tuscl

Drinking booze before or in a club.

herbtcat
Cool Cat in the Valley
Growing up in California, the majority of my SC experiences starting when I was 18 are in full-nude, no-alcohol clubs. Now that I am considerably older than 18, I find that pounding down shots in (or before going to) a club just reduces my ability to make good decisions and can reduce my ability to get "good results" as well. In fact if asked, I usually make a joke about it: "Why would I want to have blurry vision in a strip club?"

So my question - When you go to a club do you:

1. Drink a lot of booze (or drink a lot before coming to the club).
2. Drink a bit of booze
3. Only drink booze if you are with buddies (or if you a buying a drink for a dancer) to be sociable.
4. Not drink any booze.
5. Drink, snort, shoot up, smoke, or just consume whatever mood-altering substances you can get your hands on.

No judgements please. Just wonder what you prefer and why...

24 comments

• flagooner
    5 years ago
    Fuck you
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    So... should I count that as a 5? :p
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I don't drink much when I go strip clubbing. I might go into a club and buy one obligatory beer, then drink half of it. Alcohol numbs the senses.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Quit 10 years ago, already had my share.
    A toke or 2 before hand adds a bit to the sensations and frolicking feeling for me.
    With out is fine too
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I used to pregame all the time before going to the club. In my first times going to the club alone if I wasn't buzzed, then I felt dirty and pathetic in there. Thankfully after going alone for a couple months I got over that dirty feeling and just embraced the PL in myself. Now I usually club completely sober. Only clubs I have drinks in nowadays are Vegas clubs.

I do agree that I make better choices sober. But it's just so much damn fun being buzzed and surrounded by hot women who are also buzzed or drunk. Unfortunately I think the dancers definitely have the advantage when both custie and dancer are buzzed/drunk.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Never been much of a drinker (but I don't abstain completely) - up to now I've always driven to the club so I don't pregame - I mostly club on dayshift (late-afternoons) and I don't usually have a desire to get buzzed at that time - I tend to get a buzz the few times I club at night which is when I go to get out of the house and kill some time and then I'll have a strong drink or two which gives me a decent buzz w/o being out of it - on my dayshift visits I'll usually nurse a lite beer.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    probably mostly sober to a light buzz.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Number 2

I’m usually driving myself to the club, so I can’t do number 1. I probably shouldn’t even do number 2. But I only have 2 beers at the most ITC and by the time I’ve left the club one of those beers has probably worn off
  • RTP
    5 years ago
    So herb, you have been a member for 17 years and could not write one review? Come on, help us out a bit.

As for your question, I am with GoVikings, #2. I go to a club for the whole vibe, which includes having a drink or two. However, I am driving much of the time, so limiting my intake is important not only to in the club decision making, but to staying out of jail also.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    I am/was a dancer, so this is from a dancer's perspective.

I used to pregame before going into work with a couple glasses of wine (one while getting ready, one on the way there) and then I'd typically drink once I got to work.

I haven't danced in months now but if/when I do go back, I won't be drinking at all as I've recently gotten sober and don't plan to drink any time soon.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    If I'm with my buddies, or alone but with my CF/ATF or just met a great new girl, t #1, lots of booze. ITC only, the point is to get drunk with the girls, not before

If I'm clubbing by myself and not particularly attracted to any of the girls, or anytime I drove to the club instead of taking public transit, then #2, a drink or two, or #4, no booze.
  • Musterd21
    5 years ago
    If I have a motel/hotel room close I drink a lot. I always have several girls sitting with me and buy them drinks too. I have had some girls offer to help me out the door and always take them up on it. Many will give me their phone number but I usually go to my room and go to sleep after a night cap.
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    Drink one or at the most two shots of the best Whisky they have. Nurse each one. I buy drinks for dancers that sit and spend time with me.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    6. Drink moderately - enough to feel good, but not so much to be incapacitated or seriously impaired.

For me, clubs are social experiences. I've been in a handful of nude juice bars over the years and they all had weirdly quiet, pervy and intense vibes. I like vaginas as much as anyone, but I'm not motivated enough to sit in one of these near silent clubs with a group of guys all staring intently like armchair gynecologists every time a pussy goes in display. No thanks.

My first choice is always full nude with alcohol and I always enjoy traveling to places that offer this. But when I have to choose between topless with alcohol or full nude without, I take the former every time.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    I don’t drink and advise others not to drink.

“Alcohol can depress the central nervous system so much that it results in impairment such as slurred speech, unsteady movement, disturbed perceptions, and an inability to react quickly.

Mentally, alcohol reduces an individual’s ability to think rationally, lessens inhibitions, and distorts judgment.”

When interacting with beautiful women I want to be completely alert and think and react quickly to make sure I can enjoy the experiences fully.

Also is not a good idea to drink and drive or ride.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    Sometimes when I club with friends in Hong Kong I drink too much if we buy a bottle. I got to do a little bit better so I don’t get so stupidly drunk.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"I don’t drink and advise others not to drink."

CJKent, given how fun-loving you seem on the forum, I am shocked at this position. Although you rock so hard sober, maybe it would be too much for us to handle, anyway.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "I don’t drink and advise others not to drink."

Did anyone else hear a high-pitched nasally whiny voice in his head when he read CJ's PSA? ;)
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @Dugan posted "But when I have to choose between topless with alcohol or full nude without, I take the former every time."

I'd take that every time also if the mileage was identical in both types. But here in CA, SF in particular, topless clubs are the lowest mileage ever. They don't even remove their tops when giving you a dance for Pete's sake, and even still you can't touch over their bikini anyway. The nude clubs are nothing like that, thankfully. But no alcohol to be found, unless you use Subra's method of a sneaking a flask in, buying a bottle water and swapping the water for alcohol.

The lesson: don't visit the bay area for strip clubs. You'll be real disappointed.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @Subraman

I answer the question when it was asked, you must have forgotten; and yes I am a fun-loving sober professional, sophisticated, discerning gentleman with good sense of humor.

@skibum609
    To answer your question;

Are you a drinker?

No, I am not a drinker.

I am a mature professional, a sophisticated, discerning gentleman with good sense of humor.

American drinking culture, goes hand in hand with the capitalistic agenda.

The rich people who can afford drinking a glass of wine every night will do so for health benefits, whereas poorer populations tend to take their opportunities to binge on as much alcohol until the next time they can get some.

Alcohol use and misuse account for 3.3 million deaths every year, or 6 percent of all deaths worldwide. The harmful effects of alcohol misuse are far reaching and range from individual health risks, morbidity, and mortality to consequences for family, friends, and the larger society.

The alcohol industry uses complex targeted marketing strategies that focus on African Americans, Latinos, and American Indians, among other demographic groups, such as youth and other ethnic minorities (Alaniz and Wilkes 1998; Moore et al. 2008). Empirical studies show that targeted alcohol marketing results in individuals developing positive beliefs about drinking, and creating and expanding environments where alcohol use is socially acceptable and encouraged
  • -me
    5 years ago
    I usually drink a little to moderate, have gotten pretty fucked up on alcohol and weed. Depends on my mood, how tired I am, and if I'm really trying to cum later.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Good Lord CJ, we knew that your wife took one of your testicles, but I didn't realize that she took them both.

We are all aware of the ills involved with drinking. We just do it anyway because it's fun. Like Abe Lincoln, I believe that a man with no vices has very few virtues. The only guarantee in life is that we are going to die, whether it's at 60, 70 or we manage to squeeze out years into our 80s, assuming that some random illness or accident doesn't take us much sooner despite our best precautions. If you always live in fear of death and ill health, some day you'll find that you never really lived at all. For that reason I prefer reasonable moderation to abstinence, but to each his own.
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    I refer all to the last line of my OP:

"No judgements please. Just wonder what you prefer and why..."
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Don't worry herb(ivore), the gratuitous insults are free of charge. ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion