plan of crossing his fingers and counting on his significant, life long streak of good luck for it to magically disappear and you have the perfect storm to put us in the shitter for the next few months.
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    By “created” I was referring to overall situation not the specific virus. Had they been up front and open from the get go I think the world would be in much better shape. And I would be getting lap dances still.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    I agree. I think this nightmare would have happened, just that we would’ve been better prepared. I think the clubs would’ve been shut down in any situation, but at this point there’s not much we can do except let it play out.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The countries getting smashed by this are all the countries that had intimate economic, military and social relationships ith China. This is a Chinese virus; the y hid it; downplayed it; lied about and sent their citiozens around the globne spreading it. Its racist to call it what it is? If you believe that you can fuck off traitors. And now for another thrilling episode of rebuilding the stone wall out in the back forty ...brought to you by Communist China and their virus.
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    Wuhan to Shanghai = 839 km Wuhan to Beijing = 1152 km Milan from Wuhan = 15000 km Wuhan to New York = 15000 km Wuhan to Italy = 8695km Wuhan to Iran = 5667 km Corona has no effect in nearby Beijing / Shanghai But deaths in Italy, Iran, European countries and ruining the world economy... All business areas of China are safe Something is fishy. That America is blaming China is correct. 10 tough questions to China: (must read question no. 6,7,8,9) 1) Where the whole world is being affected by this, why did it not spread anywhere in China except Wuhan? How did China's capital remain untouched by this? 2) Why did China hide from the whole world about the virus? 3) Why destroyed the initial sample of Corona? 4) Why did the doctor and the journalist who brought it up be silenced? Has the journalist been exterminated? 5) When other countries of the world asked to share information, why did they not share the information? Why refuse 6) Why was the Director of WHO used to hide the spread of corona from human to human? WHO Director was doing what he did in "Beijing (China)" in January ..... ?????? (Were you fixing the plan?) 7) "There is no need to issue any guideline for any international flight, as it does not spread from human to human" .... WHO kept doing this tweet till 11 January. Why ??? Today it has been proved that corona spreads from human to human… so why did the WHO lied ???? 8) Why were 50,00,000 people sent from Wuhan "to different parts of the world" without medical examination .. ??? 9) There was a minor case in Italy till 6 February. Suddenly Chinese 'We are Chinese, not a virus, embrace us.' Why did the world's tourist destination known as 'City of Love' come to embrace the people of Italy with placards ???
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    It would not surprise me if the cure comes from China first, and then they puff up their chest and claim medical superiority... This whole thing stinks like a foul smelling Asian massage parlor..l.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    china holds 1,078.6 billions in dollars of our debt. Tell them to come get it! chinese virus! chinese virus! chinese virus! chinese virus! chinese virus!
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @Clubber here is the actual amount it is trillions not mere billions and other foreign countries hold large amounts as well get your facts straight. The U.S. debt to China is $1.07 trillion as of December 2019. 1 That's 16% of the $6.7 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $23 trillion national debt is owned by either the American people or by the U.S. government itself. The countries holding the majority of our government bonds Defaulting would be at our peril, Country U.S. Debt Holdings Percentage of Foreign U.S. Debt Held (%) #1 🇨🇳 China $1.11 trillion 17.3% #2 🇯🇵 Japan $1.06 trillion 16.5% #3 🇧🇷 Brazil $307 billion 4.8% #4 🇬🇧 United Kingdom $301 billion 4.7% #5 🇮🇪 Ireland $270 billion 4.2% #6 🇨🇭 Switzerland $227 billion 3.5% #7 🇱🇺 Luxembourg $224 billion 3.5% #8 🇰🇾 Cayman Islands $217 billion 3.4% #9 🇭🇰 Hong Kong $206 billion 3.2% #10 🇧🇪 Belgium $180 billion 2.8% #11 🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia $177 billion 2.8% #12 🇹🇼 Taiwan $171 billion 2.7%
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    China shut down a city, banned travel, forced isolation to stop the spread of the virus. Trump's telling everyone to get together in church!!! I think Trump virus is really much more appropriate. I'm sure it's going to hit those self proclaimed "proud deplorables" really hard in another 3-4 weeks.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^another sycophantic liberal dipshit that believes Trump is at fault for the virus. Smh. And he thinks China’s got it all figured out and stopped the spread. Man, you just can’t fix dumb and gullible.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I don’t think it’s all Trumps fault but you guys are giving him a pass for problems that he did cause he has not been the smart person we really need, and this country is far from doing a good job handling this crises, when this is finally over there needs to be a full and fundamental reworking of these systems that we rely on to keep us safe and the beginning of repairing this broken system depends on removing political people from the functions of running these systems and forcing our politicians to keep their hands off these emergency services, in other words have them run without any political input and operations be supervised by non partisan directors.
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    [view link] Insightful
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    Thoughtful article by the HERITAGE foundation... [view link] China is ramping up aggressive propaganda efforts to pin the blame for the coronavirus pandemic on the United States. Government censors punished and silenced Li and others. Li later died from COVID-19. The Chinese are hard at work. In addition to fighting COVID-19 and bolstering the U.S. economy, we must engage in this information war. Copied China is ramping up aggressive propaganda efforts to pin the blame for the coronavirus pandemic on the United States. Less than three months ago, however, when the first cases of COVID-19 showed up, the Chinese government began censoring social media that employed keywords such as “unknown Wuhan pneumonia.” It punished users for “spreading rumors” and fomenting “social unrest.” A typical hardline authoritarian reaction to an obviously home-grown disaster. Get exclusive insider information from Heritage experts delivered straight to your inbox each week. Subscribe to The Agenda >> The propaganda campaign began accelerating Jan. 20, when it no longer was possible for China to conceal the coronavirus outbreak. The communist regime’s highly coordinated approach has been threefold: Directing Chinese diplomats across the world to tout the nation’s accomplishments through hundreds of interviews and articles. Accusing the United States of creating the new coronavirus and spreading it in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province. Charging President Donald Trump with racism for referring to the coronavirus as “the Chinese virus.” Although the U.S. government has tried and usually fails at achieving a whole-of-government approach to messaging, the Chinese government has no qualms about deploying all its assets, a strategy known as “sharp power” as opposed to “soft power” or “smart power.” In tweets last week, China’s ambassador to South Africa, Lin Songtian, repeated the Foreign Ministry’s official line that a visit by 300 U.S. military athletes to Wuhan caused the coronavirus outbreak. Lin is a key diplomat in dispensing the country’s propaganda, and this line is being touted by Chinese media and diplomats the world over. Lin also agreed with an outrageous remark by former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that Trump is “turning to racist rhetoric” by talking about the Chinese virus. “It is true. Justice always speak loudly,” Lin said, including a screenshot of Clinton’s tweet and a China News article highlighting her “racist rhetoric” critique of Trump. For his part, Trump rightly has refused to stop saying that COVID-19 originated in China. He indicated Wednesday that he would refrain from saying “the Chinese virus,” but used the term again Thursday evening in briefing reporters. “I talk about the Chinese virus and I mean it,” the president said. “That’s where it came from.” The Chinese government itself had identified a new, unknown illness spreading in Wuhan. Physicians and scientists such as Dr. Li Wenliang tried to warn of the new pathogen they thought had emerged from a Wuhan seafood market. Government censors punished and silenced Li and others. Li later died from COVID-19. Meanwhile, the ominously named Cyberspace Administration of China ensured that the nation’s social media platforms started to censor any references to the new coronavirus as well as critiques of the government’s handling of the spreading epidemic. According to a report by CitizenLab, a cyber-research group associated with the University of Toronto, Chinese social media platforms such as YY and WeChat began censoring content as early as December. Social media companies are subject to strict laws requiring them to censor content that “undermines social stability” or is critical of the central government. So YY added 45 keyphrases to an internal blacklist, including “Wuhan unknown pneumonia” and “Wuhan seafood market” on Dec. 31, a day after eight persons, including Li, raised the alarm about the virus in a WeChat group. The U.S. government must act forcefully to expose the Chinese deception, propaganda, and suppression of the truth about this deadly virus that China’s government has inflicted on the world. The Chinese are hard at work. In addition to fighting COVID-19 and bolstering the U.S. economy, we must engage in this information war.
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    One more from the Atlantic ... Balanced perspective [view link] Those American critics who raise the racism canard are themselves inadvertently collapsing the distinctions between an authoritarian regime and those who live under it. Too many also seem comfortable drawing moral equivalencies between the Chinese regime and Donald Trump. This attitude is hard to take seriously. Trump didn’t block the media from reporting on the coronavirus; he did not disappear his critics. The nature of a regime matters. And this is why I, for one, am glad to live in a democracy, however flawed, in this time of unprecedented crisis. After the crisis, whenever after is, the relationship with China cannot and should not go back to normal. Nothing, in any case, will go back to normal after the sheer scale of destruction becomes clear. Of course, the rest of the world will have to live with the Chinese leadership as long as it remains in power. But this pandemic should, finally, disabuse us of any remaining hope that the Chinese regime could be a responsible global actor. It is not, and it will not become one.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Yeah, as I said originally, not sure that it's racist, but definitively divisive and unhelpful. That said, China is a bad actor, and their behavior is no different during the pandemic. They likely are lying on a number of fronts; worse yet, from the very top, they have actively spread the conspira-tard theory that the US military created and spread this... all while quietly shutting down the wet markets, etc. They seem to have learned their lesson on that, and have backed off on the "US military" theory, or at least stopped supporting it at top levels of the government. I just read the UK is incensed over China's behavior, planning on re-thinking the entire relationship, including Huawei's contract to build the UK's 5G network (which is INSANE you'd let a Chinese company do that in the first place). I'm no Trump fan, but anyone comparing Trump to China has a moral compass that's hopelessly broken. Besides, we'll likely be through with Trump in a year.
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    Comparing Trump to China is NOT comparing AMERICA to China. Sure, Trump hasn't had anyone "disappeared". But really, how the hell could he? It's not like him and Bill Barr are going to show up at some reporter's apartment at 2:00 am and stuff them in the trunk of his car? Because if you haven't noticed, that kinda loyalty to him isn't that deep, and even anyone reporting to Barr would probably just as soon tell him to fuck off and tell the journalist about it than commit a deeply illegal and immoral act like that. (ya, deep state. following the law). (How many times has he tried to call criticism of him treason?) (It's not like the guy hasn't gotten a crowded stadium chanting to just go lock up an political rival before.) And China, for all there issues, has made huge progress over the last 30 years. I was in China 35 years ago, when I read about people visiting North Korea, I'm reminded of the rules we were given while visiting. It is far more open and free than it was in the past. The pressures the caused them to change should continue, but isolating them for decades didn't work before, it won't work again. Whatever responsibility you think they had to stop this virus assumes that they actually could. However regulated you think China might be, really not so much (do you guys know how available prostitutes are?). And if you think they were trying to cover this up, they weren't doing a very good job, I was reading about it in January, before there was a single case in the US. Whatever they didn't do to save lives, we haven't done either. And that doctor who discovered this... Trying to raise alarms... Ya, after seeing 8 patients? Do you think anyone in the US political leadership would be listening to some doctor in Detroit about something like this (or maybe something like lead poisoning in the water?). The world is just an imperfect place, it's not all some conspiracy.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    25, I used a favorite source of many for my number above. A source I don't count on without double checking. What to see the push back I got for people here. Check it yourself: [view link]
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    I learned a long time ago this simple rule, "In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong." This is that time!
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    >The pressures the caused them to change should continue, but isolating them for decades didn't work before, it won't work again. No, isolation does work. It's worked for centuries and is one of the ways Britain won many wars and built it's empire plus helped win WW1 and the cold war. Even if the isolated country doesn't collapse it keeps them weak so they can't expand their power and influence while your own country and allies grow even stronger. What we've been doing the last 30 years by opening up to them hasn't worked either. They have a million people in reeducation camps and ethnic cleansing is national policy towards minority ethnic groups. They also now have enough economic muscle to export their authoritarianism and try to silence free speech in the free world as evidenced by their handling of criticism by NBA players and management.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Jesus, club and 25, you guys are saying the same thing. Clubber said: "china holds 1,078.6 billions in dollars of our debt.". 1078.6 billion dollars = 1.1 trillion 25 said: "#1 🇨🇳 China $1.11 trillion 17.3%" These are the same numbers you senile fucks
  • jasontuma
    4 years ago
    <a href="[view link] src="[view link]" alt="20200329-185636" border="0"></a>
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    A NICE PERSPECTIVE FROM REBECCA GRANT [view link] After Americans flatten the curve of coronavirus, it’s time to push back another spike: our increasing economic dependence on China, where the ruling Communist Party cares only about staying in power. A Message from Constellation Texans, now is the time to switch to Constellation. Protect your budget with a fixed-rate electricity supply plan from Constellation. View plans in your area today. The facts are clear. China is not our friend or ally or even a responsible business partner. Right now, between 30 percent and 40 percent of world national economic output is affected by the coronavirus shutdowns, calculated the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in a report for the G20. “Once we get clear of this terrible pandemic, it is imperative that we all rethink that relationship,” British politician Iain Duncan Smith told The Daily Mail on Saturday. FRED FLEITZ: AFTER CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC ENDS, INVESTIGATIONS MUST REVIEW RESPONSES BY CHINA, US AND OTHERS China’s President Xi is petrified that after this inferno the U.S. and others will turn their backs on globalization. In a March 26 letter to the G20, Xi pledged to increase active pharmaceutical supplies and implored G20 nations to cut tariffs and keep up the unfettered flow of trade. Xi’s words don’t match his actions. In the face of this global crisis, China has hunkered down. China has tried to pin the origins of the coronavirus on the U.S. Army and on Italy. These inept, Communist Party responses show China is not ready to act with honesty or compassion. China wants to claim victory in their “peoples war,” as Xi called, it but they don’t want to change anything. Yes, Beijing has sent doctors and face masks. But the Communist Party’s two-month cover-up attempt cost lives around the world. More from Opinion Sarah Huckabee Sanders: Coronavirus highlights Venezuela's socialist failures – after Maduro, US can help them rebuild Alvin Townley: Coronavirus strikes Medal of Honor recipient – whose story is a reminder of duty and service Lee Edwards: In coronavirus crisis, let’s remember the forgotten Americans Here’s a gut check for you. In less than two years, Beijing plans to open the 2022 Winter Olympics under the motto “Joyful Rendezvous Upon Pure Ice and Snow.” Revolting, isn’t it? Who wants to celebrate with the Communist Party that waited too long to tell the world the truth about their Wuhan COVID-19 outbreak? Back in 2015, snow-free Beijing was chosen largely because the world still wanted to believe in China. It’s time for a total reconsideration of China’s role in the world and specifically, the U.S. economic relationship with China. Decoupling won’t happen all at once, but pharmaceuticals, 5G wireless, agriculture policy and of course imports and exports all need a new look post-coronavirus. Bringing drug manufacturing back home to the USA is a top priority. China’s push into generic drug manufacturing has made the U.S. – and much of the world – too dependent on China’s unregulated producers for common drugs like ibuprofen, doxycycline and others. Its increasingly clear that coronavirus ended globalization as we know it: the phase dating from the day China joined the World Trade Organization on Dec. 11, 2001, until December 2019, when China fumbled its response to the Wuhan virus outbreak. Another must-win is blocking Huawei from world domination of 5G through ridiculous price-cutting. This battle was deemed critical well before coronavirus, and now it simply must be won. The risk of trusting Huawei with data capture and vital communications is just too high. Brace for bumpy agricultural policy. Farm exports are already in flux. China’s purchases of U.S. soybeans hit a 15-year low during tariff wars in 2019. China still places a 68 percent tariff on imported U.S. pork. The ag policy is very complicated, but American farmers should not be at the mercy of China’s state-run agriculture firms. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR OPINION NEWSLETTER The U.S. can also cut back on Chinese imports. In 2019, the top U.S. imports from China were cell phones at $64 billion, computers at $42 billion, followed by toys and sporting goods at $26 billion, with telecommunications equipment and non-wool apparel each at $24 billion. Cell phone imports have doubled since 2011. Fashion, home gadgets, electronics, we all have them, but somehow, we made do with a lot less of this stuff from China 10 years ago, and we should again. We can do this, folks. Canada and Mexico were America’s top two trade partners in 2019, with China ranked third in total value, which is exports and imports combined. Our neighbors Canada and Mexico really are the most important partners, accounting for a combined 30 percent of U.S. total trade vs. just 13.5 percent for China. While Washington will have much to consider, its increasingly clear that coronavirus ended globalization as we know it: the phase dating from the day China joined the World Trade Organization on Dec. 11, 2001, until December 2019, when China fumbled its response to the Wuhan virus outbreak. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP China has learned little from 18 years of good treatment by major world economies. Not much has changed since 2007, when China blew up one of its own weather satellites on orbit, creating 3,000 pieces of space junk that remain a problem today. Don’t even get me started on China’s illegal air bases in the South China Sea, their new nuclear weapons and their forays into Central and South America. I’m hoping the 2022 Olympics move to Norway and that before the first downhill ski race, the U.S. and allies have flattened the curve of China’s rise and intrusion into Western economic life.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    We should have been strategically re-thinking the relationship with China all along. With any luck, this is the catalyst to do so more seriously.
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    WOW... While I was generally unimpressed with people cutting and pasting fox propaganda articles before. Now it seems they can't be bothered to skip the ads. I mean, come on, take a little time to make sure the little opinion piece you think deserves to be shared is actually readable!!!
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    It is time to pass a national security act that takes away MFN status from China; prevents any Chinese company or national from owning anything in the United States and bans the use of Chinese products in any type of technology. They are the enemy.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    We have short memories. By the fall, people will want their iPhone 12’s and they won’t want them with made in America price tags. Things will not change.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    No doubt. With luck, there's some re-thinking on some goods that are perhaps more strategic -- drugs, medical equipment, etc
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Things will change because they were changing already with more and more manufacturers movingto Viet nam and other countries. This accelerates what was happeniong already.
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    I have always found it curious how many American companies had products made in China, and how many Japanese companies did not. Sony, for instance, only had really low end cheap products made in China. Many of there more expensive products are made in Thailand or Malaysia. In one or two conversations I've had with people (Americans) that have worked directly with having products manufactured in China they seem oblivious to the differences (but I'm sure the Japanese know them very well).
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    My endeavor is to bring u as many perspectives as possible on a vital insight which needs immediate attention. bkrruined, I guess you need to learn to see the "White shirt". Not just the "black spots". I hope you get the right lenses. To the rest of the true Americans here is another perspective. You need not subscribe to it. But its just a data point to help us all "SEE" beyond the obvious during these adverse times [view link] Chinese government researchers isolated more than 2,000 animal viruses, including deadly bat coronaviruses, and carried out scientific work on them just three miles from a wild animal market identified as the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic. Several Chinese state media outlets in recent months touted the virus research and lionized in particular a key researcher in Wuhan, Tian Junhua, as a leader in bat virus work. The coronavirus strain now infecting hundreds of thousands of people globally mutated from bats believed to have infected animals and people at a wild animal market in Wuhan. The exact origin of the virus, however, remains a mystery.
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    One more perspective from BBC ... [view link] Coronavirus: Countries reject Chinese-made equipment 30 March 2020 Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share Related TopicsCoronavirus pandemic Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES Image caption The Netherlands has been among the countries reporting faulty Chinese-made equipment A number of European governments have rejected Chinese-made equipment designed to combat the coronavirus outbreak. Thousands of testing kits and medical masks are below standard or defective, according to authorities in Spain, Turkey and the Netherlands. Europe has reported hundreds of thousands of cases of coronavirus. More than 10,000 people have died in Italy since the outbreak began. The virus was first detected in China at the end of 2019. The government implemented strict lockdown measures to bring it under control. What’s wrong with the equipment? On Saturday, the Dutch health ministry announced it had recalled 600,000 face masks. The equipment had arrived from a Chinese manufacturer on 21 March, and had already been distributed to front-line medical teams. Dutch officials said that the masks did not fit and that their filters did not work as intended, even though they had a quality certificate, You may also be interested in: Mercedes F1 to make breathing aid Manufacturers cast doubt on ventilator target A visual guide to the pandemic "The rest of the shipment was immediately put on hold and has not been distributed,” a statement read. “Now it has been decided not to use any of this shipment.” Spain’s government encountered similar problems with testing kits ordered from a Chinese company. It announced it had bought hundreds of thousands of tests to combat the virus, but revealed in the following days that nearly 60,000 could not accurately determine if a patient had the virus. The Spanish embassy in China tweeted that the company behind the kits, Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology, did not have an official license from Chinese medical authorities to sell its products. It clarified that separate material donated by the Chinese government and technology and retail group Alibaba did not include products from Shenzhen Bioeasy. Turkey also announced that it had found some testing kits ordered from Chinese companies were not sufficiently accurate, although it said that some 350,000 of the tests worked well. Allegations of defective equipment come after critics warned China could be using the coronavirus outbreak to further its influence. In a blog post last week, EU chief diplomat Josep Borrell warned that there is “a geo-political component including a struggle for influence through spinning and the ‘politics of generosity’.” “China is aggressively pushing the message that, unlike the US, it is a responsible and reliable partner,” he wrote. "Armed with facts, we need to defend Europe against its detractors." What’s the situation in Europe? On Monday, Spain reported 812 new deaths in the space of 24 hours – bringing its total death toll to 7,340. It now has more than 85,000 infections – surpassing the number of cases reported in China. Media captionSpanish doctor "scared and exhausted" by pandemic New measures have also come into force in Spain banning all non-essential workers from going to their jobs. The restrictions will be in place for at least two weeks. Italy remains the worst affected country worldwide. More than 10,000 people have died from the virus there, and it has recorded nearly 100,000 infections. Only the US has more confirmed cases, although the death toll there is far lower.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    4 years ago
    We’ve let dirt cheap prices excuse piss poor quality for too long
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    Is it racist to call me BBBC?
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    Subraman, My friend, you stated, "These are the same numbers you senile fucks" above. Now I made a statement and 25 was the one being senile by NOT KNOWING his number was the same as I stated, ergo my comment ""In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong." Seems to me there was only ONE "senile fuck". I don't need an apology, but if you wish to do so, I'll certainly accept it. Take care!
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Clubber don't be such a BSer, you had no Idea you just repeated that number and had no Idea what it represented, now in my defense there was a speck of dirt so it appeared to be a misplaced decimal point, so yes I agree theres only one senile old fucker, but it ain't me buddy, but thats ok I really don't need an apology either, the fact that I am able to set the record straight is enough for me 🤣
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    4 years ago
    ooooh, I’m gonna use that the next time I’m holding up a cardboard sign by the freeway. “I don’t need you to give me money, but if you wish to do so, I'll certainly accept it. Take care!”
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    club and 25: I'm just happy I could get you guys to be best friends again. Good deed accomplished!
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @subraman We've always been friends he's really a nice guy he, just has a slight problem with that right wing, causes him to fly in circles all the time.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    China's wet markets are open: [view link] Multiple reports say the wet markets are open again, selling bats and other wildlife, along with dogs and cats, all crammed together and intermixed. To get a real idea of what the conditions are like, go on youtube and search Wuhan Meat Market - Hell On Earth. I could only watch 60s or so, but it is horrifying. Truly a cruel, disgusting, unsanitary culture that, as we've always known and we're reminded of again, creates a giant petri dish that puts the entire world at risk.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Every American should be boycotting anything and everything China. If Walmart buys from Chinma; boycott walmart.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "Every American should be boycotting anything and everything China." Rabbit hole, but why not? Is that just finished products or everything with China in the supply chain?
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I don't think it's easy for a random consumer to avoid products that don't have some content from China. I think the more important movement is much bigger and strategic. I don't really know what the right thing is, or whether it's even realistic, but perhaps start with identifying some strategic products -- medical products, medicines -- and identify how to break China's dominance of those areas, even if it means investing in the industries in other countries; I'd particularly like to see industries spin up in Mexico, central, and south America, if that's remotely viable.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Helping our neighbors to the south makes sense from a production and transport perspective, but also would create a disincentive to cheat, lie and steal by sneaking in illegally. I manage to buy suits and shirts from Taiwan and other goods from non-China sources. I hven't bought anything from China in years. I do understand how lazy Americans will make no effort to improve this country by boycotting our enemies.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Well fuck, last week I bought a cheap [ $1.49 ] handheld calculator at Walmart. Yep, Made In China stamped on the back. Now I've become obsessed with unscrewing the back off to see if there are any little rona's inside. 😁
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    No need. It's definitely full of ronas
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    😁 Thanks Sub, good to know since those 4 Phillips-head screws are too dam small anyway
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Is it racist - or racists? I’m not sure that it’s racist enough to be more than one...
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    "In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong."
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    Cash, Remember the audience here. :)
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    Another interesting article on China rewiring history [view link] How China’s fake news machine is rewriting the history of Covid-19, even as the pandemic unfolds Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson’s retweet of an article blaming the U.S. for infecting Wuhan with coronavirus went viral, viewed 160 million times within hours. But where did the story come from?
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Richard, this is what I was referring to very early on in this thread, and it is almost certainly what triggered Trump to start saying "China virus" -- almost certainly a tit-for-tat, "if you're going to play it that way, I'll publicly call it China virus and we'll see who wins the propaganda war". The Chinese blinked on that one, and Trump subsequently backed off calling it Chinese virus. Just like shutting off flights to China was not racist, neither was this meant to be. I gotta say, whether I like it or not, it had the necessary effect on the Chinese propaganda machine (unless it's been started back up)
  • sinclair
    4 years ago
    It seems the China virus might be racist. On the local news last night, they said 70 percent of those dead in my state are African-American. The virus is disproportionately killing black people in Michigan and Illinois. It may have something to do with being overweight makes it tough to breathe even without a virus that attacks the lungs.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Any community that's overweight and has a higher proportion of diabetes and other comorbidities definitely will get hit worse... Could also be disproportionate access to early medical care/intervention... we'll know more when it all shakes out I guess; I read an article that claimed the black community was slower in general to seek medical care, the Tuskagee Airmen effect
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The louder one cries racism, the less likely it becomes that they have anything valid to say. AOC is the shit for brainscrying it the loudest.
  • richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    Another good perspective [view link] Originated in China, Coronavirus has affected more than 380,000 people worldwide. The number of people testing positive for COVID-19 is increasing at an exponential rate. Stocks have plunged again on Wall Street and the spread of the pandemic has left the business over the world counting costs. Big shifts have been experienced in stock markets, where the share of the companies are bought and sold. And, the outbreak of Corona Virus has made many small business and startups to think about Plan B. Image Source: Google What is the Social and Economic Impact of Pandemic? All over the world, the Governments are requesting people to practice social distancing, which posed an immediate impact on industries that cluster people such as conferences, trade shows, hospitality industry, movies, sporting events, restaurants, schools, airlines/cruises and ships of all types. Whether it is big names like Amazon, Google and Twitter or medium-scale organization, every company is offering work from home facilities to its employees. Large retail chains have even consider shutting the stores to curb the spread of disease. The impact on the small business and gig economy has not been brought into the light yet, but for sure gig and contract-based workers are the ones who will be severely impacted by locked down. Moreover, workers associated with the gig economy often are the ones who have fewer cash reserves to manage sudden downturns. The ripple and feedback effect of these closures will be the loss in the job of thousands of employees worldwide, which will further pull down the economy as these employees will have short of funds to buy products and services.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion