tuscl

Random Theory: Middle aged adults are more active on social media than young ppl

CC99
Say yes to the sex industry!
Saturday, February 22, 2020 2:24 AM
If you listened to the people who make speeches at my college, you’d think every young person couldn’t take their eyes off Facebook or twitter.

Honestly though, none of my friends have any significant presence on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. I do think girls are obsessed with social media regardless of age but a lot of guys don’t seem to care about updating their status on Twitter and often I find the last time they posted anything was months or years ago. I know a lot more middle aged people who make daily updates or multiple updates a day than young people.

Young guys, in my experience, are much more attracted to anonymous Internet websites/forums like this one or like reddit, Discord, and 4chan than they are interested in Twitter or Facebook. Probably cause guys want to say more inappropriate and offensive stuff or argue with people and if you do that on Facebook your whole family can see that you just casually dropped the N bomb in casual conversation 😂.

30 comments

• shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I've been seeing a 28 yo stripper OTC once a week for the past 5 months We meet for 4 hours including lunch. I have never seen anyone so active on Face Book. I get an alert almost everyday that she has posted a new photo or comment. When we are at lunch she always takes a photo of her meal to post on snap chat.

I'm 78 and have never posted on any social media accept this one. I think it is just a personality thing rather than age.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I don't think young people use Facebook as much now. That has been taken over by their parents. But the young girls I hang with are on Snapchat and Instagram all the time.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    LinkedIn
    Gender https://www.statista.com/statistics/9339…
    Age would have been posted but the most recent one from that site is from 2016 on that?
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    In short: the 25-34 year old age range is the most active on social media, and males are more so than females.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    CC, why are you muting spice? She is putting up very relative comments for your subject.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    ^^. I am surprised that men use it more than women.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ^ Yeah honestly I was surprised as well. Maybe men do more lurking to find tiddie pics and it gets counted?
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I'm a friend of an ex-stripper who is in her early 30s. She posts on Facebook 10 to 20 times a day.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I don't think so. But some social media outlets cater to different groups
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Nicespice is getting muted because she is not a waifu fuck pillow.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Meth head spice lulz
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Nicespice is ruining this thread with relevancy and facts.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Seems like online should be a supplement to f2f life, not a substitute for it.

Texting can be very appealing, but I still like to spend time with books, and wo electronics.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Exactly. Social media should complement life but it doesn't. It often replaces it or just portrays an image to others thats not real
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Why is nicespice on mute?
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    @Heaving

If guys said the exact same stuff or posted the same pictures it would probably look kind of weird. But given that there are some guys who are just as active as girls I don't think its about a lack of material so much as a lack of interest.

I think middle aged adults are more active because of the wider audience you mention. Young people are more likely to only talk with other young people and we are a smaller part of the population than middle aged adults are. Plus I think Facebook and Twitter is too mainstream for a lot of young people.

@Warrior15

Yeah they are on Snapchat a lot. I definitely was including Instagram and Snapchat.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Historically females have been less involved with computers. I first noticed the change with Myspace. I think some of it was just that the software let them go quite far in personally feminizing their profiles.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I think we have to factor in the costs of Wi-Fi and data speeds. Data plans. Who can afford more.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Women, young women, they really took to MySpace like I had never seen women go for computers before.

SJG
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    I think women value connectivity with one another more than men do. With guys, you can disappear for months at a time, see them again and its like nothing changed. Girls are much more likely to get offended that their friend didn't text or message them within a certain period of time. I think in general, women just want to know more about each other. This is why stuff like MySpace and Facebook appeals more to women. It allows them to see what their friends are doing whenever they want, which makes them feel more connected to their friends.

I think guys just don't really care about that as much. Discussions between guys are often more related to hobbies and ideas than updating one another of our activities.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    But women had been resistant to computers, for the most part, especially young hotties. That changed with MySpace, and some women have told me it was because of the great latitude in personalizing their profiles.

SJG

Big Gal
    https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=4092

Frampton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axs7w6lF…
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    @Heaving

I don't know but it seems to be a source of humor to my mom. She hears about me and my friends' habits and just says "God you guys are terrible!"
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I miss myspace. That was a gold mine for pussy
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    17 hrs agoexpand_more
    www.statista.com
    nicespice 17 hrs agoexpand_more
    www.statista.com
    www.statista.com
    Twitter: no convenient all in one chart
    www.statista.com
    www.statista.com
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    nicespice17 hrs agoexpand_more
    www.statista.com
    www.statista.com
    www.statista.com
    Twitter: no convenient all in one chart
    www.statista.com
    www.statista.com
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    nicespive17 hrs agoexpand_more
    LinkedIn
    Gender www.statista.com
    Age would have been posted but the most recent one from that site is from 2016 on that?
    In short: the 25-34 year old age range is the most active on social media, and males are more so than females.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion