tuscl

Do you Tweet?

Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:57 PM
I find twitter annoying as I do face book. I catch it from various friends as to how should join and what the benefits are. I sat down a short time back a listed the benefits and disadvantages of both and about three benefits including keeping in touch and the full page disadvantages including keeping in touch with people you would rather forget including distant relatives. I have no interest in sharing my mundane existence with the world and I have NO desire to share other people's either, I don't care what color your poop was this morning or what you had for dinner last night and sure as HELL don't want pictures of them!

21 comments

• shadowcat
    4 years ago
    TUSCL is the only social media that I post on and I mostly stay on the site's topic.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    4 years ago
    Yes. It's useful for my side gig. It's also useful for following different political topics. "I don't care what color your poop was this morning or what you had for dinner last night and sure as HELL don't want pictures of them!" If that's what you see on social media, then it reflects who you're following. You can restrict your feed to a pretty granular level, if that's what you want.
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    I mostly use it to talk about sporting (or wrestling) events in real time. May also do that with TV shows, but that's about it.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    No. I'm a human being, not a parakeet.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I created a twitter account to vote on Americas Got Talent. Its useful to follow the Weather Channel, local news, and muni/county agencies during extreme weather i.e. Hurricanes. A couple of years ago, I created a twitter feed with the new business. I think it's the least useful ofnour four digital sites (main web page, facebook, linkedin, twitter), but we do have patients and contemporaries following us. I tweet once every few months.
  • SerenitySinn
    4 years ago
    👍 use 2 lots!!!! Just started back up, here n there🤷🏻‍♀️
  • BocaOnt2019
    4 years ago
    I use twitter mainly for my other hobby. Twitter does have its uses for this hobby if a SW is on Twitter - DMs can be safer form of communication than texts?
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Fuck no. There are very few upsides and many downsides. Look at all these people that can’t help themselves to tweet something stupid and lose their jobs. Sometimes years after the tweet
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    I use Twitter to write down thoughts I come up with or phrases I read and want to save.
  • DandyDan
    4 years ago
    I have one, but only use it for following a small number of athletes and rock musicians. One friend of mine from high school prefers Twitter over Facebook and we correspond that way.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    People may be offended by this, but 90% of my hatred of Trump is his moronic tweets and the fact I believe Twitter gives a voice to stupid people with nothing to say . The twittersphere is loserville.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Social media, like video games, is a huge time vacuum. Did both for about a year, became a near obsession, and then realized how much time I was wasting, so I quit.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    No
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    4 years ago
    Social media provides back pretty much what you put into it.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    I can see how it could be useful for some folks, depending on their line of work. But I have no interest in it as a general means of communication.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Other than TUSCL, I don't do any social-media (not Facebook or anything else). When I feel like reading something of interest, I usually just Google it - the only tech communication I use is email and text (Google for anything else of interest).
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @Skibum: "Twitter gives a voice to stupid people with nothing to say . The twittersphere is loserville." ___________ First sentence is true but not the second. There are plenty of Nobel Prize winners you can follow on Twitter and that beats waiting for their next book.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Yassir Arafat and Barrack Obama won nobel prizes, so I might as well follow Antonio Brown.. Military Intelligence; Jumbo Shrimp; Crash Landiing; Defeaning Silence; Devout Atheist; Social Media.......
  • rockie
    4 years ago
    There is much written here on TUSCL that is just as lacking in perspective as the worst of twitter.
  • joatmon
    4 years ago
    i agree with shadowcat. Tuscl is more than enough for me.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    @rockie +1
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion