tuscl

Yuni Bare: An Epilogue

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
We arrived in Central Java today. Yuni and our East Java adventures are now all in the rear view mirror.

This afternoon my wife shared some surprising, some humorous, some awful and some very sad details about Yuni.

It all started with Yuni’s toe ring.

“What did you think of Yuni’s toe ring?” my wife suddenly asked me for no apparent reason. We hadn’t even been discussing Yuni.

“How do you think I would look if I wore a toe ring? Should I get a toe ring?”

“What? Yuni has a toe ring?” I replied.

I was not in touch with my feminine side at that particular moment and was in no mood to be dragged into a discussion about a fucking toe ring.

“You didn’t notice Yuni’s toe ring? It’s Yuni’s latest scandal! Lots of people in the village think it’s outrageous!”

“I never noticed her toe ring,” I said carelessly failing to appreciate that I might be stepping into a trap. At least I left off the wisecrack that I hadn’t even noticed whether Yuni had any toes at all.

“No, I guess you didn’t notice her toe ring.” my wife continued. “You probably never even got around to looking at Yuni’s feet, did you?”

My wife’s comment was made in a teasing rather than an accusatory tone.

It’s important to recognize these subtle but critical distinctions in a woman’s tone.

“Yeah, she’s an eyeful, that’s for sure!” I conceded as nonchalantly as I could.

“Yuni is a very beautiful and sexy woman, don’t you think so?”

My wife was clearly baiting me now so I threw in an oblique compliment just to make sure our conversation did not take any nasty or unpleasant turns.

“Yes, Yuni is a beautiful woman.” I said. “She looks a lot like you. In fact, the first time I met Yuni I thought she was your sister.”

Then my wife opened up about Yuni and her past, sharing details I had never heard or suspected.

First, there is a good reason why Yuni and my wife look like sisters. They are half sisters! Apparently, this is widely known in the village but rarely acknowledged in polite company. They were born to different mothers but had a father in common. Yuni and my wife have numerous half-brothers and half-sisters scattered around their village and in neighboring villages. Apparently their father was busy man, very popular with the local women.

My wife is 2 years older than Yuni. She says she taught Yuni to masturbate. When she and Yuni were aged 8 and 6 respectively, they were climbing a tree in front of my wife’s childhood home. Straddling a branch, my wife felt the pleasure of pressure on her clitoris. She encouraged Yuni to try it. Soon the two of them were straddling the branch humping merrily away. My wife’s mom looked out the window at them and asked what they were up to. My wife told her mom they were just pretending to ride horses.

Yuni was sexually abused by an uncle when she was 11 years old. Her abuser was later murdered (clubbed and set on fire in his sleep) by an unknown assailant. It is unclear what motivated his murder but it happened not long after he was caught abusing Yuni.

Yuni was almost run out of town a few years ago. She had been courted by a local man who is considered very well off by local standards. He proposed marriage but she rejected him. He had been very public in his courtship and was publicly humiliated by her rejection. To save face, he fabricated vicious stories about Yuni being a lesbian and an apostate. Some people believed the stories and wanted to force her out of the village. Eventually the scandal subsided and is now largely forgotten.

Yuni still remains a social outcast. She is uncommonly self confident, independent, often defiant of authority and assertive (some would even call her bull-headed). She doesn’t take shit from anyone. In her village, these traits are regarded as unfeminine. They are certainly not qualities appreciated in women. If all that isn’t enough, she wears a toe ring.

Yuni never participates in local religious rituals and ceremonies. She only wears jilbab on formal occasions (like weddings or funerals). This is a HUGE strike against her with most of the locals.

Yuni has used her family’s resources wisely. She is regarded as well off by the standards of the village. In addition to owning three small rice fields, she also owns two small stores, one in her village and another in a neighboring village. Her success is envied by others. That she has accomplished this much without the aid and guidance of a man makes her seem peculiar, even a bit “butch,” to the locals. That anyone could possibly consider Yuni “butch” strikes me as amazing since she is certainly among the most alluring beauties in her kecamatan (district).

Despite being young and gorgeous, at the ripe old age of 32 Yuni is now regarded by the villagers as a “perawan tua “ (old spinster).

Even ignoring what her uncle did to her during her childhood, Yuni is widely rumored to no longer be a virgin (gotta admit, this tidbit seems entirely plausible). As a result, no self-respecting local man will consider Yuni marriage material. Any man who shows interest in her is presumed to only be after her money.

Yuni was very upset on Saturday. Seeing what my wife has in her marriage and children and participating in our family mountainside hike and hot spring frolic on Friday threw into sharp focus everything that is missing in Yuni’s life. My wife says Yuni feels isolated and is desperately lonely. She worries that Yuni is falling into a deep emotional hole in her personal life.

Yuni attempted suicide twice in 2015.

18 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    Rev, how did your wife get out of this village in East Java, meet you and get married? That's a story I would like to hear. Could Yuni follow her example?
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Jackslash

My wife moved to the big city, worked as my live-in housekeeper and cook for about a year and a half before I woke up to what a marvelous woman she really is.

She is intelligent, brave, funny, trustworthy, tolerant and has the sexiest brown tush in the inner solar system.

She went from working knee deep in the mud of a rice paddy, to being a maid and a cook to being an international jet setter.

The most amazing thing about her is that she has not changed at all from the sincere, humble, caring woman I fell in love with.

She remains practical, level headed and not the least bit full of herself.

People sometimes say she hit the jackpot but I correct them and point out that I was the one who hit the jackpot.
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    If you could transplant Yuni to an American town she would be considered a real success and be sought after by many eligible men.
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    I truly feel bad for Yuni. Everything appears to be a unfortunate product of the culture. She definitely needs to get out of the village and at least go to a larger city. I'm not sure how conservative Java is or would it be better for her to come here. With your wife being her half sister I wonder if that could be used some way for her to get over?
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I think it would be food for her to move to a city where she could meet and mingle with more educated, tolerant men who could appreciate her and who would not feel threatened by her strong spirit.

But I really don’t know her well enough to understand why she remains in her home town.

I know her elderly mother lives with her. That could be part of the reason why she hasn’t left town.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    Brilliant epilogue! You truly deserved the title of Rev. reverendhornibastard!
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    I don't know how well communication would be with a small village like that but it might be a good idea for your wife to correspond with Yuni in some way. Maybe push her towards getting away from there? Depending on why she stays of course.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Funkycold88

Communications in and out of the village are pretty good now - much better than when I first visited about 15 years ago.

During this visit I had a cellphone signal most of the time. I uploaded photos, posts and comments to TUSCL from the village.

I think my wife keeps in touch with Yuni but I’m not sure to what extent.
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    OK I kind of figured that with you posting like you have been. With that being the case if you're inclined I would say to see if your wife would keep up Yuni and see if he can she can help her.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Pretty sad story. I’ve lived in Asia. It seems women not married by 25 are considered old maids there.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @doctorevil

True, but this is especially true in impoverished rural areas.
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    Most young Asian honeys like Yuni do not recognize their potential.

Yuni could get online and find a horny American PL to marry then bring her to the US. Once here, leave the dude for a rich guy or hop on the pole and make $200k a year. All this within a year.

It wouldn't be an easy journey but may better than a life of solitude in the village.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    In conclusion, Yuni's soapy wet body will haunt you forever.

Did you dodge a bullet or miss out on a once in a lifetime quickie? (She love you long time.)
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @SirLapdancealot

Yuni is definitely a memorable beauty, but I’ve been very fortunate to know a great many beautiful women in my years.

What will haunt me most about Yuni is the thought that such an intelligent, sweet, vivacious and charming woman should end up so lonely only because of the nature of the society and culture into which she was born and from which she will have great difficulty ever escaping.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @reverend Understood. I am Filipino by ethnicity and Yuni's plight is not uncommon with women there too. I've seen the same story with friends of family.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Very sad about Yuni. So many of these attitudes are based not on Islam but on tribal/cutural mores. If she could get out, she should, but in doing so she would be cutting all ties with the only community she's ever known. The fact that her mother depends on her is probably the only thing that keeps her going. God knows what will become of her when her mother passes.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    As a widower in his 70’s I get emails every day offering Russian women, Asian women, etc. they’re rip-offs for the most part but it is a temptation to investigate some of the “offers” from young beautiful women. I’ve heard stories of men “buying a wife” who ends up being 60 lbs. heavier than advertised and the sucker is out $10,000. And there’s usually a language problem and other issues of compatibility. You’ve spoken of all of the emotional baggage Yuni may be struggling with and yet you were unaware of during the time you met her.
    So I think I’ll spend my pennies on home grown psychos, working in strip clubs for
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    A wise move.

You wouldn’t buy a pair of shoes without trying them on first and seeing how good or bad they feel when you are am using them as intended.

You should be at least as picky when choosing a bed-mate.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion