tuscl

Poll: Do you turn the music down when driving through the hood

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:38 PM
I recently found my self in Chicago’s rough and tumble south side. I knew shit was real despite that I had some urban music blasting,(to be specific it was “Seal-Kiss from a Rose”) windows rolled down. I come up to a stop sign and I gotta admit I turned that shit down from about 11 to about 9. I didn’t want to turn it all the way down to seem like a pussy but I also didn’t feel like getting my tires popped by some of these hoodrats running around either. It was the toughest choice I had to make until a toothless stripper offered me half on VIP that night. What say you guys? Yes or No?

12 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    No.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Probably best to not attract attention to oneself when driving thru the hood whether it'd be loud-music or anything else - and probably not a good idea to be driving around w/ your windows down - all it takes is one whino to ruin your day
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Lol! Seal's Kiss from a rose is that real shit! Should have turned it up! Once they heard that music blasting through your system them niggas would've been too scared to even look in your direction. By the way, the way your story started off I thought for sure it was gonna resemble this scene: [view link]
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    Kiss from a rose? Really? That's urban? Sorry, but that's never going to be mistaken as gangsta in the hood. You have to trolling because that could not be a serious question with that song. To answer the question, no. But im also not blasting my music as I don't want to draw unwanted attention.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    No. It drowns out the sound of gunshots and that makes me less tense...
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    Kiss from a Rose is urban? Instead of Seal, you should have Mandy by Barry Manilow on blast. You wouldn't want to be accused of cultural appropriation.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I don't knowingly drive into the hood, roll down my windows or lower the volume unless I have a passenger.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I turn the music up and drove 20 mph and mKe people honk and drive around me
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Make sure you roll the windows down and dont look around. Act like you own the mother fucking place
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    When I drive through the Hood, the residents lower the volume on their stereos, and lock their doors
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    😄
  • rickthecoconutcrab
    5 years ago
    If any apes have trouble with the music I’m playing I say “hey bonehead ape, want to keep your nuts? You’ll get ‘em crushed if you don’t shut it!” Then they leave me alone because they know I’m a badass crab! Scuttle! Scuttle! Scuttle!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion