tuscl

Our True Purpose in Life

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
Have you ever asked yourself questions like “Why am I here?” and “What is my purpose in life?” If you are like most people who become preoccupied with such questions you may have found it difficult to come up with a satisfying answer.

Like just about everyone else, I had trouble finding satisfying answers ... until I took a deep breath and contemplated the obvious. It turned out the answer was hiding in plain sight all along!

“Why am I here?”

I am here because my parents were a couple of horny fuckers! I am sure my parents were each on this Earth because their parents were horny fuckers too! The same was undoubtedly true for my grandparents, my great-grandparents and so on all the back to my pre-human ancestors and beyond.

That, it seems to me, answers the question of WHY I am here.

“What is my purpose in life?”

But many people, including me, would like to know not only WHY they are here (in the sense of HOW they came to be here), but also want to understand “FOR WHAT PURPOSE?”

The answer to this question also seems self-evident. What is the one thing that all living things do?

They forge the next link in the chain of life. That is the defining characteristic of “life.”

People do it. Dogs and cats do it. Wildebeest and walruses do it. Fish do it. Mosquitoes do it. Even tardigrades do it.

It’s all about sex.

But just “fucking” may not strike some people as a sufficiently lofty purpose for their lives.

So what? Who says our natural purpose has to be something that makes us feel good about ourselves? Nature is unconcerned with our egos. Nature only demands that we fulfill our duty to forge the next link in the chain. Nature ensures our devotion to this duty by making fucking such glorious fun that most of us will do our damndest, even risking our lives to fulfill our purpose in life.

Even people who believe in an afterlife will risk eternal damnation for a few minutes good, old-fashioned. sweaty fucking!

What was God’s very first command?

“Be fruitful and multiply!” (Genesis 1:28)

Translation: “Get out there and start fucking!”

Fucking is really what life is all about.

If you write a symphony or two along the way, find a cure for stupidity, develop a mobile phone app that destroys the taxi cab industry or employ gene editing to create a self-peeling artichoke, that’s just the icing on the cake. Your true purpose was only to forge the next link in the chain.

Nothing more.

When it’s all said and done, each of us is just a way for a DNA molecule to make more DNA molecules!

https://www.tuscl.net/photo.php?id=2397

17 comments

• Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Hmmm. Kind of makes sense.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i just knew there was a good reason...
  • 48-Cowboy
    5 years ago
    TLDR My purpose in life is to eat beans and gas everyone
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.

You must not hate those who do wrong or harmful things; but with compassion, you must do what you can to stop them — for they are harming themselves, as well as those who suffer from their actions.

I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction.

Yet true happiness comes from a sense of inner peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved through the cultivation of altruism, of love and compassion and elimination of ignorance, selfishness and greed.

I believe each human being has the potential to change, to transform one’s own attitude, no matter how difficult the situation.

Share your knowledge, like a lamp, dispelling the darkness of ignorance.”
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    CJKent,

I beg to differ.

You and I are both here because our ancestors helped themselves to the land, resources and women of competitors.

I will be the first to admit it’s not a pretty story and the continued pursuit of such unremitting selfishness may be our doom.

But it’s the truth.

Don’t believe me? Try preaching about love, sharing and ethics to a man whose family is starving.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago

“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.

Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.

I will not propose to you that my way is best.

The decision is up to you.

If you find some point which may be suitable to you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself.

If you find that it is of no use, then you can discard it.”
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    CJKent,

You misapprehension the point of my post.

Read it carefully. I never suggested that forging the next link in the chain of life SHOULD BE our only concern. My post only states that, at least from the standpoint of nature, it IS our only purpose.

The natural order is as mindless as it is relentless.

I’m sure you’ve heard it said that the first step in solving a problem is the recognition that you have a problem.

I think we need to do a better job of understanding what we are and why we are the way we are. Maybe then we can figure out how to better manage ourselves.

Simply telling people how they SHOULD be strikes me as being no more promising a strategy than trying to train people to be midgets in order to conserve scarce resources.

But go ahead if that pleases you.

Knock yourself out.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I was put on this earth to go on vacation and fuck around. That is true happiness as stated by an honest person; not a reprehensible hypocrite. How do you spell hypocrite? L i b e r a l. Desires tonight. Plan on enjoying every moment of it. Betting Belmont on line.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    “Old men (like myself) are fond of giving good advice to console themselves for their inability to give bad examples.”

- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Wise men don't need advice.

Fools won't take it.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Quoting others is for the uneducated with nothing to say.
  • rickthelion
    5 years ago
    My purpose in life? Well, I’m a rick, so I have many purposes. Wearing badass suits. Convincing whores to let me pay them for sex. Killing zebras. Drinking and driving. In fact, I’ve started reprogramming my Tesla’s autopilot to weave in a manner similar to the way I drive after a few gimlets.

Basically, the things that make life worth living. But done rickishly!

Of course, the most importing thing for me is going wildebeest on those who disrespect the ricks (you’re on our list skibum, but it’s going to be a rick trainee like the puppy that takes you down...you’re irritating like a lil bug and not really worth the wildebeest treatment from a full council member).

Finally, there is letting loose with my delightful ROAR!!!
  • rickthelion
    5 years ago
    By the way horny reverend, just for a little extra clarity, not every creature engages in the hanky panky.

If you are ever lucky enough to meet rickthebdelloidrotifer you can have a conversation about this. Just suck up a little pond water and look at it through a microscope. rick is the rotifer wearing a classy suit. Of course, I’ve tried to explain to him that the goal of recreational sex isn’t genetic exchange. But do rotifers really listen to reason? Even the smartest and classiest rotifer is kind of hard to talk to...

ROAR!!!
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    So where does LGBQT fit into this?
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Its the kind of a thing one needs to look at on a daily basis, through some sort of a meditation and prayer practice.

Ricks act and then think later. So yes, they are influenced by Rick Dugan. They believe that they are Dugan.

And due to psychological and medical torture, Dugan believes that he is a Rick. He is not, he is a hairless ape. He is the Last Man.

This is the best information to date as to who and what the Ricks are:
    https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…

SJG

The Rolling Stones Live In Paris Full Concert 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It51VomT…

Sexiest Ladies of Jazz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRf0QlAn…
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    >> where does LGBTQ fit into this?

Same place, the urge is there...

Just like a straight couple using a condom - the urge must be followed, even if intellectually it is known that this shot (pleasure) won't make new DNA
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    People are not motivated to fuck so they can have babies.

People act on urges.

Our procreative urges are deeply ingrained in our biology. Urges are not the product of reasoned thought or based on a desire to achieve anything other than the satisfaction of the urge.

We use contraceptives in order to avoid the natural and predictable consequences associated with the satisfaction of our urge to get sloppy.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Renouncing procreation has always been part of conscious living, starting with religious celibacy, as in the Nazarenes.

There have been methods of contraception and abortion as long as we have had settled living, like with the development of agriculture, 10,000 years ago, Babylon, Sumeria.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion