tuscl

Bar side tipping

bullzeye
New Hampshire
Rick’s post got me thinking about a topic I previously have not given much thought about. How much/when/how often do you tip a dancer when you are talking to her barside?

Up to now, it really hasn’t been a concern. I either went to the rail and tipped a dancer or got dances (LD/VIP). But the more I club, the more I find I’m getting to know some dancers and we spend time kibbitzing before they give me dances. It’s actually not too bad and it builds up a little anticipation. But, I have no idea how much to tip them or how often. Some dancers have mentioned this to me that is what other guys do.

One could say just take a dancer to the LD area but frankly once I’m there, I wanna spend my time with the contact not the chit chat.

What do you guys do?

15 comments

• shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I have never paid a dancer to just sit with me.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I tip dancers when I'm interested in getting to know them better. I've found that tipping a dollar is best, because it lets the dancer know I'm interested. If she's free, she'll come see me when she gets off stage. Tipping a $20 doesn't help if the dancer is already engaged with another customer.

I also buy dancers drinks when they sit at the table with me.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    I have if, like Rick, it’s a piece I’m working on for OTC. If we are drinking and the drinks are $13, I’ll give the bartender $2 and slip the dancer $5. No harm in showing a little generousity and letting them know getting a few bucks here and there isn’t a struggle.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    AFAIK Rick does not buy dances so his tipping is to spend something on her in-lieu of getting dances (Rick's dancer-interaction is to try to set up OTC) - if you plan to buy dances or VIP then tipping while she's talking to you is not really necessary, 9 times out of 10 the dancer will usually pop the dance-question at some point - if you're a customer that wants a lot of table-time with a dancer to the point that her hang-with-you-time is more important than dance-time, then tipping her periodically will aid her staying put at your table vs seeking-greener-pastures.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Bullzeye, if I was buying LDs or VIPs with her, then I'd probably just treat the barside chat to be foreplay. The problem is that I don't enjoy LDs, nor do I like that many girls are conditioned to take off once LDs are done. But if a girl knows that I don't buy dances, how am I going to keep her attention long enough to get to know her and possibly explore OTC options?

Hence the barside tipping. For some girls, it's an excuse to drink while getting paid something. For others it's a way to pick up a few bucks on a slow night. Yet for others it's a way to pocket a bit of cash without having to crawl on a guy's lap. For some it is probably combination of all of these.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I will pay a dancer $20 per 30 minutes chat time and buy them drinks during our chat time. They are there to make money. If they spend quality time with me in a 30 minute period, then I am going to VIP with them. Inside VIP, I will tip them as I would if I were sitting stage side. Gets me laid every time.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    Thanks to all for the info. Aporeciated
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    If I'm browsing the new and used cars at an auto dealer, I don't tip the salesperson for talking with me. Its just part of their sales job.

In a similar manner, I don't tip a dancer for just talking with me; its part of their sales job. On the other hand, if the dancer is handsy at the table, then I'll tip her for just sitting with me, even if I reject a private dance.

By the way, I'm not sure that analogy extends to the car sales person--- I've never found a car salesperson whose sales pitch included a hand job. :)
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Have you tried saleswomen?
  • DenimChicken
    5 years ago
    Only if we've been chatting for a bit but i know I have no intentions of getting dances.

Girls asking for tips after minimal interaction is just trashy and annoying as fuck to me.

This doesn't mean I'm going Mr. Pink style and never tip - but asking for a tip after 2min of chat or ending one dance with "tips are always appreciated"....get that shit out of here.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Tipping is for service provided. Sitting and talking is not a service.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    In most of the clubs in Louisville, the girls won't be *allowed* to sit and talk unless you buy an overpriced "dancer drink" for them. Since the girls make money on those drinks as well, most of them are willing to move on when you're not buying anyway.

But, you can sometimes get around that by discreetly tipping at the table, or by tucking a buck or two in their costume every few minutes. And, as Subraman has noted time and time again, a table full of food is as good as, or better than, a tip for keeping them around.
  • londonguy
    5 years ago
    Agree with Clubber. The more guys tip for chatting the more likelihood it will become expected.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Generally speaking, I pay for her time with VIP dances.

Sometimes, I get to the club, and there's literally no girl I'm interested in getting VIP dances with. But a stripper comes up, I let her stay her usual one song, and I find her fun to talk to. I'll ask her if she drinks and if she says yes, well at least my trip isn't a total waste -- now I have a fun drinking buddy. As long as I have no more interesting options, I'm fine with this -- I've already cleared my calendar and driven over an hour there (and face another hour home), just turning around and going home is a colossal waste of an afternoon. Whereas I can enjoy drinking for an hour with a rockin' fun chick, even if she's not my type. I will definitely tip her for the hour. I hate to say it, but since the clubs here currently take 100% of the first $150 the girls make, and 70% of the next $150, giving her even $60 that the club can't touch (since it's hand-to-hand instead of as a dance) is a pretty big win for her, especially if it's a slow time and there's no real opportunity cost for staying with me.

I realize many of you guys have a different agenda - if she's not hot enough to do dances with, she's not hot enough to hang with. I am sometimes open to other diversions if the trip is otherwise a bust.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Agree with Clubber. The more guys tip for chatting the more likelihood it will become expected."

I don't think there's really a serious risk of this becoming customary, especially in the area in which Clubber clubs. It's not unheard of in some of the northeastern clubs, but not exactly routine even there. Here in the south, most girls initially act very surprised. For guys who buy dances, I think that most of these girls know that a little romancin' is the cost of doing business. In the rare instances where I'm clubbing someplace with fully private and fun back rooms, I generally don't do it either.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion