tuscl

They won't let me dance on stage

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Wednesday, July 24, 2019 6:40 PM
Have you ever heard a dancer say this? Apparently, at least in some black clubs AFAIK, inexperienced dancers, or I assume dancers that can't dance well on stage (pole tricks, etc) are not allowed on stage. A couple of years ago a dancer at King Of Diamonds Miami, who I though was attractive, told me she was not allowed to dance on stage bc she wasn't good enough yet - and recently I read the same thing in a review of another black club. I assume this is something at certain black clubs where the stage performances are a big deal - anyone heard of this at a club you've been?

19 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    If you read my review of Shadow last week the girl that I met there did very little stage dancing she said she felt very self conscious on stage, but she was great in the dance partitions
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I've heard of many dancers that don't want, or like, to go on stsge, but rarely a situation where it is the club/management that doesn't allow them to go on stsge.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Yeah I mostly hear the opposite. I know a bunch of dancers that would think they hit Jackpot if a club told them that.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    They told me that once
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    A club manager told that to " Mack Truck " ????
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    They told me I couldn't dance on stage. Can you believe that crap?
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I got there to fix the crazyjoe shitter damage and the dancers asked me to try out. That dam manager did not agree
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    I've run into a few discriminating clubs over the years where they wouldn't let overweight dancers or dancers that had just got back from childbirth on the stage. However, they would let them work on the floor. I guess the club knew it would be a waste of time because guys would flee from the tip rail. I imagine the the only reasons they still let them work at all is because they could profit from the house fees/tipouts and it would be motivation for the dancer to get back into better shape.
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    Never heard this before. And I hang In a lot of the same type places as you.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    The Blue Diamond club has a stage but seems to not want the girls to dance. I’ve heard a couple really complaining about it.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Only once. The girl had been told she needed to lose 20 pounds before they'd allow her on stage.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    That's not a thing around here.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    The problem around here is that clubs will hire "anything" that wants to dance and allow them on the stage. I haven't been there in what seems like ages and granted they don't feature stage dances but I've read that a club in Akron even allowed a cross dressing tranny to work there.
  • SergeD
    5 years ago
    I recently had this exact experience. Were you referring to my review?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ yes
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    Never run into a club that wouldn't let specific dancers get on stage. Like prevert mentioned Blue Diamond in Louisville tends to discourage stage dancing and is turning into more of a hostess bar type of club and some of the others in Louisville have gotten mostly away from a set stage rotation at least on slower shifts. Other than that, it seems much more common for the clubs to force every girl to participate in the rotation even if they don't want to go on stage. A few clubs let girls buy their way out of the rotation or let them skip a turn if they are giving a private dance. I even had one girl offer to pay for a private 2 for 1 to avoid her turn on stage because she hated it so much.
  • txgolfer
    5 years ago
    Haven't heard a stripper say that... But a couple of times when I had a few tequila shots I have said that.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Back in the day at Mons venus, when a new dancer was hired she was weighed. They had to weigh in when they arrived and if they were 5 or more pounds over their start date weight, they had to leave.
  • rl27
    5 years ago
    As others said, a lot of dancers I know actually would love it if they didn't have to dance on stage. I recall a few times where a dancer was told not to dance on stage. One time I recall was a dancer who had few close calls on stage when she was drunk, so if she drank she didn't dance on stage. They let her give lap dances but not dance on stage. I do recall one so called upscale club in Cleveland, I think it was Christies, in the early 90's would only allow the top earning dancers to dance on the main stage, while the side stages any dancer could dance on.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion