New Jersey
Ever check out these websites? Its crazy

12 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Scam factories.
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    No. I refuse to believe any of this shit is legit. I imagine the pictures don’t match reality, that they’re trafficked women, sex slaves and the like, or looking for legal entry into the country and prepared for a quick divorce and financial gains.
    I will admit the thought of a older, lonely guy like myself having a young, beautiful bride from Thailand, The Philippines, Russia or Eastern Europe sounds enticing.
    But like the old saying, “If it sounds too good to be true ... “
    For all my issues, at least I’m not naive.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    If you want to see what pathetic really is watch this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbc21Hw-Vs…

Yeah some of the Eastern European girls are hot but they sound like Chewbacca. Can’t get past that.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    My stepmom was a mail order bride from the Philippines. He picked her out of a catalog.

It was not a scam in the general sense. She is from a run down area of Manila, grew up dirt poor in some hut of a house with her parents, grandparents, lots of siblings, and extended relatives. My dad has visited her family in the Philippines twice since he purchased her about 20 years ago. He would've gone a lot more, but he doesn't make much money.

He was a scam in the sense that my dad was not given a heads up that they were sending over an evil woman possessed by a demon. That is what she was. She also seemed to hate America (despite being able to legally immigrate here only by marrying my dad) during the demonic phase, which lasted around 10 years or so. She was awful.

She's alright now. Still not the best person, but the demonic presence is gone. I think.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Edited:

Shitty idea factories.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    A rich, American man had bad luck with women and finally decided to find a mail order bride from Russia. She arrived a few weeks after his order was made, and they got married and lived happily in a rich Connecticut suburb.

Though the poor lady was not very proficient in English, she did manage to communicate with her husband with gestures mostly. The real problem arose whenever she had to go grocery shopping.

One day, she went to the butcher and wanted to buy chicken legs. She didn’t know how to put forward her request. So in desperation, she clucked like a chicken and lifted up her skirt to show her thighs. The butcher got the message, and gave her the chicken legs.

The next day, she needed to get chicken breasts. Again, she didn’t know how to tell the butcher. So she clucked like a chicken and unbuttoned her blouse to show the butcher her breasts. The butcher understood again, and gave her some chicken breasts.

The third day, the poor lady needed to buy sausages. Unable to find a way to communicate this, she brought her husband to the store . . .

. . . now get your head out of the gutter. Her husband speaks English.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Good one Jack I hadn’t heard that before 😂
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    I worked with someone that got a bride MO. She wasnt hot and age appropriate. He wasnt ashamed of it, courted her for a few years, and they got along well.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It's a crapshoot at best - even when one is in-love it's hard to make a relationship work - this mail-order stuff is a combo of one person being desperate (bride) and a guy that can't find a bride in a country of almost 350-million people - hard to make that combo work although in some cases it can.

Also - many of these women come from very tough backgrounds and often have emotional/psychological issues making it even tougher.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Save the box so you can return her if you aren’t 100% satisfied
    Amazon prime brides come with free shipping ;)
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    This mail order info is dated and I don't know how it's done now, but I knew a guy who got a mail order bride 15+ years ago and here's how it went down:

Him: Late 30s or early 40s, decent looking and a little overweight, not obese. He was given 100 profiles including photos. All girls Eastern Europe and Russia.

He narrowed it down to 20 and then 10. Not sure what that narrowing process entailed.

He then emailed back and forth with those 10 and narrowed it down to 3. I saw photos of the 3, they were all good looking, 7.5 to 9.

Took a 12 day trip to the Eastern bloc. Spent 3 days with each girl, had sex with all 3.

Narrowed it down to 1, brought her to USA on a fiance visa and married her. She was 25 and super hot (the 9 out of the group of 3). Don't know if she's cheated on him or not and haven't talked to him since year 2 of their marriage. They're still married, at least according to his FB page, and have a kid. She's gained weight but still good looking.

He might have done better in USA in terms of a personality fit, but zero chance of doing better on a hotness scale.

• JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    @DeclinedtoState
    Interesting story, good for your friend if they’re still married after 15 years. If you’re happy, it doesn’t matter how or where you find your soulmate as far as I’m concerned (as long as she wasn’t an axe murderer).
    While I still probably would never consider it, given my general distrust of people,
    anybody who would mock or scoff at this process must have a blissful, long-lasting marriage, of which there seems to be very few these days given the divorce rate and comments I hear from some of my married acquaintances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion