tuscl

Drinking or sober when you club?

AtAboy
Still learning to proofread
Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:27 PM
I always drink when I go to SC. I find it helps loosen me up and relax. I’m far more friendly and social with this girls. However unrelated to clubbing (and partly related to my expanding waist) I’d like to cut back on drinking. Including going to the SC and staying sober or barely buzzed. Which I’ve yet to do. I learned early on with clubbing getting shit faced is a no no. But I do like a nice heavy buzz. Same as I would if I went to a night club. Wondering if staying sober next time will change my experience. What’s your alcohol status when you club and why?

23 comments

• Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I do both. Depends on my distance to hotel.
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    Depends where I am. If I am in an area for business where I am Ubering everywhere from my hotel I will have some drinks at the club. If I am in an area where I have my car and I am driving I don't drink at the club. The last thing I need is a DUI while out of town for business.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Never been a big-drinker but "I find it helps loosen me up and relax" def applies to me (as well as to most people I assume but I'm def usually more easy-going if I have a buzz). But sometimes I may over do it and it has a counter-effect of me really not enjoying the dances per being kinda a bit out of it. I usually order a mixed-drink like a Long Island since it's a strong drink that will give me the buzz I would like - but seems getting a quality drink at many clubs I visit is often a crapshoot - they often feel either watered-down or not prepared well to where I fill I'm throwing $$$ away by paying for expensive drinks and not getting the buzz I expect - maybe I need to order something else that can't be screwed-up or screwed-with that will more consistently give me good buzz.
  • chowder
    5 years ago
    I like to have a bourbon just to take the edge off and then nurse a beer. But I don't drink heavily or get drunk. Nothing good comes of that. Plus if I don't at least have a beer to nurse dancers think I am a cop.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I've been alcohol free for 10 years. The older you get, like me, the more alcohol has a detrimental effect on erections.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I drink in the clubs, mostly beer. It makes me more hilarious and the girls better looking.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I’m always sober. It doesn’t matter whether I’m clubbing or not. I make a point of NEVER getting drunk. There is already more than enough stupidity available in the world. Besides, it seems to me I’m already stupid enough when I’m sober. Why would I want to go out of my way to be stupider?
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I am strictly a social drinker. I love a good wine, I will have an occasional beer. But I never have more than one or two AND I only do that every once in a while. When clubbing, I actually drink very little. The alcohol numbs the senses. So why lessen the feeling of being touched by a young beautiful girl? Also, I don't like the feeling of being out of control like you are when you are drunk.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I Like a low buzz, not a fan of out of control, always drink plenty of water in the course of an afternoon or evening out, never drive buzzed
  • AtAboy
    5 years ago
    Thank all. I definitely don’t drive even buzzed. Uber is great. I think I’m suppose to get mad at being told I have no game if I can’t talk to the girls, but the truth is, I don’t. I mean I can still chat with them, but a few drinks really helps me be much more personable and likable. I have been a little too drunk once or twice, during LD, not fun. Couldn’t really enjoy the sensation as Warrior said. But habitually when I go, I have to hang for a while and get a good buzz before I’m ready to approach the stage, get LD, VIP. It is true, I’ve got no game. And a couple of drinks makes it easier for me to forget that and buy into the fantasy that sexy women think I’m fun and good looking. However, for a couple reasons not all listed, I’d like to cut back to a beer or two, barely a buzz for me. I was curious what everyone else does, henceforth this thread.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I don’t really need to drink to chat up the ladies I do that in plenty of places in social settings where alcohol isn’t available, I find that woman are less inhibited when they’re relaxed just like men, and being relaxed is more about you than liquor.
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    I haven't drank in years. I used to, but then I had some health issues and decided it wasn't worth it. Getting pulled over by a cop and then proving I hadn't drank anything seemed to vindicate that decision. Nowadays, the club I visit the most doesn't even serve alcohol, although in practice, many of their customers will go to the bar next door.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Obviously enough, I've posted my MO ad nauseum: drinking WITH THE GIRLS in the club is one of the experiences I want out of clubbing. So, basically, 95% of the time, what I do is: I walk into the club, grab myself a non-alcoholic drink, sit at a table or the bar. If I meet a stripper I like, or I had an appointment with my CF and she is there, I start ordering alcoholic drinks for both of us and we get buzzed. If I just keep meeting random strippers at my table and I don't click with any, I never make the transition to alcohol and I leave sober. There's no thrill for me in drinking alone at the SC, so it's either that the trip was a no-joy and I leave stone cold sober, or met a great stripper and I'm buzzed. That's if I'm SCing alone. I often SC with my buddies and in that case, we always have some drinks together regardless
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    AtAboy: I usually, but not always, drink also, and am thinking about stopping for the same reason as you. Of course alcohol makes you feel more personable, but having experience hanging out at clubs both buzzed and stone cold sober, I don’t think it makes a difference. A strip club is not a place where you need to have “game,” whatever that means. It’s the dancer’s job to have game and show you a nice time since you are paying her to do so. With that said, I agree with Subraman that it can be great fun hanging out and drinking with the right girl or girls. But is that necessary to have a good time? In my opinion, know.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    No, not know.
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    I always drink at the clubs. Nearly always consume plenty over the course of an outing. I have more fun as a result of lower inhibitions. The challenge is rebounding swiftly the next day. Some of my tips to improve next day hangovers: two Advil before bed, plenty of water, Sprite the morning after.
  • trpterp
    5 years ago
    My two goto clubs don't serve any alcohol/liquor. One only sells sodas, H2O and Red Bull. The other sells nothing AFAIK. You can bring your own. I don't generally because I'm fearful of getting pulled over on the way home. Plus at club #1 my CF is a recovering addict/alcoholic so I try to be respectful of her situation. Coming out of club #2 recently I was pulled over for having a burned out taillight. Thankfully I hadn't been drinking that night. I was sent on my way with a verbal warning. The one time I tried to bring a beer into club #2 I was shot down at the door because I had a canned beer. I didn't realize you had to have your drink in an unmarked, plastic bottle. I almost always bring a bottle of water with me to club #2. One time a dancer told me that I was the first custie she had ever seen drinking a bottled water. I thought that was odd. But who knows?
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Sober. Always.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Sober. I am too loose with cash when I drink
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Always sober. I don't drink alcohol at all any more. SJG
  • George123789
    5 years ago
    As someone has already said, being drunk contributes to making stupid decisions. So I choose to stay sober but I do enjoy my Whiskey at home regularly. I have found that asking a bartender to start me with a water and then pounding it immediately as if you just walked in from a desert 🌵 set a precedent. Bartenders don’t want to deal with drunks and if drinking water so fast sort of tells them you are either a bozo or dehydrated and they will tend to gladly keep a person supplied with water for a simple $1 tip. Staying sober is also greatly appreciated by the dancers. I recently took one for a lap dance and realized she was really getting into grinding on me - just kept up with the vibe until she was finished. She had slapped a big lip lock on my si she could remove my tonsils - that was fun. She looked at me with a goofy look and said thanks! Obviously my response was a chillin my pleasure. I paid for the dances and later in the evening she came over, sat with me and asked me for a lap dance - I had to admit to her that I didn’t have sufficient funds ($30/dance). She laughed and informed me she was asking me! Turns out I did four lap dances with her and she paid me $20/total so I could pay the bouncer. She was fun and we will see one another again I hope. I was able to keep my wits around me because I was sober, didn’t say anything that messed it up and was able to act very gracious and uptown. Sober also helps greatly when you are picked off by a deputy as you head home and you know flat out how the breathalyzer will come out.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Both, depends on my mood
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Dancers do seem to like me when they see that I don't drink. Some have even asked about it. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion