tuscl

Do You Dance?

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:09 PM
Anybody here go to regular dance clubs and get out on the floor and shake your hips? If not now was there ever a time when you enjoyed doing that, either to pick up chicks or just for fun? If not, why not? Do you think the answer has anything to do with how you relate to naked liadies who dance in strip clubs?

22 comments

• FONDL
    17 years ago
    I love to dance, but about the only chance I get to do it anymore is at weddings. Personally I think I'm pretty good, especially after a few drinks. Especially when with a hot young bride's maid. Other than strip clubs, weddings are probably the only socially acceptable time when a geezer like me can have fun with hot young chicks and get away with it.
  • Lapaholic
    17 years ago
    "weddings are probably the only socially acceptable time when a geezer like me can have fun with hot young chicks and get away with it." LOL - that is so true .... I have had on occassion stepped out on the floor while in Hyannis for golf outings. I was even asked by a young-ish lady to dance ( poor girl ) .. But that was an exception... Use to be a couple of strip clubs I frequented where u could dance with your fave. Never did - it looked too pathetic.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Not since I met my ex wife But I do know a retired 60+ yo Cuban that lives for it. He goes with his wife and it is all about spanish music and culture. He is a lucky dude...
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    It's been a while for me. One girl's idea of dancing with me was rubbing her leg up between mine. :) I don't really know any dance moves so when I do try that, I might have had a few beers. Works ok if the girl is already drunk. I'm not really a big fan of dancing though. I'd rather play pool with a girl or play an arcade game with those fake pistols in a shoot out (not in a dual with her but with the arcade game). If I got talked into playing paint ball with some guys in the army reserve while they all had automatic multi shot rifles and I still had a single shot gun, I probably could end up trying to dance again. hmmm, I haven't tried laser tag yet.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I have a suspicion I won't be playing paint ball for a while, I believe my old army reserve friend may be in Afghanistan. It was a lot of fun blowing up his bases when I showed him a PC game called Total Annihilation. He got better pretty fast though. Apparently I'm thinking of a lot of things I'd rather do than dance.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I do remember visiting one sports bar just intending to play some of the arcade games after drinking a couple of beers. I noticed one girl in shorts sitting at the bar looking at me. I went over and she started feeling up my legs. I returned the favor by feeling her legs. She kept me at the sports bar longer than normal that night. Got her phone number and left to go visit the local strip clubs. I used to make the sports bar part of my regular club hopping but I was just going there to have fun and not trying to pick up anyone. Actually I believe I asked a stripper if there were any good sport bars in town. That might explain why I ran into the same stripper one night in the sports club. She sat and chatted with me for a while and then asked if I was going to the strip club. I saw her at the strip club a few minutes after seeing her at the sports bar.
  • Pete22z
    17 years ago
    I used to dance when I was younger. I'll actually dance now, but I do it so infrequently that it kinda feels awkward. My own "dance experience" has nothing to do with how I relate to strippers. Now I have seen a club site where customers could actually dance with a stripper. If I ever found myself in that situation I'm sure it would matter.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Well, even at age 60, I still dance. I've been told that I am a pretty good dancer. I try and stay tuned to the latest dances, but also dance to the older themes like, disco dancing, etc. I don't relate my dancing to naked ladies in a strip club though. However, watching my share of strippers, I've picked up a few pointers that I have used on the dance floor. :-)
  • trojangreg
    17 years ago
    Having made two extended work related trips to South America over the last 3 months I have come to love to dance. The women love to go to the bars and drink and dance. Salsa dancing is fun and at the end of the night you usually end up lucky.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I used to, but I can't dance to save my life, and most of my friends moved on from that. Most of my non-stripclub social nights anymore are to either sports bars and/or karaoke nights.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I had heard that the "cool" guys who get chicks DON'T DANCE. They sulk around the outside edges of the dance floor and act macho instead. Somehow this causes women to find them appealing.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    Only ballroom and polka at weddings, social halls, etc. I've always been too self-conscious for "modern" or "freestyle" dance, but if there are rules to say whether I'm doing it "right", I'm ok with that. BG, I find that knowing how to do traditional dances gets you lots of women at gatherings where those dances are done. For some reason I find this is esp. true at social gatherings that have an "ethnic" flair, like weddings in Eastern European communities, or parties at ethnic halls. In my area, there are still a lot of ethnic neighborhoods, social clubs, etc., that have hung over from industrial times. The last three weddings I have been to had receptions that could have come straight out of "The Deer Hunter." It certainly has never hurt me with women in those settings that, although I am German, I can "dance Polish" ("Lithuanian, Croatian, etc..."). In my younger, single days, it even got me laid several times. On the other hand, when I was a young lawyer, my ability to dance got me stuck dancing with a lot of old partners' old wives.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I love to dance. The only place where not dancing is cool, IMO, is as a patron in a strip club. It always looks pathetic to me when PLs can't resist the urge to get up and move. Please just don't! I've been going to dance clubs since I was kid. I just never stopped, except for giving up breakdancing after I injured my shoulder a few years ago. Although I don't ask young girls I don't know to dance anymore, I think my experience with that helps me approach strippers in clubs and get them to join me. And I don't know, sometimes when I read convoluted posts here that make dealings with strippers or women in general sound ridiculously soul-wrenching, I think the writer needs to reduce things to a simpler lever. If you can't get yourself laid, at least get out and jack your body.
  • apesht45
    17 years ago
    Only dance the POGO! A good bop in the head is just the ticket for the denziens of the local strip clubs!
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Interestingly I just returned from a wedding and I didn't dance at all. And the reason is simple, they had a DJ, not live music, and I have this thing, I only dance to live music. Maybe it's because I'm a musician, but I hate DJs, even when they aren't in strip clubs. IF YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED, DON'T BE SO FUCKING CHEAP, HIRE A BAND.
  • lopaw
    17 years ago
    I used to dance up a storm before I met the missus, but since she doesn't drink or dance much, now I just go without. :( Regarding PL's attempting to dance @ SC's - the few times I've seen it, I got quite a kick out of it. Maybe because the guilty parties were a bit older and it just looked kind of cute. It helped that they only did it for a minute or so.....had they kept it up any longer, I'm sure someone would have put a stop to it.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    FONDL: If I ever need an excuse for not feeling like dancing, I'll have to try that one. "Sorry, I'm a musician. I don't dance to recorded music." Actually, I've been to weddings where I only wish they'd hired a DJ instead of some obnoxious band. Not that my standards are all that demanding. Like for Chitown, a kickass polka band is plenty good for me.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Lopaw, I might not mind the kind of dancing you describe. Bad dancing can be a hoot to see. What annoys me is usually younger guys who seem to think they're on reality TV. It's more vain than cute, and more drunk than anything.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Chandler, I've had that experience too. I should have said "HIRE A GOOD BAND." But I've never heard a polka band at a wedding. Nor do I want to.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Where I come from, wedding bands may play all different kinds of music, some better than others, but they all play polka. It's the law.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    The mind boggles at the thought.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Here there are so many good musicians available and desperate for a gig, that if you just mention that a Toussaint or a Marsailis or a Bagneris is going to be invited to a wedding plenty of beginners will VOLUNTEER to play. But that's New Orleans, most of the rest of the country isn't half as interesting ... Har, I could just imagine a boogie-woogie funk piano rendition of a wedding polka. Or the chicken dance ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion