tuscl

Clubs Using a Scale to Weigh Dancers for Employment

rh48hr
Wakanda
Have you guys seen or heard about this at any clubs in your area? Had a dancer tell me she lost her job at another club because they told her she weighed too much as they weighed dancers on a scale in the club.

30 comments

• blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    I haven't heard of this in real life except a girl from Houston said when she lived there she tried to go to St. James and she was a few pounds too heavy (like less than 5 over). She was never a big or fat girl to be clear.

I think it is dumb. Some people just have more muscle or more bone density. I've seen girls that are like 95 lbs that I would have guessed 115 or 120... then sometimes you see a 150 you woulda sworn is 130 or less.. lol!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    That's stupid - it's how you carry it - not every custy id into stick-figures.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Do they have tables for height differences? I assume so bc they can't expect a 5'1 girl and a 5'10 girl to weigh the same.

But yeah I've heard of some of the more popular upscale clubs being strict about weight.
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    Well my St. James info is from like 10 years ago so idk what they do now. She said they did have height and weight tables. But like I said, i cant ever imagine this girl being fat... she has at this point had 2 or 3 kids idk and her body is tight.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I wish they did! Some clubs are hurting for dancers so bad that they will hire any one. Follies doesn't have that problem but they are weigh too lenient. There is one white chick that was fat already and now she is pregnant to boot.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Mons Venus in Tampa.    I don't think they use a scale.  But if girls get overweight, they are let go.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @ Papis clubs they use a truck scale 😂
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    ^ lol

They do let girls go for being overweight in my area. I have not heard of a scale being used. From what I have heard they will give the dancer some time to lose weight and if it does not happen their contract is not renewed
  • FTS
    5 years ago
    They should calculate every girl's BMI during interview/audition. Nobody should be working with a BMI over 23, and most girls should be have BMI under 19.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    But why a scale? It seems like clubs could just hire a pervert whose job is evaluating general attractiveness. Or maybe a council of perverts that vote on retention, to avoid any biases that reflect offers of sexual favors from borderline girls.

I mean really, a simple weight cut-off is non-brilliant. A little chubby with a pretty face = keep her on whereas the butterface should be let go for a more modest weight gain. Perhaps one day the next Einstein could derive the universal equation for “should be dancing”.

I’m just saying that I volunteer for the council of perverts! Is anybody else with me? ;)
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    Remember, young Einstein = major horndog.

Or maybe it will be the next Schrödinger that derives the right equation. That dude took his wife and girlfriend to the Nobel ceremony when he won.

Surely an aces “should she strip” equation would be straightforward for the next-generation Schrödinger! ;)
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I would like to hear about Schrodinger's pussy.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    I've heard clubs using scales for dancers to maintain their weight.

This makes sense to me, especially if you want the dancers to not let themselves go.

Also, the clubs look at her overall physique not just a dancer's weight.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Intuitively, what would seem to make the most sense is to go by how she looks. She starts looking too doughy? Give her a warning, and if no progress, fire her.

But, I wonder if the above is so subjective, it opens clubs to lawsuits. Whereas an objective set of standards -- basically a chart with height on one axis, weight on the other, and a line drawn below which every dancer must stay -- is more defensible.

Really, no idea either way. Just trying to puzzle out why they'd use a scale (beyond just yet another way to psychologically terrorize the strippers) instead of just doing an ocular patdown and making a judgement from that.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    If they are independent contractors can't the clubs arbitrarily decide which ones get to work there and which are no longer welcome.?

If I hire contractors at my job I can use subjective criteria to determine who I bring on.
  • Corvus
    5 years ago
    I've never heard of this before. However, I have been in a few clubs that could have benefited from a policy like that!

Seriously though, to each his own and I've known plenty of chubby chasers in my time.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    I've heard about dancers getting weighed. I'm trying to remember which clubs, but it's not something I focused on in conversations.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    I can tell that FTS favors the model thin type. (Normal BMI range is 18.5 - 24.9, according to searched site).
    By FTS standards, a 5' dancer had better weigh less than 97 lbs, and a 5'6" dancer had better weigh less than 118 lbs.

FYI, for a 5' dancer, BMI 19-23 range (proposed by FTS) parameters would be 97 - 118 lbs, while parameters for 5'6" dancer would be 118 - 142 lbs.

I suggest that Papi avoid any club that hires FTS as a dancer screener.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The clubs that use a scale have a max-min weight in their hiring policies, the scale is to keep it accurate and avoid any legal issues. 
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Not sure about a scale, but I know at Rhino in Las Vegas the dancers say they are pretty strict about weight and appearance. Especially for the prime nighttime shift. But I always thought it was just some manager who eyed the girls and said who's ok and who didn't make the cut.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the input guys. I would classify this girl in the thick category which I prefer but she holds her weight well. She is not fat. Now for those of you who prefer spinners, you wouldn't give her a second look.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    its funny-- i rarely ever see a girl who seems too fat to be dancing

have i seen it before? yes

but in my estimation---i hardly ever see girls who seem too fat

but apparently this is a common reason a dancer will get axed
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Neither has @Papi.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ You best be careful the clubs don’t put a scale by the front entrance and start changing admission by the pound lol
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    LOL
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    I have seen it a few times, but always in high-end clubs in major cities.

Unfortunately, I have also seen clubs where you'd think the hiring manager was a chubby-chaser. But to be fair, every guy has thier own standard and type of attraction to women. Some of this skews by culture, some by locale, some by shift (day vs night). But most of the clubs where I've seen dancers plumping up have a self-elimination process when more weight typically (bit not always) results in less earnings.

In California, most clubs are converting from contracted dancers to employees. So this gives the clubs more power to enforce BMI or height/weight proportional rules. But if those rules are ever challenged in court, the club(s) will need to prove it is a bona fide occupational requirement (i.e.: That overweight dancers cannot meet the necessary job requirements). There is precedent for this from the Airlines, where they used to require that stewardesses (this is before "flight attendants") had to stay under a certain weight. The airlines lost because the primary duty of the job was safety, not entertainment or providing "eye candy" to business travelers.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"So this gives the clubs more power to enforce BMI or height/weight proportional rules. "

Does it? I would have thought this is one of the areas where employee protections favor the employee. Independent contractor? A little more latitude in hiring and firing. Employee? Best be careful about firing.

Just what I would have expected.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Never heard of clubs using a scale, but of course they hire and fire dancers based on weight.
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    There was a club I used to go to regularly which supposedly did that, but I believe after a certain point, they stopped, probably because the owner decided what his customers most liked were girls with big tits. That club seemed to attract lots of C and D Cup girls, and even some bigger than that. Of course, you find girls like that, they are going to be bigger than average. Not everyone was like that, but it was hard not to notice.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    My guess is that it’s just another way of clubs trying to intimidate the girls and also have a seemingly objective reason to get rid of some girls they don’t like.  I seriously doubt they would get rid of a cute, chubby girl who is popular and making the club money. 
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion