tuscl

Upscale, Mid-tier, Dive?

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
What is your favorite type of strip club to go to: upscale, mid-tier, or dive? Why?

41 comments

• GoVikings
    5 years ago
    dive.

why?

dives are typically raunchier. dives are also almost always BYOB clubs. dives have the type of vibe that the staff just doesn't give a fuck!

i like dat! :)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    1)Mid tier it’s comfortable to me, most often
    2) upscale clubs with a few friends, occasionally
    3) dives other friends choice also occasionally
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    When I started out strip clubbing, I wanted to see the hottest women. The kind of women who could pose in Playboy or FHM, so I preferred the most upscale strip club offerings. The problem was there was little value in these venues. The women knew they were so smoking hot that they did not need to be high mileage to make large sums of money. Also, these super fancy clubs always wanted to nickel and dime the hell out of you: valet parking, high cover charge, VIP rooms that are $500-$2000, lap dances that are $30-$50. What I also found crazy were some of these super fancy gentlemen's clubs required their ladies to be in dresses or gowns when walking on the floor because it was more classy. As a true Female Body Inspector, I hated seeing the dancers with so much clothing on.

After the first year or two of clubbing, I found my sweet spot to be the mid-tier clubs. They usually would have at least some 7+ dancers and offer more of a value experience. They were somewhere between an upscale place and a dive bar. I like when I do not have to pay more than $5 per beer and can get lap dances for $20-25 per song at most. The dress codes would be more lax than the uppity places. I could sometimes get away with wearing muscle shirts.

The problem I have had with the dives is that the women working at many I have visited tend to be the type of women that could not get hired at other clubs. Too fat, too ugly, too old, too much of a druggie. Dives in urban areas are way too ghetto for my liking. The only time I seem to enjoy dive strip clubs are the one in rural areas. If a strip club can make it in a small town, then it must be offering some type of value. It cannot survive without pulling in clientele from the larger geographic area. Women in rural areas just tend to be friendlier. The last time I hit a rural dive, the dancer chatted with me for 15 minutes before even asking if I wanted a dance.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    And some of the rural dives are great for drinking: no cover charges and $3-4 beers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I prefer midtier - raunchy enough w/o being too pretentious - typically not as thuggish as dives and some quality-control w.r.t. the talent (not as strict as the upscale clubs but not nonexistent as in many dives)
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Dive, or lower tier medium.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    sinclair that post summed things up nicely

i still stand by my vote for dives--but i will admit that generally speaking the girls at dives aren't as hot. however, i haven't noticed this at ALL dives, just some of them. one of the dives in my area that closed down use to have multiple strippers who were at least a 7 or higher on my scale. and personally-- i only need 2 or 3 strippers who i find hot to have a good time. but yeah, out of these 3 types of clubs-- i agree that a dive is the one that is most likely to have not that many, if any, hot girls

another reason i voted for dives is because they're cheaper
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    threads like this is when a poll feature would come in handy

founder---are you listening? lol :)
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i guess mid level. hk. synn coi. srcoi.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    GoVikings, agreed. You can find ladies at 7 or higher at some dives, but sometimes I can go to several in a row not finding a single dancer I'd even want to even bang after drinking a six-pack.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    lolol yeah sinclair---dives are very hit or miss
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    5 years ago
    Dives. I like raunchy, good-to-high mileage dances as I'm not as hard on looks compared to most TUSCLer's. Plus, looser restrictions in regards to rules and dress code also.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Could also be what one considers midtier and dive - for example I consider Follies to be midtier
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i forgot my favorite usa club.
    bare elegence lax. top tier.
  • ButterMan
    5 years ago
    I prefer upscale or mid no dives. probably for the typical reasons. Dives lack hot chicks. And I'm not really worried about extras I like to work on OTC possibiltes instead, Although I don't want air dances either.
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    Mid tier is definitely my comfort zone but high end and dives are fun to visit occasionally.
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    I love dives...

I need my dances to be raunchy plus an affordable VIP...

Only visit the upscale clubs when I’m in need of Eye Candy...

Might get dances from one or two strippers

But I hardly do vip in Upscale Clubs since they’re expensive...

I save my money for VIP during my visit to dives Clubs...
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @PapiChulo

I agree with you

I also consider Diamond Dolls Pompano Beach a Midtier Club...

I would consider Scarlett an Upscale Club...

Visited last time when my friend was having a birthday party...

Lots of smoking hot white girls...

But the Prices I was quoted for VIP was way too high & I didn’t feel like bargaining since I might get an unsatisfactory service even if she agreed to lower the prices...

My money is better spent else where i.e. Diamond Dolls Pompano Beach...
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Misterwonderful

I thought a single lap dance at Bare Elegance cost $50/dance...

That’s super expensive...

If I lived in LA I would never pay such amount of money for a single dance...

Still baffles me how Strippers at Bare Elegance manage to sell multiple dances to Customers...
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    i've never been there, but from what i've heard bare elegance is that club in which the dancers walk around the club nude. WOW! i wanna go there just for that. but yeah, from what i've heard, the dance prices at that club are insanely expensive.

@evasparkling-- i haven't been there, but from what i've heard/read, i think they have 2 for 1's at bare elegance
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @GoVikings

I also heard that Bare Elegance usually has a high number of hot naked ladies on any given night in LA.

I would also love to go just to see the dancers walk around the club nude...

That would definitely be fun but the dance prices are insane...

Would love to know if the 2 for 1’s dances are offered during a particular day/time OR Everyday...
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Some Bare Elegance reviews say that if you tell the dancer you wanna do the 2-for-1 that a good # of the dancers will
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ I assume how busy the club is and if dancers are having a hard time selling dances would play a role
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    That's a good question. The factors I consider most important to my SCing experience are...

- How hot the girls are.
    - What the mileage is.
    - How expensive it is.
    - How busy/large or not busy/small the club is.

Obviously we all want hotter girls and higher mileage. But another major part of how much I enjoy a club is that I want a club to be small and as empty as possible. I find large clubs kind of intimidating and I don't like a club where there's way too many people or the music is so loud its hard to talk to the girl. Now I feel that I'm spoiled because Richmond clubs are a heaven for introverted/relaxed SCing habits. Its easy to find mid-tier clubs here with plenty of hot girls, decent mileage, and a shockingly low amount of people. But on the flip side, we're expensive. To find a club that is small, cheap, with plenty of hot girls and high mileage would be amazing but also very unlikely. So instead you just have to balance all four of these interests.

I wouldn't want to go to a dive club because a major part of the SCing experience for me is being able to get with girls much hotter than I could ever get in real life. So I'll need the club to have at least a couple 7+ dancers working. There's also the safety aspect. I also might find issue with upscale clubs though because even if the girls are super hot, it could still be very busy, expensive, and low mileage. So personally, I'd say mid-tier clubs are the best because there's plenty of variation among mid-tier clubs. You can find mid-tier clubs that are relatively affordable, have a decent number of hot girls, allow enough mileage for fun to be had even if its no extras, and may or may not be particularly large or busy.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    As a dancer: somewhere that is either an established lap dance factory, or I can treat the place like one. I feel like there’s a wider range of options there. I guess I prefer a club that’s upper mid-tier or lower upscale.
    As a customer: I discovered my favorite club visit was one that had hookah. So I guess that’s a lower mid-tier?
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    When I walk into a club it becomes upscale.
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    I am probably most comfortable with the mid-tier clubs because they have the right mix of hot ladies and raunchiness, but some of my favorite clubs over the years have been dives. Certainly some of the best times I've had were in dives. But I have also been to plenty of dives I would have been better off avoiding. I don't remember offhand the last time I went anywhere upscale.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Depends on my mood. Dives are probably my favorite when I am looking for good sexual fun, but I do go to more mid tier clubs on average. Not a fan of upscale.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Lower mid-tier.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    LOL @jackslash
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Mid-tier most often.

That said, when Cheaters was open in Providence, I liked to go on occasion because on a Saturday night it was the closest you could get in real life to Cantina Scene in 'Star Wars'. Rarely got dances, though.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    Mid-tier and dives for me. I feel like my money is not well spent in upscale clubs so I’m not really enjoying myself in those places even if the eye candy is better.
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    My experience is similar to Sinclairs. I used to stick with upper shelf clubs exclusively but find I have a much better experience in mid-tier. I go to dive clubs on rare occasion.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I’m not a dive guy. Definitely Mid-tier. I would like to go more upscale but I need to start making more money. There aren’t any ritzy club near me though atm.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Mid-tier- Has best balance of reasonably attractive dancers, high mileage, clean without being too snooty. Just so were all on the same page, My examples of high end clubs would be Lodge or Mens Club Dallas (though some NYC clubs may epitomize high end), mid tier something like Brass Flamingo- Indy, or 2001 Odyssey- Tampa, dive something like Union Jack or Mary's- Portland.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Dive, definitely. Without all the pretense, there's more room for fun. Upscale clubs usually don't have much for me, either in dancer talent or dance experience.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    I prefer the “blowjob from a reasonably attractive, relatively drug free girl for a reasonable price” tier.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    mostly mid-tier, but occasionally I crave a dive. I don't like high-priced dances or mens room attendants.
  • lick-that
    5 years ago
    It's been a while...

Def dive-Mid for me. Is it just me or are upscale clubs just Boring. Like. I can't do more than 30 minutes, I'm ready to go.

Mid-tier if it's a really mixed club, if not, it's usually trying to be upscale.

You have to get to know your dive. Once you have the right ones where you're comfy at, the girls are around-the-way but decent still, it can be good hunting grounds.
    My 2c
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    One thing I like about midtier and dive clubs is their loser dancer requirements - i.e. for many the ideal of beauty is a skinny chick - I prefer curvy voluptuous women and can't stand going to a club where it's either all small tits or fake tits and you cant' find a nice pair of big natural tits to save your life - e.g. often times in upscale clubs many if not most of the dancers have fake-tits which is usually a deal-breaker for me personally - it's usually not common for a skinny-chick to be curvy and/or voluptuous so they often get curves w/ after-market parts thus many upscale clubs it's often skinny-chicks w/ fake tits and not enough variety for those like me not into that look - midtier and dive clubs can have more variety, mainly w.r.t. dancer-shapes, b/c of their loser requirements, and that works better for me.
  • theDirkDiggler
    5 years ago
    A little too late to this discussion, but i find that the level of club (mid-tier, upscale or dive) tends to have little effect on value besides the nickel and diming found at upscale clubs (often mandatory valet, bathroom troll, usually higher cover although some clubs waive this with phone/yelp apps). The drinks are a bit or quite a bit more expensive, but i hardly drink at all at clubs, and non-alcoholic drinks at that. But all the clubs in my general area and even outside of it that i've gone to have had relatively similar dance prices ($20-$30) and VIP prices ($300-$500 per half-hour/hour) regardless of level, except that most dives don't have VIPs.

But i haven't been able to find sub $20 dances (and even at $20, almost always topless only) anywhere except on promotional dance days (Mondays at Industrial Strip in Hammond, IN, Mondays at Daisy Dooks in Davenport, IA, Tuesdays at PoleKatz in Bridgeview, IL, Wednesdays and Thursdays at Southern Comfort in Davenport, IA, Thursdays at Gold Room in Stone Park, IL, Wednesdays at 390 at Chicago Heights, IL), promotional dance specials (2-for-1s), early bird or happy hour periods (390 and PoleKatz, although dances are considerably truncated at 390 as well as on their Wednesday promotion so it's just a gimmick rather than any real savings) or stacked dances (2 for $25 or 5 for $50-$60 at Heavenly Bodies in Elk Grove, but they're barely over two minutes long and only topless and one-way contact). Even the only two straight up dives i can think of (Jimmy's in Chicago Heights and Lampliter in Ottawa, IL) have $20 topless dances with no extras available. Lampliter doesn't even have decent mileage as you can basically only grope some ass. Jimmy's dances are barely 3 minutes. Then there's all those lingerie bars and lounges (i guess these count as dives, but i don't consider them SCs) where the "dancers" don't take anything off and you basically pay $10 a song for essentially front room groping.

Another thing to consider is that without VIPs, or even a dedicated chump station (as many of the dives have dances just right out in the open) there's usually less "privacy" for any "real" fun. I'm not even talking necessarily extras, but any high mileage. Dancers are usually a lot more shy with other dancers and PLs watching, let along with security/management/bouncers or other staff. I guess i forgot a couple mid-tier central Illinois clubs in Kappa Gentleman's Club in Kappa, IL and Pulse in Peoria IL, where the VIPs were unusually "cheap" at $150-$300 per half-hour/hour, but the regular dances were still $30. So you either had to gamble on one girl or "test" her out at those high prices. But i haven't been to those clubs in years, and my understanding is that they've gone noticeably downhill...

I think i've seen similar discussions before, and my take was that the only reason i really spent little money at dives was because i found nothing to spend money on and i wasn't about to spend money just for the sake of spending money. If i find a hottie at a dive, and that seems to be a big if these days, she almost never sticks around long enough to even make her a favorite. Even the mid-tier clubs seem to have very high turnover. Not that the upscale clubs don't have high turnover, but they seem to keep their girls a bit longer, and the hotter ones, unless the management is retarded.

So in my anecdotal situation, to have the most fun with the hottest girls available usually requires an upscale club (like Atlantis in Ford Height, IL) or a mid-tier club with upscale options (Club 390). The dance prices are also the same as most of the other clubs, although there is no "cheaper" option at Atlantis where all dances $30, but on weekends, they're slightly longer than average. These clubs are still pricey as hell, but there seems to be no getting around that. I mean i wish they had a Tuesday special like PoleKatz, but alas... The only other reason i can think of is if a club had great stage shows and "great" nowadays seems to be very few and far between these days. The former Skybox in Harvey, IL (a dive to mid-level club) used to have the best stage shows probably in the state, and the Admiral in Chicago (a wannabe upscale club) no longer has stage nudity, not that their stage shows were that good to begin with. Now there's just the mid-tier Silver Slipper in Ottawa, IL, the mid-tier High Heel Saloon in Somonauk, IL and the Davenport clubs (the divey Southern Comfort and the mid-level Daisy Dooks). Kappa Gentleman's Club, back when it was called Kappa Kabanna used to have hot lesbian shows. But after a raid some 10+ years ago, there was no more of that. Never been to the make-it-rain black clubs and probably never will.

But otherwise, there is absolutely no value for me to go to a dive, unless the comfort aspect of the atmosphere is that important, like a Cheer's with strippers vibe, or i only have a budget of 10-20 dollars and have no plans for getting dances to begin with or i enjoy the unusual experience of walking into a club and staying there for an hour and walking out without spending a single dollar (that has happened). So my favorite isn't based necessarily on the type of club, but on the "quality" of girls available and the fun available with them as the prices are relatively the same despite a very different range of fun, anywhere in my neck of the woods.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion