tuscl

I'm confused

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Saturday, May 18, 2019 8:47 AM
Why did the Democrats push so hard to investigate possible collosion between Trump and the Russians (and further pursue it even when the investigation turned up no evidence of it), but now they are having a tantrum about an investigation into the actions that led to the witch hunt in the first place?

108 comments

• reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Just a couple of corrections: 1) it’s not true that the investigation turned up no evidence of criminal behavior including evidence of cooperation with a hostile foreign government; 2) an investigation that yielded so many indictments, guilty pleas and convictions cannot sensibly be regarded as a witch-hunt. If there is sufficient credible evidence to warrant an investigation of the investigators, I’m all for it. If it’s just an attempt to exact political revenge or distract from real issues in the coming election, it has no place in America. We are not a third-world, tin-pot dictatorship, at least not yet (but if we are subjected to 4 more years of this Orange buffoon’s idiocy, we may become one).
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Typical democrat hypocrisy. They spend all this time and waste into an investigation throwing up a red herring that the president used foreign agencies to influence an election, yet now they want to allow illegal immigrants to vote. WTF!!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I don't know, Meat, Trump just put the largest tax increase in history on our backs, fake news you say, tariffs is another word for taxes.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @rev "1) it’s not true that the investigation turned up no evidence of criminal behavior including evidence of cooperation with a hostile foreign government;" Yes, it is true. "2) an investigation that yielded so many indictments, guilty pleas and convictions cannot sensibly be regarded as a witch-hunt." So man indictments, convictions, and guilty pleas? Were there any that were concerning the investiation at hand or were they just from prior actions to give the investigators leverage. Oh, and incidents that never could have occurred without the investigation in the first place (lying) don't count. "If there is sufficient credible evidence to warrant an investigation of the investigators, I’m all for it. If it’s just an attempt to exact political revenge or distract from real issues in the coming election, it has no place in America. We are not a third-world, tin-pot dictatorship." You mean like the Democrats were exacting revenge on Trump for putting the beat down on Hillary?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ If he has nothing to hide let them show up for a hearing, btw where are his tax returns maybe we need the Russians to get to work on that. It’s time to face the music, stop the stalling and get on with the country’s business not the Trump organizations business, he’s a fuckn theif and you guys know it just don’t want to admit the truth.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @25 The only reason the tariffs were put in place was to get the Chinese to the bargaining table. I don't think anyone wins with a tariff. In this case both countries are losing and the rational outcome is a trade deal. It'll happen before the election, though that milestone works at our disadvantage.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Yes that’s working out well for us isn’t it, the stock market really appreciates the up and down swings, he can’t even make a deal on a monopoly board, he’s a fuckn con man, always been a con man, and he has you completely bullshitted. MAGA stop the lying from the Oval Office.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    How do you deal with people you disagree with and people that wish to harm you? Bush used Shock and Awe.... Democrats were pissed and crying Obama went on a world apology tour and turned the US into a nation of pussies Trump is staging an economic war through tariffs..... Democrats are pissed and crying The only thing Democrats have done successfully in the last 20 years is apologize
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Tariffs are not taxes. That idea is totally fucked up, but let's be honest: anyone who thinks they are the same must really hate all environmental legislation because it raises taxes. The simple fact is Trump is a turd, but is trying to help America. His predecessor was a turd who helped our enemies.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ @ski +1
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Not true, Daddilac! The democrats have successfully: destroyed our healthcare system Allowed China to steal virtually all our national security technology Allowed Putin to revert Russia back to a dictatorship and international antagonist Allowed the birth and global spread of ISIS Allowed more terror attacks on our soil than at any time in our nation's history Allowed the resurgence of the Taliban and al-Qaeda Turned US Special forces and our military as a whole into a Carter-era joke Ensured that the ruling class is not subject to the same laws and punishments as the voting class Instigated ongoing class warfare and identity politics which will take generations to resolve Coopted the national news media into aiding and abetting the largest series of lies and disinformation since the Soviet Union And I could go on for ages. The Democrat Party have successfully established themselves as the anti-thetical group to all the founding principles that made this country great.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Tariffs certainly are taxes just not paid by the party that are getting tariffed doesn’t make me a Democrat to state the truth, you guys are getting conned, he’s no Republican sorry but he’s got to go, he hasn’t gotten any better, if you can’t see it I feel sorry for y’all. [view link]
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I guess they have a lot more they should be apologizing for... not to our enemies but to our citizens. I have fired two people in my career that my motives were questionable. First was a guy who was a University of Florida graduate.... I fired him for being a gator and yes he collected unemployment but I just could not take his bullshit anymore. Second was a woman who was a Democrat, I fired her for being a democrat. I knew she was a democrat when I hired her and I thought I could get past her insanity, but in the end she is just fucking crazy and had to go
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    @25.... I completely understand your point on tariffs and it is a tax in the form of inflation of the prices of the goods we import from China. However, long term, if this lasts long term most people agree it is a tactic to renegotiate a more favorable trade deal, but if it lasts the results will be an increase in manufacturing in Vietnam, korea, etc.... Places other than China will be supplying us with our cheap shit at walmart or maybe we begin buying more made in the USA stuff or a combination of these. Nothing about economics is straight line.... not even JNJ stock lol
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ exactly what should I apologize for, just because y’all lose your minds and check common sense with the hatcheck girl doesn’t mean I have a damn thing to apologize for, you all know Trump is a liar, exactly what is it that your whining about stupid shit, he’s a con man his MAGA consists of picking fights, and being a bully, he won’t even show us his tax returns only two possible reasons, either he’s really broke and lying, or he’s taking money from questionable sources. That a fact.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    Unless you are identifying as a Democrat then I am not saying that you have anything to apologize for
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    If you are then gammanu left you a list of things to begin apologizing for
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Last time we had a president levy tariffs in a major way we ended up with a depression the farmers now are about to be hammered don’t take my word for it, just look at what’s actually happening, coal isn’t coming back, they need less people to pump more oil than they ever did, the industrial revolution changed the world, this is a new industrial revolution good paying jobs are going to go to the folks that face reality, AI will creat better jobs and more opportunities than trying to stop the inevitable march of progress it’s gonna happen, you can get with the program and end up on top or you can bury your head in the sand and get passed by.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Can't we all just get along? I really hate to see the close-mindedness and petty bickering. I started this thread with a sincere question but still haven't received an answer. Why are the Democrats opposed to an investigation into the actions that led to the Mueller investigation in the first place? One of you wrote "If he has nothing to hide let them show up for a hearing..." If that's the case shouldn't the same be said about those that initiated the investigation in the first place?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Fuck Gamannu he’s famous for calling people porch monkeys he’s a total fraud and and a used asswipe.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @flagooner I don’t give a flying fuck what or who, they investigate TBH Muellars report just put out a bunch of stuff that was well known by anyone paying attention, anyone that doesn’t know that Trump is a con merchant has been hiding under a rock, now the fact that it doesn’t bother you that he’s a con man that’s disturbing whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    @25.....So you do identify as a democrat?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I'm not saying you care about it. I'm referring to all the Democrat Representatives.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Not this bunch of Republicans my Republican Party was for limited government, open markets, fiscal responsibility, and social inclusion. This bunch is fuckn nuts flip flopping all over the place, going back on their promises and lying about everything.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    @25 Still have not answered the question Quit dodging and start answering
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Dodging what I answered completely I don’t identify with either group any more, I’m a centrist and I’m going to vote for the center not the left not the right and not for this draft dodger and con man.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ so you aren't going to vote?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Probably not I’ll make up my mind next November it’ll be a first for me to not vote if that’s how it comes down but I’ll most likely cast a vote on the undercards we’ll see how it shakes out.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    To be clear, you finally answered my question. I get it, you hate trump mostly for personal reasons
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    My personal reasons are valid you can’t say that I have said anything that isn’t true.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    And there is nothing wrong with disliking someone for personal reasons. You've mentioned the reasons before.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, So the trade imbalance is just fine for you, correct?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @ Clubber So the deficit is good with you stop being sucked into stupid shit
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Don't get started on the deficit. That'll be a sure loser argument.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I was just being snarky cause that’s the biggest gripe I have with the GOP
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Victor Davis Hanson has an interesting take on Trump. He says he is like the many movie hero’s who were brought in by the townspeople to clean up corruption, then thrown out once they had completed the job. The townspeople are too afraid to get their own hands dirty, but won’t tolerate the hero’s crude ways any longer than they have to.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    It’s tough (maybe impossible) to have a sensible discussion when people can’t agree the underlying facts. I regard Trump as a hopeless liar. He lies about things big and small. We are at a point where if he actually told the truth about some vital, national security threat, many would disbelieve him because of how he has so thoroughly shredded his credibility. Trump’s political opponents are also full of shit and hypocrisy. What I find so weird about all of this is that most Americans are sensible, honest people. How did we end up with a bunch of lying, cheating, spineless, unprincipled bastards in high office?
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Well,the Russians certainly did influence the election. And there is evidence of at least Trump encouraging it. Of what else there could be, what other leads should be investigated, who knows. SJG Montrose - Live KSAN Radio Session (Live @ Record Plant, Sausalito, CA, USA 04.21.73.) [view link] [view link]
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Flagooner confused? No surprise
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @SJG Yes, the Russians lent their support for Trump’s election. That is clear. But I assume Trump’s supporters sincerely believe that Putin just hoped to Make America Great Again! Trump has been sucking up to Putin ... I mean, “thanking Putin” ever since for Russia’s support in the 2016 election.
  • Mnaz
    5 years ago
    I suspect they know the investigation is going to go badly for them so their strategy is to try to discredit the investigation.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I wish Trump had the flawless character of JFK, LBJ, or Bill Clinton. Because, they never lied. Or, got us into a war. Or, sexually assaulted anyone. Oh, wait, I guess they did.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Trump resolves the issues by not ever even pretending he has any scruples. SJG JEFFERSON STARSHIP - St Charles '76 [view link]
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    It would be nice to just burn the “establishment” to the ground and try to find politicians with scruples, honesty, integrity, morals and non self centered aspirations. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Politicians play politics for ONE REASON.... THEIR personal wealth, status, and power. All the bullshit is a dog and pony show just to keep we minions out of all their hidden agendas.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ I agree with Nidan111 SJG
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    "Why did the Democrats push so hard to investigate possible collosion between Trump and the Russians (and further pursue it even when the investigation turned up no evidence of it), but now they are having a tantrum about an investigation into the actions that led to the witch hunt in the first place?" I try to stay out of political discussions. I don't think I have the ability to change anyone's mind. The best I can do is piss them off. I'm not a Democrat, but I will say a couple things here. 1. Barr mischaracterized the results of the investigation and now is trying to smear the people involved. 2. The purpose of the investigation was to find out if Russians interfered in the 2016 election. There is no doubt now that they did. 3. The investigation did not exonerate Trump. It did not find enough evidence to indict him on conspiracy or obstruction of justice. But there is evidence that these things occurred. 4. The investigation has resulted in many convictions. Trump's personal attorney, Trump's national security advisor, and Trump's campaign manager are just a few. Impeachment won't be possible unless Republicans stand up for the Constitution and the rule of law. Some Republicans seem to be moving that way. For instance, this is what a Michigan Republican Congressman published today: Republican Congressman Breaks Ranks, Declares Trump Committed ‘Impeachable Conduct’ Justin Amash, who represents Michigan, has chosen the country and the constitution over his political party By TIM DICKINSON Facebook Twitter Reddit Email Show more sharing options President Donald Trump speaks at an Opportunity Zone conference with state, local, tribal, and community leaders South Court Auditorium of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, on the White House complex, in WashingtonTrump, Washington, USA - 17 Apr 2019 A GOP congressman has accused President Donald Trump of "impeachable conduct." Andrew Harnik/AP/REX/Shutterstoc Republican Congressman Justin Amash has broken with the Republican Party line to declare that President Trump has “engaged in impeachable conduct.” He also accuses Attorney General William Barr of attempting “to mislead the public about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s analysis and findings.” Amash, who represents a Michigan district anchored by Grand Rapids, leans libertarian in his political orientation. And he is the first prominent GOP officeholder to suggest that Trump’s efforts to obstruct justice and undermine the rule of law merit his removal from office. “President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment,” Amash writes. The congressman used a Twitter thread Saturday to broadcast his views, “only after having read Mueller’s redacted report carefully and completely, having read or watched pertinent statements and testimony, and having discussed this matter with my staff.” RELATED President Donald Trump speaks as he visits a new section of the border wall with Mexico in Calexico, CalifTrump, El Centro, USA - 05 Apr 2019 Trump's Immigration Strategy Is Dumber and Crueler Than Anyone Realizes Space Pirate Truther Ted Cruz Has Been Totally Broken by Trump Justin Amash @justinamash Here are my principal conclusions: 1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report. 2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct. 3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances. 4. Few members of Congress have read the report. In his thread, Amash offered choice criticism for Barr in his execution of his duties as America’s top law enforcement officer. Justin Amash @justinamash · 3h Replying to @justinamash In comparing Barr’s principal conclusions, congressional testimony, and other statements to Mueller’s report, it is clear that Barr intended to mislead the public about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s analysis and findings. Justin Amash @justinamash Barr’s misrepresentations are significant but often subtle, frequently taking the form of sleight-of-hand qualifications or logical fallacies, which he hopes people will not notice. 17K 3:30 PM - May 18, 2019 Twitter Ads info and privacy 3,588 people are talking about this Barr’s deceptive summary to congress, Amash writes obscured what the congressman believes, in fact, was criminal behavior: Justin Amash @justinamash · 3h Replying to @justinamash Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment. Justin Amash @justinamash In fact, Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence. 17.5K 3:30 PM - May 18, 2019 Twitter Ads info and privacy 4,015 people are talking about this Amash spends much of his thread warning America about adherence to party over our constitutional system of checks and balances, while making a subtle jab at fellow conservatives who sought to impeach Bill Clinton for obstruction of justice, but have remained silent in the face of Trump’s lawlessness: Justin Amash @justinamash · 3h Replying to @justinamash Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch’s jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution. When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law—the foundation of liberty—crumbles. Justin Amash @justinamash We’ve witnessed members of Congress from both parties shift their views 180 degrees—on the importance of character, on the principles of obstruction of justice—depending on whether they’re discussing Bill Clinton or Donald Trump. Rebuking his colleagues for failing in their basic duties — “few members of Congress even read Mueller’s report,” he writes — Amash closes with a recognition that his constitutional obligations, at this moment, far outrank his political imperatives: “America’s institutions depend on officials to uphold both the rules and spirit of our constitutional system even when to do so is personally inconvenient or yields a politically unfavorable outcome,” Amash writes. “Our Constitution is brilliant and awesome; it deserves a government to match it.”
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ When everything is brought out into the open, I believe that people will see that it is worse than Watergate. SJG
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^ Do you really believe that, or is that you just offering a glimmer of hope that it goes your way? Stupid nut job left wing liberal...
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I think Rep Elijah Cummings spoke well of it, saying how far far we have gone into corruption and improper conduct, with Trump and his people. SJG
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    The 2020 election in a nutshell Trump - record low unemployment - strong stock market - rising wages - low inflation - Tax Cuts spur business investment - ISIS defeated - Talks with North Korea - Tariffs to control Chinese cheating and theft - NAFTA replaced with pro-US pact Democrats - Trump isn’t nice
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Justin Amash doesn't go to strip clubs. His opinions and statements are irrelevant.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Same can be said of SJG.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Between Flynn and Cohen, there's a lot of smoke. Also remember from day 1 Trump came out comically weak on Russia to the point it felt like he was getting talking points from Putin. He barely agrees Russia tried to influence our election, which is a joke. We have been trying to influence elections across the globe forever, it's what superpowers do. But I get he didn't want to admit Russia wanted him in power because he's weak on the global scale.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Flynn is accused of lying to the FBI but the report documenting this wasn’t written until months afterward. We know the agents who interviewed him believed he was telling the truth at the time. Now, there is word that the original report may be recoverable. If so, he will be exonerated and further proof that he and Trump were set up.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Then, there is Joe Biden “The vice president ( Biden) is negotiating a bunch of very sensitive issues with the Chinese, including the South China Sea, trade, tech transfer, etc. Shortly after they return to the US, Hunter Biden’s firm receives a $1 billion private equity deal from the Chinese government We have no way of knowing how much Rosemont made on the deal because there are no disclosure requirements,”.
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    Way to just drop a grenade here, flagooner!
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    Way to just drop a grenade here, flagooner!
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    Stupid slow to react button!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, No the deficit isn't good, but President Trump was dealt a terrible hand after obama increased the deficit more than every other President combined. I don't expect ANYONE to work their way out of that in 2 years. I'll wait the full 8 years to see how that works out. In any case, deficit aside, You find that trade balance with china OK? "The U.S. imported a record $539.5 billion in goods from China in 2018. The U.S. is a net importer from China in most market segments such as consumer electronics, apparel, furniture and industrial supplies. The one major exception: agriculture." By contrast, the U.S. shipped a much smaller $120.3 billion in goods to China last year, Census trade figures showed. Market watch May 14, 2019.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Clubber All if you Trumpers do the same thing over and over, I don’t want to hear about Obama, anymore, step into the future and stop whining about what’s done, close the gaps and own your own failures. This is getting tedious and I’m not interested in this debate any more, the next election is right around the corner let’s see what happens, I’m going to be a, no vote for Trump regardless of what happens Respect that or not IDGAF.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ If you bring up the deficit you can't ignore the impact the Kenyan had on it. The interest on the deficit he left President Donald Trump with makes it virtually impossible to work within a balanced budget.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ You wanted the job go fix the problems like I said IDGAF I’m in good shape and my kids will be fine. This crap is just examples of the loudest voice in the room, not seeing anything new or smart from the fat guy.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    And he's doing a great job of doing just that in many areas. Do you have any examples of a President who was able to fix everything? Be reasonable.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ If you say so everything you say should be consid cupcake........ er I mean fruitcup;)
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    @ flagooner of course you are confused you are a idiot.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    LOL
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    China’s goal is to become the dominant world power, politically, economically, and militarily. They’ve set a timeline of 30 years to reach this. The next step was to dominate technology. For example, if Huawei undercuts the price of installing 5G, it can hollow out every other countries telecom industry. This is much more than a trade war. It is an all encompassing competition to see whether the Chinese communist party will control the world.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, No issue here. Most all give up when they lose a discussion or have no truthful answers.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Clubber I don’t give anything up nor do I not have truthful answers but nothing I say is going to make any difference to people that will not see so I’d rather not fight over it he will be gone soon enough
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    "Trump - record low unemployment - strong stock market - rising wages - low inflation - Tax Cuts spur business investment - ISIS defeated - Talks with North Korea - Tariffs to control Chinese cheating and theft - NAFTA replaced with pro-US pact" Bearing in mind the actual election is about 18 months away, this is a shaky set of arguments. The NK talks have failed. Syria is still a fucking mess. The Chinese tariffs are hurting the economy and have only started to cause pain. The stock market is likely to be flat to down between now and the election. Layoffs may start in 2020 or sooner. Inflation is rising. The Trump tax cuts aren't really stimulating investment (corporate tax cuts only do so during a recession like Obama did). I agree if Trump wants to win re election he needs to pray for a strong economy. GW Bush stimulated the fuck out of the economy to get re elected. Trump is stabbing himself in the foot with a trade war.
  • yahtzee74
    5 years ago
    Mark is absolutely correct. The democratic powers have to wake up, stop being seduced by money, and realize that our way of life And core beliefs are being challenged. There's plenty of cheap labor all over the world and we need to invest in places where we will actually be able to Influence them towards a free and open society.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    “The stock market is likely to be flat to down between now and the election. Layoffs may start in 2020 or sooner.” You forgot to add that an asteroid will destroy the Earth in October 2020. All based on your insight into what the future holds. How can we disagree ?
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    India, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand are now cheaper than China with far less government interference. The low tech jobs, like simple assembly and clothing, are already leaving China. The higher tech work, like iPhones, will take longer to replace. Maybe they will go to Taiwan, South Korea or even the US in automated plants. This whole transition will take 2-5 years. At the end, our allies will be much better off and China will be a shell of what it might have been. There might even be a political upheaval in China reducing the risk they pose.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, When I think of the anti-Trumpers, I see a flock of sheep! One need only pay attention to the fake news outlets. One of many perfect examples will follow from a couple of months ago. (The same was just done with the recent "CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS"). It is shown at the 1:20 mark if you don't care to see the reasoning behind it: [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Clubber Funny when I think of pro-Trumpers I think of zombies attacking the living, just watch the night of the living dead the reasoning is just as valid.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I found some video of trump supporters [view link]
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    When I think of trump supporters I picture Robber Baron's twirling mustaches as they trick the unwashed masses into thinking brown people and not the Robber Barons are the source of their misery.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, Nice try, but what I posted here is factual and true not a poor attempt at a joke. Would be nice if it were fiction, but alas it isn't!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Wasn't trying very hard, it would be even better if Trump were a fictional character, but alas he's a poor attempt of a joke.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Democrats have become the party of stupid. I used to believe in them more than Republicans, but once Obama took office they really showed how awful their idealism is.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Then there is Elijah Cummings, Chairman of the House Oversight Committee and fierce Trump critic. His wife receives millions a year from companies which appear before his committee, including Johnson and Johnson. That’s how the swamp operates. In fact, Trump might be the only person in Washington not taking bribes. [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’m sure you idiots are fine with these developments, but it’s short term thinking on your part, this administration contesting subpoenas to testify is going to kill the two party system and bring us closer to a Russian style oligarchy, our country is based on the principle of three co equal government branches, the executive branch is overreaching and if there is no solution there will be an overreaction, mock this at your own peril, it will become a full blown constitutional crisis!
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Trump isn't draining the swamp, he came to grift and sell boats.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I wish all politicians had to wear jumpsuits like NASCAR drivers with all of their donors (sponsors) patches on it... bigger the patch the bigger the donation. We would then be able to look at them and tell why they support what they do
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    Interesting idea. I bet you would find a lot of the same patches on both sides of the aisle.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ @25 "our country is based on the principle of three co equal government branches, the executive branch is overreaching and if there is no solution there will be an overreaction" Let's blame President Trump for this too as it is a new phenomenon that started only two and a half years ago. (sarcasm intended)
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, You are old enough and smart enough to understand and perform research. I think you should use those skills before you post some of what you post. There is next to nothing new on the political front these days, EXCEPT President Trump not playing the "normal" washington game. That, my friend, is why he was elected and is supported by we "walmart smelling deplorables"! Might as well accept it and get used to it. Nearly 6 more years of it. Trust me, if I can endure 8 years of obama, anything is possible. :)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ This is unquestionably a new phase, ignoring a subpoena, is blatant disregard of our laws, I don't remember that from the other side, sorry bro, just because you disagree or even dislike, our laws are the only defense that we have, unless you want to see separate, competing police forces and armies on the streets of our country, it's time to rein this in.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    “ ignoring a subpoena, is blatant disregard of our laws, I don't remember that from the other side, “ Umm, Eric Holder. Fast and Furious.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    For those excited about Republican Justin Amash heroically coming out in favor of impeachment: Did you know he is an owner in his family’s business, a manufacturing company in China ? Amash may not be so pure in his position.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    The mainstream media ignored this because, well, you know why. A used crack pipe, two DC driver's licenses, multiple credit cards, a Delaware Attorney General badge and a US Secret Service business card belonging to Hunter Biden were found in a rental car returned to an Arizona Hertz location in the middle of the night, days before the 2016 presidential election.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Mark and the Trumpublicans are making the exact same arguments as the Democrats did, in the end Holder was cited for contempt and forced to turn over the documents from the fast and furious debacle. If you’re going to use an example be honest about how it ended.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Holder and the Justice department fought the subpoena for seven years until the case was finally dropped because Trump was in the White House and had access to all documents.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    And how about Hillary turnig over her emails?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    On 4/6/2016 the Obama administration turned over the fast and furious documents to congress Jason Chaffetz a Republican said that the episode was over that was before Trump was even elected let alone assuming office you can google this information @Mark
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    I actually enjoy the fighting between the Republicans and Democrats. Think about it. When Trump was elected the majority of us quietly worried if his administration would lead to nucelar wars with North Korea and China. The most we have had to worry about is the impact of his twitter rants on the stock market.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    The beauty of three branches with checks and balances.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    More Elijah Cummings. Funny. No, that’s not Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings driving for Lyft in his downtime. But his daughter, Adia, who borrowed her father’s car, may have made her passengers feel like VIPs since the black Honda she uses was sporting official congressional license plates.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, If you can't see the difference between what is being tried with President Trump vs. others, no need for me to waste more time. Seems hatred for President Trump outweighs most people's logic. Take care!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Clubber I’m tired of going back and forth on this subject it is my right as an American to disagree with you on Trump, you need to respect that I’m not interested in changing your mind but you seem intent to force your political beliefs on me, my personal opinion is you’re the one who is uniformed, but you have that right Take care of your self
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I think if you try just a little harder you might be able to change his mind.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    I'm confused, too. Suppose Trump dies in office and I'm caught pissing on his coffin. Would I be at risk of getting arrested? How 'bout if I was dancing on his coffin?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Why don't you move out of the country like all those libtard celebrities said they would do if he got elected. My bad. They didn't leave. Just a lot of big talk/hot air trying to look cool to their minions.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ this is the problem with you Trumpublicans, guy doesn’t like the president you want him to leave the country. That’s my problem with all of this crap, in my America there’s room for everyone, even if they’re idiots that voted for this fat fuck. ;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ You take things so literally. I was just making an analogy showing that you libtards are all hot air. I don't want him to leave the country because he doesn't like our President, I want him to leave because he's a douche. ^"in my America there’s room for everyone" No, there isn't !!! I didn't realize you were another ideologue that thinks we can support the entire world's population. How do you reconcile that with your previous comments about our national debt?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    You’re gonna make me rethink that, maybe you idiots that voted for that fat fuck should go back to Russia where the government agrees with y’all;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Woo hoo !!! I made someone consider changing their mind.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion