tuscl

User created discussion groups

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
Do you want to create your own discussion groups?

If so, should the group creator be assigned as a moderator?

19 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I've never been in favor of so much segmentation of the Discussion Board and thus not gaga about further segmentation and complexity - either way I'd roll w/ it if implemented but not something I would ask for (to this day I have yet to create a thread in any Discussion group other than the Front Room)
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I can’t think of anything I’d use it for honestly.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Respectfully, no.

I mean if I wanted to discuss whitewater rafting or astronomy I'd start an OT discussion here.

But no.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Nope. I would miss all the fun if these boards became moderated. These boards are the next best thing to my favorite hobby of people watching. I love seeing weird people spewing drama all over the floors.
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    Hmmm... maybe something like a group PM option instead? It might be nice to have a conversation with multiple people at once without making it public, or cluttering up the discussion boards...
    🌞
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    What I WOULD love to see is political posts that are made anywhere else, remanded to their proper place...I guess maybe that's easier said than done, but I was particularly pleased when that group was created. It's somewhat disappointing to see it not being respected, but I suppose it's not the hardest thing in the world to scroll past 'em either...🌞
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I'm still not entirely sure what is being proposed or how it would fit into the user interface.

Private group PMs could be useful. The problem with any new feature on this site is that there's always at least one dickhead who tries to weaponize it.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Would be great for the person that talks to themselves a lot!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Seriously, we do have the message system for limited discussions.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    So Founder is proposing subdividing the forum into user-moderated groups and each group has a collection of threads? Any limit to the number of groups? If 50 members create 50 groups one would have to click 50 times to explore new content? Sounds like chaos but maybe I'm missing something.

What @papi said -- keep it simple and avoid fracturing a small group.

You have to decide whether you want a lively unmoderated forum or a polite moderated forum like thousands of others around the web. We could have a single room and a team of moderators to clean up only the most egregious trolling, as a compromise.

It's your business Founder, it's whatever you want.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    I don’t get a vote, but if I did I would vote that all of your focus be on adding “go to first unread post” buttons.
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    Still dont get the difference between verified and vip forum.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    I think we already have too many forums to try and track.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Chessmaster... There's no difference in content, necessarily. Being verified is a permanent condition once you go through the process (which is simple). Whereas VIP expires after 30 (or more if you've stacked up several club reviews.

The Verified Room was created so that Verified members could have conversations that aren't derailed by trolls. I'm not VIP right now, but I can still post to the Verified Room.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    I liked the VIP room better before the Verified room was added. I’ll eventually get around to being verified, but I like anything that encourages more reviews are written. As long as VIP includes verified dancers (or women) I think the Verified room is unnecessary and dilutes the forum content into too many rooms.
  • azdd
    5 years ago
    I like the idea of being able to set up a separate discussion board, if the moderator can control membership and postings. I could see value in a regional board (like Arizona!) which would consist primarily of local PLs and dancers to discuss the various happenings in local clubs. A couple of site regulars have suggested setting up such a board, separate from this site, but they haven’t come about to my knowledge.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    There are too many Forums as it is. I have kinda lost interest in the Discussion Board because of it.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    As the discussion groups have been further segmented, I’ve used them less. Can’t explain why, but I have.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I agree with Papi_Chulo, no need for further segmentation. And letting people be moderators of their own groups, that is still another kind of block.

Look at how it is now. The most restrictive access is in the Dancer's Dressing Room.

Then for those who need a circle jerk environment, we have the VIP room, with chairs all around the perimeter, and the only way in or out being the hatch in the center of the ceiling.

And this circle jerk VIP room has nice plastic and easy to clean chairs, like in an airport waiting area.

Then for those who want that circle jerk environment but are not willing to pay or write regular reviews or articles, we have the Verified Room. Just like the VIP Room, but with wooden benches around the perimeter.

I think things are really just fine the way they are. Founder continues to do a good job.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion