tuscl

Skinny White Girls and Rap Music

Definitely a thing I noticed in Portland at two clubs in particular. Those clubs had a jukebox and girls picked their own music. It seemed the the more blond and thin she was, the more “thuggish” in extent the songs seemed to be.

Also, I recently scoped out the club scene in Denver as a customer. I wanted to judge whether it’s worth trying it out here or just buy weed, enjoy the outdoors, and dip out. The top clubs live up to the super thin and super white reputation for sure. I felt “thick” compared to most of them and I’m not that body type at all. And yet, the music played in nearly every club except one was just non-stop rap and only every once in a while would the occasional song from another genre would get mixed in.

Diamond and Shotguns were the main clubs I’m thinking of that made me go “wtf”. Platinum84 was also mostly rap and all the rap surprised me there too because that was the first club I observed. But at the very least, there seemed like there was more ethnic minorities in the clientele and also more ethnic and body type diversity with the dancers too. (Skinny and white still dominated there, but it wasn’t to the same extent as the others)

Rap was also a fixture at PT Showclub, but that’s a solid mid tier club so meh. Still a higher rap ratio though than, for example, p10 San Antonio where white girls are unicorns.

Meanwhile, many other clubs I’ve been in have their clear hard # of song limits on rap music, and DJs often handle it by playing an edm version of those songs.

Is this all in my imagination or what? It’s so freaking weird

42 comments

• nicespice
    5 years ago
    Hmm, actually now that I think about it, this didn’t happen as much at Hustlers in ESL. Which was very much a blond white girl club. Being on dayshift, the body thickness type was a bit more diverse. But still plenty of the thin types.

( But come to think of it, and it’s been a while since I’ve been there so my memory is a bit more hazy, so that may have been an exception but I don’t remember. Can anybody who has been to that club more recently comment on that? )
    ——
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @nicespice I think you're just seeing more rap becoming even more mainstream. It's almost synonymous with pop music nowadays. So those skinny white girls are just picking out the current pop hits which, relative to the past, have more rap in them. Look at how much everyone loves Drake. He's freaking huge and has more mass appeal then, say, Tupac or even Snoop Dogg. More skinny white girls love Drake and rap than ever before.

But...Portland still has some clubs where the skinny white girls play rock or alternative music. Go to DV8/Rose City Strip and that will be the music rather than those other clubs you observed playing a lot of rap.

But I get what you are saying though. It's a sign of the times.
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    Most of the local clubs I have been to play a fairly diverse mix of songs. From rap to country with even some Frank Sinatra. Generally a good mix of dancer types as well. Probably more white then not. I go in the afternoon. Customers tend to be old white dudes like me.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Do we blame Gwen Stefani?

Note also that back in the day Blondie might have been the very first skinny white girl that rapped.

https://youtu.be/pHCdS7O248g

• SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    "I felt “thick” compared to most of them and I’m not that body type at all."

LMFAO you're "petite thick". 😂🤣
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    @Sirlap At sunset specifically, some of the less blond and less slender girls favored rock or some kind of pop tho.

There was a Hispanic girl whose music selection was in that genre too, but it was more “dance” type of hip hop and less thuggy.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I don’t know what the new rap shit is but it’s AWFUL. But to me it seems like ALL millennial dancers like that stuff. I’ll listen to Nas, A tribe called quest, De La Soul all day but this crap now. No. Hell no.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @nicespice Understood since I know of those same girls. I honestly think it's just coincidence. Overall I just see more and more thug type of rap played but not just by skinny white blondes. At my other club there are strippers of all types doing the same thing. My thick blonde ATF DS likes wrap a lot but she also gets tired of all of it because all the girls are choosing it. She personally draws a line at rap that has "bitches", "hos", and "niggas" mentioned too often and complains as such to the strippers that constantly play it.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @Muddy De La Soul is good shit. You can still find rap like that today, but it's more underground. The problem is that mainstream rap is all about sex and materialism. The rappers with good messages, like De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Arrested Development, and Public Enemy are no longer mainstream. For whatever reason the mainstream wants superficial rap shit.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @heaving LOL nicespice is my unicorn DS and I only refer to her as such. ATF DS is taken and that isn't changing, ever.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    It may not mean much, but I've noticed a good number of strippers don't play the music they like on stage, they play the music their target audience likes.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @Dolfan along that same thought, it meant something to me that nicespice let me choose all her stage set songs a few times at the jukebox with her. Seeing her dance to Siouxsie and the Banshees, Cocteau Twins, and Led Zeppelin was a nice change of pace for a strip club.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    I have no insight regarding why a skinny white blonde would dance to rap. I could simply answer its stripper logic.

But most rap seems to be made for strip clubs. The lyrics relate to flossing, bling, referring to women as hoes, making it rain, big booties and poppin bottles in the club. The tracks have lots of bass for some good booty shakin (even if theres just a tiny booty to shake).

Look at that skinny white girl Diarrhea Grande - acting like a dirty hoe - with no booty. Although I think she moved to hip hop as a business decision.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ^ lmao Cashman

If I ever become a Strip club DJ, I would make it a policy that booties would be mandatory for rap music. Huge butts could be allowed to twerk to heavier lyrics about drugs and violence. Medium butts could shake to medium lyrics about popping bottles and having a good time. Small butts need to pick a different music genre too bad
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @nicespice that's so discriminatory! I say if you can clap or pop your ass, you earn the right to dance to hip hop. No clap or no pop = pick a different music too bad

#smalltwerkingbuttsmatter
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    So what type of music would a flat white ass dance to? Would it be Olivia Newton John - Lets Get Physical? Or maybe a Zumba mix - to try and add some back to the booty?
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    "Diarrhea Grande"

^ ROFLMFAO! She's an example of a small ass that can't twerk.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Isn't that cultural appropriation?
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I agree with SLD's take on the whole thing. And I also like Muddy's taste of music, I'm right there with you.

Still, from having good times in the club set to all this new age rap, it's actually grown on me. Where I used to be in the same boat as Muddy and calling all the new stuff crap, now I actually kind of dig it. Some of my best times clubbing has been in Hong Kong TJ and they primarily play 'gringo' music there, about 90% rap. You'll hear bust down Thotianna, Migos, Cardi B, and all that other top 40 shit over and over. I have a strip club playlist on apple music and whenever I listen to it it just reminds me of different times in the club. Good stuff.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ I prefer 'ass aficionado'
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @TFP great post. I don't mind the modern rap crap because it's simply made for strip and night clubs. It just fits. But that said, seeing nicespice dance to Kashmir by Led Zeppelin was just as hot as seeing her dance to How Do You Want It by Tupac.
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    @nicespice I find it very disappointing how little many dancers understand (or how little a club trains a dancer to understand) the power of their stage songs to attract PL's to watch them and get more dances from them.

It should not take more than a few weeks working at a club to realize that the customers with the most cash and the customers most willing to spend that cash on dances (table/booth/VIP, etc.) are generally men over 40, and usually men who are ethnically representative of the local community demographics. So if I was a dancer (and thank goodness I am not!!) in a predominantly Caucasian area I'd want music from 20-30 years ago to play as much as possible so that the 40-60 year old guys there will react positively and spend money on a dancer that reminds them of that hot girl they new in school...

I can understand if the club has a Millennial DJ who thinks rap, especially thug rap, is cool and must be played at all times - and as loud as the audio system will allow. But many clubs allow each dancer to select their own music when on stage.

As a 50+ white guy who grew up in So Cal, I am must more inclined to get in the mood to drop $300, $400, or more when I'm channeling my 20's and 30's through music. Hearing loud, explicit lyrics glorifying violence against women, police, other thugs, etc. just makes me feel old and uncomfortable.

This ain't rocket science, is it? If dancers/DJ's played the music their best customer's want to hear, instead of the music that the DJ or the dancer wants, I'm confident that they would get more dances.

I get that some dancers will feel more "into it"/"artistically inclined" by contemporary music that they identify with, but are they there to earn money, or just feel good about how bad ass they can be?

Hmm.. maybe it is rocket science. :(
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    An 18 year old crackhead naging on an empty coffee canwith a stick is acceptable music if the dancer is hot enough.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @herbtcat

>As a 50+ white guy who grew up in So Cal, I am must more inclined to get in the mood to drop $300, $400, or more when I'm channeling my 20's and 30's through music. Hearing loud, explicit lyrics glorifying violence against women, police, other thugs, etc. just makes me feel old and uncomfortable.<

excellent point and should be required reading for any dancer looking to bank, just know your customer base and you will make some money.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    nice,

First club I visited regularly was Tootsie's. Not far from it's location these days, but not even close to the same club. It was more a dive then, but a decent dive. Dancer tips were basically quarters for the jukebox. Times sure have changed.

Sort of dating myself. Had to be back in the 70's.
  • boomer79
    5 years ago
    I hate rap music. For me just hearing it is a major turn off. I also hate twerking and “making it rain”. Of course that’s becoming more common even in classier clubs.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @herbtcat for the win!!!
  • SanchoRG
    5 years ago
    Basic bitches loooove rap it’s no real mystery
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    For the most-part I kinda tune-out the music played in clubs unless a particular song happens to catch-my-ear but for the most-part it's the equivalent of background-noise for me these days; my attention is mostly focused on the dancers.

w.r.t. rap-music in clubs - it stands to reason that is what is played in most clubs since that seems to be the most popular form of music these days - having said this, most mixed-clubs down-here in SoFlo I don't necessarily pick up that they are playing hardcore/gangsta rap but more of the popular kinda dance-to type rap - and I get the feeling that in most SoFlo clubs it is the DJ in-charge of the songs being played instead of the dancers picking them but IDK for sure.

As to white-chicks picking gangsta-rap; IDK - maybe it's a rebellious thing - maybe it has something to do with a certain trashy-type white-dancers into dating thug black-guys and having thug black-guy baby-daddies - seems lowclass white people often gravitate towards ghetto-stuff including gangsta/hardcore rap.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @nicespice The next time that you observe a skinny white girl picking out some gangsta rap, I double dog dare you to go up to her and say, "Whaddup, my wigga?" 😝
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    w.r.t. other types of music (rock, etc) being played in clubs vs rap, IDK - there was a club down here in SoFlo (Vixens in Davie) that tried to go w/ a rock-theme (music, decor, etc) and it didn't catch on - it was a nice upscale club that opened about 3-years ago by the guy that owned Scarlett's in Hallandale (b/f he sold it to Tootsies) - after a year+ or so the club was converted back to typical upscale-ish type music and decor (EDM, etc) - I visited Vixens when it was a rock-club and found it uncomfortable - after a while all the guitar-twanging started to seriously get on my nerves; and 9 out of 10 dancers did not seem to be able to dance to the rock songs well at all - seems the beat of rap or EDM is easier for the girls to dance to.

I don't consider myself a rap-music fan but I do like the beat of certain rap-songs and prefer to see the girls dancing to it and prefer the girls dancing to music they prefer/like - for me the visual-sense takes over the auditory sense in clubs and I usually tune-out the music when I'm focused on the dancers - in fact if it's a song I particularly like I prefer to chill and just enjoy that song vs getting a dance since I'm not good at multitasking (if I'm focused on the song I won't be as focused on the dancer/dance; and if I'm focused on the dancer/dance I'll likely tune-out the song).
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I like rap music, not exclusively, but I do like it.

I see it as an extension on the works of Charles Mingus and Ornette Coleman.

I like it not matter what hot bitches are playing it.

SJG

2 Live Crew
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYqSgWFg…
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    This isn't rap, but it is made by looping on a passage from a much liked song and recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOmnGzAK…

Technology has changed things. Today, only in some genres is it necessary that everything be hand played.

SJG
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    SJG's rap is about as current as his strip club knowledge! 2 live crew? Was that even considered rap?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    SJG = "MC FMOS"
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    MC FRMOS

Music which is really good should encourage that!

:) :) :)

SJG

WAKE UP EVERYBODY - Original Version (Teddy Pendergrass, Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TDfPgd3…

John Legend
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJgxJ6Jr…

I think Legend should be admired for pulling away from the Born Again Movement
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    This would be good for a strip club. I love their girls, especially the first one they show, in the one piece bathing suit.

This just makes me laugh too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fls8VU7X…

SJG

Santana ft. Michelle Branch - The Game Of Love Official Music Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z2eLsh6…
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    Here's a tip for you SJG - if you haven't been to a strip club in this century - you don't know what will work in a club...
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Cashman, I seriously suggest that you learn how to make posts which don't talk about me.

SJG
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Rap and EDM music is basically the pop music of the 2010s. In this decade, I don't think there's any correlation between race and liking rap music.

Whatever gets the chicks half naked and grinding on me is fine by me. Whatever music I wanna listen to, be it rap, EDM, J-Pop, nightcore, or video game music I'll listen to at home and in my car. If it were up to me, I'd have a girl grind me to Soap Lagoon.

If y'all are looking for a good transition between rock and rap I recommend Hollywood Undead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG4RVFuW…
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    If I had an IQ under 67 I would love rap.
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    This thread shows that majority of baby boomers and gen Xers (is that after baby boomers) will never seem to want to understand their millennial children, only criticize them.

I believe the most important thing to realize is, no matter what your playing, people with a lot of money will come in regardless as long as their eardrums don't bleed. Most of you folks here are old men, will die before most young people become 40. And all companies (including strip clubs) have to make sure they have new customers come in or else they lose business. Gen Z and millennials are the new customers companies must cater to, not old facts who are already loyal.

You'll either die or be too old to appreciate the products and/or girls. Sorry that no one is catering to your ego anymore.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion