tuscl

Grief!

Clubber
Florida
Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:46 AM
Since we've been approving reviews, I've gotten a lot of the above (grief) for my rejections. I reluctantly amended my review critique criteria. What I did is allow ANY review with at least ONLY EIGHT lines of text for others to approve or not. Since I did this, I've rejected a lot fewer, but many still don't GET IT. This flys badly with founders guideline of: "Your review should be at least 4 solid paragraphs, with 4-7 sentences each. a)One paragraph should describe the club vibe. Mention cleanliness, thug factor, music level, dj annoyance factor, lighting, etc. b)Another paragraph should describe the dancers and their vampiness. How many were there? What ethicities did you see? Did they seem happy to see you? c)A third paragraph should be about value. Don't say drinks, dances, cover charge, etc. were cheap or expensive. Tell us the actual costs! d)At least one paragraph should summarize with three or four sentences describing why you would or would not return to the club." 4x4 and 4x7 for you math illiterates equals between 16 and 28 sentences. That said, I am allowing ONE HALF of what founder considers a good review and still a number can't grasp that. If the review starts with a sentence that the club as closed down, that is an approved review in my book!

50 comments

• nicespice
    5 years ago
    Lmao clubber. I have a review in the queue right now and I hope it meets your approval.
  • NeverEnuf
    5 years ago
    This reminds me of grade/high school where homework essays were graded by the number of words rather than the quality. The teacher would hand out an assignment and some kid would shout out, "how many words/pages does it have to be?" And then the rest of the class would groan at the teacher's response. Btw nice, I approved what I believe was your aforementioned review in the queue.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Something we haven’t discussed in a while, next topic what are the best pants to wear for a LDK.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I dont see where it says at least 8 lines of text.?!?!? Show us that clubber
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    @Clubber should get himself a puppy -- to give his life meaning, a sense of purpose, and to cure the loneliness that's common among the elderly.
  • ww
    5 years ago
    If you want to appoint yourself as review police accept the grief as part of the job.
  • laplurker
    5 years ago
    What the hell does "vampiness" mean? I have no earthly idea.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    MackTruck said "I dont see where it says at least 8 lines of text.?!?!? Show us that clubber" The guidelines say: "Content and length are the two most important factors to [view link] wordy. Fill the review box. "One or two sentence reviews aren't helpful to anyone.Give a LOT of details in your review (club layout, atmosphere, dance quality, etc.). "Your review should be at least 4 solid paragraphs, with 4-7 sentences each." So, if you're fulfilling those guidelines, then a review will be more than eight lines of text. It has to be. So, there's that. But, even if you regard the guidelines as recommendations and not" laws", then it still balances out. Why? Clubber, minnow, and desertscrub are hardasses about reviews. Everyone knows it, but there's at least as many, if not more review judges who approve *everything*. Everyone has their own standard. It's fine. That's how crowdsourcing works. Clubber... you should probably stop complaining about the complaining. It's not a good look. Just do your thing.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ I still dont see where it says 8 lines If it has good relevant content it is good.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    If you're fulfilling the guidelines, then it has more than eight lines. "If it has good relevant content it is good." Show us your reviews with relevant content.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Charlie Brown has a lot of grief. His was good and yours is a PItA.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    [view link] ^^^ here are all my reviews with relevant content
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    ^^^ I love arguing with myself. Those are some of my best troll reviews ever
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    clubber... it depends on what kind of computer or device you're looking at because LENGTH of a line can vary widely... like on a home computer one line can have a lot of words and yet on a little iPhone one line doesn't have many words... example. your very first paragraph has THREE lines on my small ipad. and on my small iphone the same exact paragraph has NINE lines.
  • elmer
    5 years ago
    I only read reviews of clubs that interest me I'm not bothered if every little detail is not included. Funny how something positive in a review is automatically a " club ad" Not sure why some people take reviews so personally, life is too short
  • elmer
    5 years ago
    A “guideline” is just that a guideline. it's not a set-in stone rule, not a standard operating procedure but only a guideline. It reads “should” include not must include…
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Gezz, people, this is not that hard. I'm no Hemingway but, just: Say something about the venue - doesn't have much, just enough to believe you were there. Say something about prices - doesn't have to be much, just standard lap dance price, cover charge, beer cost. Say something about the overall talent - doesn't have to be much, just something. Say something about your experience, just enough to believe you were there. That's it, it's approved. (I think he meant 8 'sentences' of text, say 2 each on above topics.) Done. Click.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @gSteph, from Hemingway “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men, the nobility is in being superior to your former self”
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    MisterWonderful said "clubber... it depends on what kind of computer or device you're looking at because LENGTH of a line can vary widely... like on a home computer one line can have a lot of words and yet on a little iPhone one line doesn't have many words... example. your very first paragraph has THREE lines on my small ipad. and on my small iphone the same exact paragraph has NINE lines." Thank you sir. That was my point 😀
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    As far as I'm concerned a review should be about the club, not about the reviewer - too many reviewers make the review about themselves and not the club - if I read a review I should at a minimum be informed what the prices are, what the mileage is, and a solid description of the dancers - the reviewer only telling me what an assume time he had with Bambi is not enough for me to determine if it's a club I'd wanna visit - and saying it's been covered in other reviews is not a good reason to write incomplete reviews. It's obvious most people don't read the guidelines since it seems many don't even know what they say - most reviews that mostly steer away from the guidelines are usually lacking in proper info - there'd be better reviews overall if most reviewers paid attention to the guidelines and follwed them - too many reviewers are just too lazy, or don't write reviews with the reader in mind and write reviews like if it was a personal journal entry leaving those unfamiliar with the club in the dark - IMO a review should be written from the POV of someone unfamiliar with the club instead of being lazy and assuming everyone knows the club info bc he does.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    @Clubber: Illegitimi non carborundum Fuck the haters. Evaluate the reviews the way you think they should be evaluated.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^ or like Randumbmember states, get a life so you won’t have to live it through your critiques. Some people point out what’s wrong with things like they’re going to get an award.
  • joeblow44
    5 years ago
    No one can ever accuse Papi about being lazy when it comes to reviews : )
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ there are TUSCLers that wish I was a little lazier 😊
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    My reply. I DID NOT CREATE THE GUIDELINES!!! Of course I know device can determine line count. I go full screen on the monitor, copy and past the review to a blank review and ELIMINATE all the "new lines' an extra space. That gives an accurate line count. Even 8 lines is not acceptable according to the guidelines. In ANY CASE, I as a member of TUSCL, will continue to reject and approve as I see fit. If another member doesn't like it, YOU take the time to reject or approve! I alone can not reject a review! So suck it it up buttercups!
  • nofuglies
    5 years ago
    why on earth did you even start this thread? that desperate to be relevant? seems like you're the one who needs to "suck it up" since you're the one doing the complaining... buttercup!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    no, Best learn how to read. I was stating facts, not complaining. And you can read my reply above!
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    Is it really that serious?
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    Is this guy's offline life so boring to the point to where he's Captain of the Review Police to fill a lacking void of desired validation? Get a life.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    waf, You see, when one works for a living and plans retirement, one can have LOTS of free time. I decide when and what I do with it. Your advice means diddly squat to me!
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Must have no family to attend to if spending time knit picking about reviews
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    ^^^ rite
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^ not rong!
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Dont worry waffle. Clubber has a legit excuse. I dumped a full load in his head a couple years back
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    It is all my fault😥
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    I got a load I need to dump instead of in my pants.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    I own an apology. Misterwonderful mentioned above "...it depends on what kind of computer or device you're looking at...". I replied that I knew that and had my way of checking. Turns out my way WAS flawed. So I apologise for my inaccuracy. Now a fews bad news. My way over INFLATED the lines of text. I have corrected my error and therefore reviews I might have left for others to approve, well now I'll reject them! Best not to kick a sleeping dog!
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Good luck finding the one review I rite every 2-3 months! I will dump a load of shit on your porch if you reject my reviews.
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Clubber is that you ? Good grief lmfao
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I am putting clubber on ignored
  • founder
    5 years ago
    they're just guidelines.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    All is well. I support everyone's ability to call them as they see them. Perhaps an imperfect solution, but that's how crowdsourcing works.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Meat, Just how does one use the prescribed or customary form for conducting a religious or other solemn ceremony with respect to a review?
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    founder, I understand they are guidelines, but if they are not used, then what is the purpose of guidelines? When you mention our reviews should be at least 4 solid paragraphs, with 4-7 sentences each and less than 8 lines of text are used, that is way off. If you so direct, I will since this is your site, forget about your guidelines. Just say the word.
  • dancewdcpa
    5 years ago
    He just did...
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Lol!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Another "hint" right in the review text box: "Be wordy! Use Paragraphs! Try to convince other mongers why they should or should not visit." Just sayin'!
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Is that club for beating a dead horse?
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Sometimes I think about reading all the "comments" that are here by my ignored members. But then why would I since they have proven to be not worthy of my time!
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    Just posted a guideline specific review of Tootsie's tailored to your exacting standards. I even counted the sentences for you. I anticipate 5 upvotes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion