tuscl

The concept of buying/paying for sex is misunderstood.

CJKent (Banned)
“The more a person needs to be right, the less certain he is...”
An adult is paying another adult for his or her time and companionship.

Anything that happens between two consenting adults in privacy is nobody business.

Sex is always a reciprocal gift.

24 comments

• Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    Nicely said. I agree. Sadly it seems government is less understanding.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Anything that happens? So if womeone wants someone else to murder them then society and government has no say? Really?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I think you're rose-colored glasses are nearly opaque.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I don't think any of us here -- aside from a single loud troll -- have any trouble understanding that paying for sex isn't an ethical issue (except at the point where it starts to feel one or the other might be being exploited). But I think it's disingenuous in the extreme that we're paying for "time and companionship". These are money-for-sex transactions, no need to pretend otherwise. If sex doesn't happen, she's not getting any money for her time.
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    I agree with Subra. We pay for services all the time. We hire someone to repair our car, another person to clean our teeth, another person to cook food. I don't pay for time and companionship from my mechanic, dental hygienist and cook, I pay for the service.

The only reason we do the verbal gymnastics suggested by CHKent is to avoid legal action. The better solution is to legalize and regulate sex work in a manner similar to the way that we regulate others service professions.

I have been surprised to see recreational marijuana legalized in some state. I wonder if one or more states will eventually will experiment with legalized prostitution. For those who are tempted to say that Nevada has already legalized prostitution, double check your facts. It is not a state-wide legalization, but county specific.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Why the need for all these mental gymnastics, like this is some academic exercise? If sex wasn't involved, we wouldn't be doing it. Just own it for what it is and be done with it already.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    "I think you're rose-colored glasses are nearly opaque."

Lol
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Maybe some people just pay for sex, but many of us like lap dances andsocializing and neither of them involves sex. Yes, I understand full contact laps are closer to sex than friendship, but I have no issue taking a pretty civie woman to dinner just to have dinner and conversation with a pretty woman, with zero physical contact.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @skibum609

"Separate text from context and all that remains is a con"

~ Stewart Stafford.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Well prostitution has always been a controversial and threatening subject, so there have usually been efforts to contain and eradicate it. You and I can say it is private, but the government does have a right to intrude and stop it, if the duly constituted authorities decide to.

And then some see it as an abuse of male power, and exploitation and abuse of women.

Having seen situations where it is clearly not this way, I do support decriminalization. But I also understand why it still remains a contentious subject.

Vice usually means prostitution, narcotics, and gambling. These are all contentious areas of law because there is no direct victim. But nevertheless, there are usually efforts to stop these.

With the prostitution law, in many situations it is completely impossible to enforce it, or even define where the line is. When it is enforced, it is usually only against the poor, immigrants, and minorities.

An attorney with a UC Santa Cruz Poly Sci degree, who understands how selective the enforcement is:
    http://www.bernardbraylaw.com/practice-a…

SJG

NYC's Most Expensive Hotel Suite
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/25/photos-o…

Miss Black South Carolina
    https://missblacksouthcarolina.com/

Satellite Image Reveals Ancient Lake in the Sahara
    https://weather.com/news/trending/video/…

If only it could stay down:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EDJI/c…

Daylight Saving Time 2020: When To Spring Forward
    Daylight saving time, often incorrectly called daylight savings time, is about to begin in U.S. states, except for Arizona and Hawaii.

Daylight saving time begins Sunday, March 8, when most Americans will set their clocks ahead one hour.
    End of daylight saving time is Nov. 1 this year
    https://patch.com/us/across-america/dayl…
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Exactly what is misunderstood?
    This is idiotic have any of y’all heard of the golden rule, “she who has the pussy gets the gold”
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Speaking for my self of of my own view, some people see it as, and practice it as extreme objectification.

I do not do this. I treat all women as civilians and in all situations.

In countries other than the US, well off guys often keep mistresses. I see it more like that.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    You cam have sex with someone and exchange whatever for it. You can't solicit or engage in prostitution. This has been discussed ad nauseam in here. Take your flawed premise up before a judge or prosecutor 🤣🤣🤣
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I never solicit or in anyway act like I see the woman as selling sex or as being motivated by money. No matter what the situation is, I treat all women as civilians.

SJG

TJ Street
    https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=3560
    https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=2305
  • McNaffles
    5 years ago
    The concept of buying/paying for many things is misunderstood. Most especially by people who choose not to do it .... First Class Airfares, Designer clothes, small european cars, tech shares, organic food, a party organizer, .....
    Multiply the misunderstanding factor when those people think they know better.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Good point!

SJG
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    This is bullshit. Do you ever have a thought of your own? One you didn't pull from a facebook meme or book quote?

They are selling sex. Some of us are buying it. And there's not a damned thing wrong, immoral, or evil about that.

All that "anything that happens between two consenting adults in privacy is nobody business," while completely true, just serves to sidestep the issue and convince others that even *you* don't recognize the legitimacy of sex for sale and the illegitimacy of the government and religion's suppression of it.

Step up. Or shut up.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Talking to the OP ?

SJG
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    What Stupid Jerkoff Guy, you think maybe he’s talking to you? You know full well georg has you on ignore so why the hell would he be talking to you.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ And prevert, again negative meta-narrative, simply preventing sensible discussion. Clean some wax out of your ears.

SJG
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I’m not preventing anything. I’m not preventing you from ignoring me for instance but you can’t bring yourself to do that can you. The. You wouldn’t be able to bitch about my meta narrative whatever that is.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    You should have better things to do than talk about me. If you tried this f2f you would be silenced.

SJG
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @georgmicrodong

Quotations are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader.

Pragmatically speaking, quotations can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Wittgenstein is great, and I love his Private Language argument.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion