tuscl

OT: PDAs

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:49 AM
Your thoughts on public displays of affection? a) no big deal? b) keep it to a more private setting? c) other?

26 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Made a quick run to Starbucks after lunch - was sitting at a table drinking my latte - there is a young couple hanging out in the table directly in front of me (2-ft in front of me) directly in my LOS. They are sitting next to each other and the girl *constantly* keeps on reaching over to hug him and kiss him on the lips - for w/e reason I find it annoying and distracting - usually it doesn't bother me especially if it's a quick thing - but this chick is *constantly* doing it. Probably me - but I think in public there should be a limit to your PDA so everyone does is not subject to that which again I find it distracting for w/e reason - I'm one to try and be cognizant as to how I act in public as to try and be cordial and as little a nuisance as possible and little shit that affect other people bother me like littering, etc.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I would say A aslong they invite me too! It doesn’t bother me that much I’ll go A either way
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    Doesn't bother me unless there's a big a difference. In which case it should definitely remain behind closed doors.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    It may be a bit of obnoxious, but I’ll go with A as well. I have a perfectly good cell phone to stare at and ignore them. :)
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    a) I don't have a problem with it.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    Hot lesbians under 35 - A Everyone else - B
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    A. I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I used to enjoy that kind of stuff in HS, let the kids enjoy themselves. A lot better than smoking the Loser Leaf.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    It can lead to embarrassing actions. [view link]
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    A: let love live. Not hurting me in any way, so (shrug)...no matter who's participating.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    No big deal. It's a free country, this is America
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I think it is fine, in public places, and in strip clubs too. :) :) :) SJG
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    A. The world needs more affection. It generally makes me feel better to witness genuine feelings. If overdone/fake it can be a bit annoying.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Not a problem, unless it's obvious that one member of the couple isn't so into it. Then I don't want to see it.
  • George123789
    5 years ago
    Whatever floats their boat
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I guess I stand-alone in my displeasure ("geniuses are often misunderstood"). I guess what made it a bit nauseating for me is that it was constant - I don't mind some quick PDA or girl and guy holding hands - but that constant hugging and kissing in a f'ing Starbucks for me personally was too-much. I don't like to do that in public myself - a little hug or stroke of the back yeah - but constant hugging and kissing is too-much for me in public - if they are in a nightclub or similar-venue then for me it's different.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    DFKing encourages other people to do the same. SJG
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    PDA is not a problem for me. I would have just got up and sat in the both next to them and stared. They want to put on a show, then they should have no problem with an audience. My biggest issue is why the fuck would anyone be in a STARBUCKS?!
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    I don't care about stuff like that. If they're in a happy relationship good for them. Hope it lasts.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    I have to agree that its not a big deal as long as its not overboard where it looks like they are making out like they should get a room. What you described seems relatively harmless, but that's me.
  • Cowboy12
    5 years ago
    PDA okay if kept to a minimum, I don't like to see it. Reminds me of what I am missing out on!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Friends don’t let friends go to Starbucks!
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    It doesn't bother me for the most part. It's one of the less disturbing things I see throughout the day. I don't like looking at some of the more extreme body art, and some of the grossly obese folks walking around can literally make me queasy. People go overboard with perfumes, or neglect basic hygiene and emit disturbing orders. The other day I saw a woman in the grocery store with her fucking dog. That said, aside from the dog issue I don't feel the need to regulate any of those things. Sure, it would be nice if people extended some common courtesy and did't do them, but we sure as shit don't need any sort of government rules about it. I'm not sure if that's what you were suggesting, I'm guessing not, but figured I'd throw it out there.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    Holding hands and cuddling and little kisses are one thing. Making out or grabbing ass or grinding are another. And if the hands start going under clothes. Yeah get a room.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    This definitely is up there with who shot JR, or Coke v Pepsi, as one of the burning issues of our times. ;))
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I love engaging in PDA, so I have no problem with it at all.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    If I were to say anything, it would be to encourage it. Public places, strip clubs, anywhere. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion