tuscl

Yes, I'm a cheap bastard

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Enjoying my $1 short stack at IHOP today.

21 comments

• doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Does that come wit a free fruit cup?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I stopped going to IHOP cause the pancake syrup is synthetic they don’t use maple syrup they use artificially flavored syrup.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    ^
    The syrup matches their pancakes. :D
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    There is an IHOP next to the place where I get my oil changed, so I'll fess up that I eat breakfast there maybe once every couple of months. I don't like their pancakes or the crappy corn sugar syrup, but the chicken fried steak is a guilty pleasure of mine. I just swap out the pancake side for wheat toast.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Well fuck you guys.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    flagooner, tell the truth! I think you are upset because you figured “I’ll make a joke thread that trashes IHOP because IHOP is the least cool thing under the sun” and then rickdugan made a reasonable post that somehow injected a tiny amount of cool into the IHOP brand.

Much as I hate to do so, I have to give rickdugan a “brilliant!” for that post. Seriously, he should appear in IHOP ads. He could even give them a new slogan:

“If you’re ever in a position where eating at any other place is seriously inconvenient come in and order our chicken-fried steak. But substitute wheat toast for our pancakes. After all, we can’t fuck up toast, can we?” ;)
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    The Douchebag gets better service at IHOP because he’s the only customer in a three piece suit and they think he’s a chemical engineer. https://www.tuscl.net/app/discussion.php…
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    IHOP is pretty fucking good. Way better then Denny’s. Except for the Grand Slammich.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Muddy, have you ever been to a Jim’s location? Similar price point to IHOP, and it’s superior IMO.

Denny’s is great late at night when trying to sober up.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    No I’ve never been to Jim’s. Say no more I’m gonna try it then.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I prefer Bob Evans, but c'mon, $1 for a short stack. I couldn't pass that up.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    doctorevil, I suspect rickdugan also gets good service because he is so much more civilized than the other customers. That isn’t hard when the average customer comes in with a bunch of Arby’s sauce packets, which they use as lube while they jack off into the pancake batter!

I mean really, juicebox69 can get away with jacking it into the pancake batter wherever he goes because he’s the juicebox, but when half your customers jack off into the pancake batter it gets kind of non-brilliant. It makes you appreciate the occasional customer that wears a three-piece suit, lies about being a chemical engineer, and (most importantly) doesn’t jack it in front of you!

They also like the fact the guy rocking the three-piece suit doesn’t realize that the white stuff on the chicken-fried steak ain’t gravy! ;)
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @flagoonet. Did the waitress allow you to stuff that dollar into her garter under the skirt? Is there a VIP booth that gives extras like bacon?
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Discount chain restaurant deals pair very well with the loser leaf.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Swapping corn syrup for maple syrup, without at least the option of an upcharge, should be a misdemeanor. I can see it at McD or BK, but how can IHOP or Denny's sleep at night.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Swapping corn syrup for maple syrup, without at least the option of an upcharge, should be a misdemeanor. I can see it at McD or BK, but how can IHOP or Denny's sleep at night."

Lol. Almost no chain restaurant or basic diner provides real maple syrup because it is too expensive. There's just no way you make a profit on a cheap breakfast if people are dousing the pancakes with $4-5+ of real maple syrup. You'd be lucky to find a 16 oz container of the stuff for less than $13 and that's at places like Walmart or Aldi.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ that’s all true but putting high fructose corn syrup in your mouth is a crime as well. ;)
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I know because it's all that us upper crust Dugans will use in our home. ;)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Maybe you guys are younger than I am but after a while the cumulative effects of ingesting poisons will cause you problems, I find being healthy and among the very few folks in my age group that isn’t taking meds for a health condition is well worth the effort that I take to keep myself healthy.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I usually get 4 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese if I ever find myself in an IHOP.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    $1 short stack are you trying to kill Juice?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion