tuscl

For you whiskey lovers this is a tragedy

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement

20 comments

• whodey
    5 years ago
    It was only fairly young barrels of Jim Beam that were not even close to being fully aged yet and was such a small percentage of their stock that it shouldn't effect supply.

And besides, it was only Jim Beam so it wasn't even good bourbon.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    ^Exactly. I haven't intentionally consumed Jim Beam since high school because it's not very good
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Thank goodness this was not Jack Daniel's.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    i knew i felt a strange sadness today, now I know what caused it.

Not a Beam drinker since college, but still a sad day.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Doesn't concern me as long as that doesn't happen in Lynchburg.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    I guess Jim Beam might have a more smokey flavor for a while. It’s not my choice of bourbon so it won’t matter to me though.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I got a bottle of Elmer T. Lee today for my birthday.... I'll give a report
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    What the hell am I going to drink now
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    black velvet...
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    You guys understand that Jim Beam is the distillery in addition to the label? The whiskey that burned also grows up to be Booker’s, Baker’s, Knob Creek, Basil Hayden’s and Old Grand Dad.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I can report that Elmer T. Lee is on par with Pappy Van Winkle.... very good bourbon
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    I am a Scotch man so not directly affected, but I hate to see any hit to Whisky.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Had Pappy once never tried Elmer T, bring a bottle with you and I’ll “ grill “ is a couple of ribeyes and after dinner I’ll get us a couple of Romeo y Juliette’s or Cohibas and we can watch the ballgame, then hit a club late. (Notice Grill in Quotes) ;))
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    That sounds like a nice evening
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    In my neck of the Ozark, we just drink the shit we brew out back.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Anyone drink The Knot?
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I have enjoyed that on occasion... I usually drink scotch, primarily single malts, but my friends are all caught up in this bourbon craze, thus my buddy gave me the bourbon for my birthday
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    ^ same here - single malt.

But losing whiskey. Any kind. Is indeed a tragedy.

I doubt news claim that the spill into Kentucky river will kill thousands of fish.
    Jolly fish yes. May give some 4th July drunk boater on Kentucky river, an out if caught by LE.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I am partial to a good single malt scotch, but good whiskey is still good whiskey, you can try macalan, which is pretty smooth but I like glenfiddich best, but at home keep JW Black & Blue they’re blended but good
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I generally drink balvenie portwood at home.... few bars carry it but I enjoy
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion