• JimGassagain
    5 years ago
    Aren’t you Jewish?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    You too Jackie
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    Passover. This is the one where Christians celebrate that one time (of many) that their god killed a bunch of kids, this time because he was pissed off at their parents’ ruler, right?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Back at ya.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Shut up George
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    At least "25" didn't add "and Happy Easter to the rest of you schmucks."
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    I like to pass over places that don’t have a good SC scene
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    And too you as well, 25. :-)
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Back at ya 25
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    Same to you 25.
  • Aw thx u too:))
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Passover. This is the one where Christians celebrate that one time (of many) that their god killed a bunch of kids, this time because he was pissed off at their parents’ ruler, right?" Close, except substitute Jews for Christians and you'll have it right. Though fear not GMD, 25 is much more likely to be actively celebrating Easter with his Gentile grandchildren. No doubt he will be eating Easter dinner with them and marveling at what they got in the Easter baskets. ;)
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^An Easter ham no doubt. ☺
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Is it necessary to be a jerk all of the time or can neither of you two help yourselves.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    All tongue in cheek 25 - don't be so sensitive. ;) Look, I get it. It's very hard being an observant Jew in modern America, especially when you are in professional settings surrounded by Gentiles. The dietary restrictions alone make it hard to easily work and socialize. Then there are the many holiday observances with their unique requirements, like Passover, which essentially requires 8 days of an Atkins diet. Heck, just having to be home by sundown on Friday can be more than many can deal with, especially during the winter months. And who wants to walk around all day with a kippah on his head? But it's been sad to watch the slow death of modern American Judaism. Some estimate that, 50 years from now, about the only American Jews left will be small communities of Orthodox and Hasidic Jews, since most of the rest are intermarrying and not passing their faith on. Indeed, what's even sadder is that Jews who marry Gentiles are not only abstaining from truly raising their kids in the Jewish faith, but all too often don't want their kids raised in their partners' faiths either, giving the kids no religious foundation at all. It is what it is I suppose.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    But to show I'm a good sport, chag Pesach sameach 25.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    “except substitute Jews for Christians” Ah, that’s right. Moses is Old Testament. That part of the Bible that many Christians say no longer applies since Christ “died” for their sins. Unless it’s about gay people. *Then* it matters.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Like I said can’t control that impulse to be jackasses my wish was to all even both of you idiots it seems that ignorance is bliss for the two of you so here goes gutten shabbot, chag sammesh enjoy your holiday what ever god you believe or don’t believe in.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    @25, you mean gutten shabbos or shabbat if you are being very formal, no? Also, where did sammesh come from? Idk dude but I'm starting to question your bona fides here. You did the same not long ago with a version of treif (you said trefe) that is rarely used except by those with heavy German ancestry. Just sayin.' @GMD: You've shared your disdain for organized religion in the past and I get it, but there are also tremendous benefits to it, especially for children. Idk if you have children, but if so you may have done them a tremendous disservice in life if you raised them with that much anger towards others' beliefs.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Sammesh is Yiddish for festival or holiday, question all you like goyesha kopf
  • JimGassagain
    5 years ago
    My wife’s orthodox Catholic, and it’s to a point I can’t walk into the room with her in it and not feel guilty. I guess I always feel the guilt around her, but I still love her to death with how great of a job she does in raising my 5 children. I will say one thing though, religion does provide a strong base and structure into faith building, an exercise everyone needs at different points in life, which I feel is a necessary basic in a child’s life. Thomas Jefferson, a sworn atheist and founding father, agreed to leave “In God We Trust” because he knew humans needed that type of faith during tough times which were sure to be met. To each their own! Shabbat shalom, or however you spell it , I’m not sure. I’m just praying for my next nap to come soon after a dose of food coma from leftover takeout.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    You do you twentyfive. Doesnt matter what anyone else says
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Shut up George
  • JimGassagain
    5 years ago
    What’s mezzanine fanook mean? Or un gotz un gul ! I never knew what those Italians were telling me after asking for extra sauce on my pasta?
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    @25: "Chag" is the word for holiday in Yiddish and "sameach” is the word for happy. I'm guessing you're throwing this stuff down on the screen based upon your phonetic recall of the words that you may have heard many moons ago when you once attended shul.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "I will say one thing though, religion does provide a strong base and structure into faith building, an exercise everyone needs at different points in life, which I feel is a necessary basic in a child’s life." Agreed Jim. I see some kids grow up without it and it really saddens me. One of my daughters has a close friend who is a product of an interfaith couple (which of course means no faith) and she asked to join us one Sunday morning. Her mother said yes and the little girl loved it, more than anything I'm sure because she got to hang out with my little girl longer. But when her father (an agnostic who was once Jewish) found out he flipped, so she is no long allowed to go with my daughter. Instead she has nothing, which to me is sad.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ your Christian principles seem strong ( take your pick sarcasm or irony)
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I was raised in a Catholic household. Did Sunday school and vacation bible stuff once a week. Attended mass regularly back then and even particpated in choir. I went to a Catholic middle and high school. I’ve gone to Church and participated in a few socials with other Chistian denominations when friends have invited me. It sure did me a bunch of good. Happy Easter :)
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I should start wearing a rosary when I go to work.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ and nothing else would answer a lot of prayers;)
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    I’ll refrain from derailing this thread any further. If anyone wants to discuss my anti-religious stuff, feel free to start a thread.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    spice, Is that why you are such a little devil ?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @GMD I don’t care if you’re anti or pro religion the purpose of this thread was good will, you don’t need to be religious to appreciate the sentiment, you’re free to believe as you wish, there’s nothing here from me that undermines your right to your own beliefs.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    This discussion got out of control quickly! Wow! I haven’t been active much lately - and I noticed most discussions are either SJG’s novels or Nicole and her rants about guys. Oh - and IceyLoco and his odd ideas.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    @nice: Many or even a majority lapse, especially during those unencumbered 20s. But a fair % choose to return when they have children and/or some difficult life event. That's the beauty of being raised Catholic. You may walk away for some time and even resent it for a time, but you are still always welcome when you need it. Can't say that the whole rosary bead thing in the club is such a horrible idea either. ;)
  • JimGassagain
    5 years ago
    This sounds great, but nobody has responded to whether they are going to a club today! I bet those that do get higher mileage from strippers without families. What say you?
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    True JimGassagain - I’ve gotten significant mileage on Easter at several clubs. My first Easter at a club - I was amazed at the amount of pussy available.
  • BigDickSammy_
    5 years ago
    "I should start wearing a rosary when I go to work." Yes, and the Catholic School Girls Outfit... Hella sexy
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion