OT: Belts/Gunbelts

doctorevil
Evil Lair
I just ordered a new Galco gun belt to replace one I have been wearing for about 5 years. It looks like a regular 1-1/4” dress belt, but is has a stiffener inside that allows you to attach a holster to it without the belt sagging or drooping. I don’t carry often, but when I do, I use an inside the pants J-hook holster that allow you to tuck your shirt in over the holster. With a sport jacket, or even just a loose fitting shirt, it’s almost completely undetectable. The only drawback is you have to pull up your shirt to draw. Anyway, if you typically wear business attire and want to carry concealed, this belt is ideal. It also ideal for just a nice dress belt. I have one in tan and one in black. They go with anything. Just thought I would share.

27 comments

• JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    Hopefully it doesn’t clash with your adult diaper and Gucci handbag.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I wear a similar belt when I carry. The importance of not sagging is paramount for me. My favorite holster for all my professional attire is the Smart Cary because although it is considered deep carry, I can draw my weapon in less than 2 seconds without the need to raise the shirt. I also use the Smart Carry for my weapon when wearing swim trunks or sweat pants. I carry everywhere except SCs. I have weapons that I carry when I know they are going to get wet as well. I never go without.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Inside the pants? Hope it doesn't go off and leave you half-cocked! 😱😉
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    For years I used a Clipdraw. Attaches to the weapon with out affecting the weapon and clips to the belt. I've had two break after years of use and I get free replacements as it has a lifetime guarantee. Cost was less than $20.

Check it out: https://www.clipdraw.com/
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Thanks, doctor. I had not heard of this belt but I'm now thinking of getting one. I found it on Amazon.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    If you have your gunbelt under your pants, then you aren't very fast on your quickdraw showdowns.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Generally on an ankle holster or a pocket carrier never on a belt I’ve never liked wearing it on a waist carrying positions
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Which one did you get?

I have their jackass rig. I like a more horizontal carry and that one lets me easily do it.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    Western Gun Belt and Double Holster, with trench coat, easy to move out of the way.

“I bet you could almost get that fancy gun outta that fancy holster before some fast gentleman with an old-fashioned six gun blew a hole in ya.” Jacob McCandles, played by John Wayne, from the movie Big Jake, 1971

• Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @clubber. I used a clickdraw a few times. Definitely a minimalist holster and easy to carry with. The only thing I don’t like about it is that you are fiddling with the wrong end of the barrel when setting it up after chambering a round. Other than that, easy to use and very concealable.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @25. I also carry via pocket carry many days. I find that if I am in a questionable area, I simply put my hand in my pocket and get a grip on my gun ready to draw. In that scenario, the draw is much quicker because I already have the gun gripped. Nobody thinks much of it because it just looks like my hand is reaching for keys.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Clickdraw = clipdraw.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Niden,

Doesn't seem we are talking about the same product. It isn't close to being a holster, nor do you grab anything that resembles the "wrong end of the barrel" unless you use it incorrectly. I have a round chambered, grasp the the weapon and pull it off my belt as I flip off the safety and ready to go. Worst that could happen, I shoot myself in the leg. Already been shot there, so no biggie. :)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Nidan the key to pocket carrying is choosing the correct handgun I favor the S&W bodyguard.380 I used to carry the Colt officers model .380 but the Smith is way lighter even though both guns are the same size Colt is all steel Smith is mostly ballistic materials the weight reduction is tremendous.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago

I prefer more "punch".
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Club
    That’s why I go to the range every two-three weeks, I hit what I’m aiming for and the .380 is substantial it’ll stop anyone hitting center mass, and I don’t have to worry about collateral or unintended damages.
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    Main thing I'd worry about with a .380 is someone wearing a lot of thick clothes, although in FL that's not too common.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Non ballistic clothing isn’t going to stop a bullet from a .380 that’s just a myth, anyone hit center mass is going to be on the floor regardless
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    San Francisco Declares the N.R.A. a ‘Domestic Terrorist Organization’
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/us/sa…

Some long needed common sense!

SJG

ROD STEWART - Maggie Get Back Home (2019)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsYenrhb…
  • Clubber
    5 years ago

Maybe so, but I'll take the word of someone that knows more than me, at least when I started.

Hell, when I was shot with a .22, I thought I was going to die. But that was a young kid thinking back then.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @clubber. You are correct. I thought the holster you were talking about was an off brand VERSACARRY holster that requires you to insert a peg into the barrel to attach to the gun. I have also used the clip holster on my Glock, but I did not feel comfortable without the trigger being shielded; just my personal discomfort. It is definitely a minimalist holster.

@25. Agree. I carry my ruger SP101 in my pocket. I wear slacks that are pleated for this reason. I holster it and carry nothing else in that pocket.

@SJG the NRA has probably done as much damage to the true intent of the Second Amendment than they have helped. LaPiere and McQeen are greedy money grubbing fucks who love a good crises so that they can extract more money from “NRA Supporters”. Although, I am a lifetime member, I do not support them anymore because they DO NOT FIGHT issues in court and they compromise on issues regarding the Second Amendment. Gun Owners of America is FAR MORE ACTIVE in the fight to preserve the Second Amendment. GOA is a no compromise group that I fully support. The Liberal left is so misinformed that they think the NRA is actually something that True Second Amendment supporters trust. The NRA is not the best group out there for fully supporting the Second Amendment.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Nidan,

I agree it is a little discomforting to have the trigger unshielded. That said, I take that risk to allow quicker access to my weapon should the need arise. Practice with an unloaded weapon. I do that fairly regularly. And of course, safety on.

As for the nra, it was a few years ago they endorsed for the US Senate, harry reid, I believe it was. When I questioned them, their response was he supports us. My response to them, well, if he has his way, there will be no USA to house the nra. I cancelled my membership.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Nidan,

I checked them out and joined GOA. Thanks for the heads up!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    What the NRA puts out is the core identity message of the Republican Party, and it is completely nuts!!

SJG
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    SanFrancisco is a pretty city filled with the worst fucking demented douche bag fascists on earth. Love to see an earthquake slide it off into the ocean.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Skibum609, readied to be dropped into an active volcano.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Clip Draw
    https://www.clipdraw.com/

Galco
    https://www.galcogunleather.com/1-1-2-be…

Thicker, stronger belts, better for carrying a gun. But I guess our OP also likes to wear them even when he is not carrying a gun.

Just carrying a gun around, when it is not a state of war, when you are not a cop, pretty damn stupid.

If I were to carry a gun, it would be because I was proximal intending to kill someone. Otherwise no reason. More likely than not to get the carrier into serious trouble, if not shot dead.

People keep guns around for defense, most of the time they get used to kill family members, or neighbors.

If I were to deal with the problem, a lot of these gun carriers would get shot dead preemptively.

The Republican Party has made the message of the NRA and its own message one and the same. Both based on the same idiotic world view.

SJG

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion