tuscl

What is up with all the short reviews

GrayFox
Here we go again
Why are all these short saying nothing reviews being accepted? They tell you nothing about the club or price of the dances, drinks layout of club.
It looks like the same people approving them.
More information about the club!

27 comments

• amorgaudium
    5 years ago
    Agreed, they are all community driven now though, so go over to unpublished reviews and deny the bad ones
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Don’t complain about it. Go over and do something about it. I reject many reviews. One review had the potential to be good, so I rejected it with comments to the writer on how he should rewrite for submission. In other words, do your part to accept or reject.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Also, if you see a particular reviewer green lighting a bunch of trash reviews, send a message about it to Founder.

It's up to him whether or not he intervenes, but at least he's aware.
  • GrayFox
    5 years ago
    I have been rejecting short reviews but so many are getting approved
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Does it enter into anyone's approval/rejection thought process if they, themselves, have visited the club?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ absolutely the majority of the reviews I approve/reject are places I’ve been, occasionally I’ll see a review that’s so obviously fake I’ll reject it even though I haven’t visited a particular club.
  • lotsoffun201
    5 years ago
    I tend to reject the short reviews as not enough details, but once in a while there is some useful info like it was closed or there was some drama that the board may like to know about
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ agree
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    If you guys notice, a lot of the reviews are being approved by the same people. I see the name dickydoo2 a LOT, same with Rick714. Their names are on a lot of reviews that seem subpar to me.

https://www.tuscl.net/app/rev.php?id=350…. This is one such review. Says a whole lot of nothing, as I even posted in the comments. Sure enough, the name dickydoo2 on the list of reviewer approvers.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    ^^^^agree. Saw this one, not sure if I rejected it or passed over it. (Just) enough words, but no useful information.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I tend to only accept/reject reviews for clubs I have some familiarity with.

I don't read the many HK TJ reviews because I'm not interested in a slum brothel.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    https://www.tuscl.net/app/rev.php?id=352…

One of those grey area reviews. Review basically says a dollar goes a long way, they have a hot tub, and a girl was pleasured with a drill dildo that made her squirt over the audience.

Interesting, but is it acceptable as a good review? I'd have rejected it as I'd want a little more info. Once again I see those same two names in the approvers column that I mentioned earlier.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^for the review to make such a bold claim in the title that the club is better than HK I'd want more info than just what he posted.
  • Rick714
    5 years ago
    I approve many but not all of the short reviews. My feeling is that it’s better to have the short reviews giving one’s opinion usually once fully and understandably approved for publication to expand the knowledge that there really accumulated on these clubs
  • Rick714
    5 years ago
    That’s a fast trigger on the post button. What I was trying to say I feel it’s better to have a larger number of reviews which would tell more information about the clubs then a shorter list a longer reviews. The writers opinion would come across it each individual review short or long. This is a vast wealth of information that you’ve utilized and not simply tossed away. Therefore I approve almost all reviews except he knows that or we coherent or Factually wrong
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @rick714

A larger number of good reviews is the goal for the site, rejecting a review with constructive comments for improvement is better than just approving everything.

Like @TPF mentioned for just a bold claim, the reviewer should back it up with more info and opinion.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Rick715 so after 6 months here you’re basically just green lighting everything you’ve obviously paid for your membership. You have no reviews yourself, explain to us why we should trust you as a review approver, are these clubs you are familiar with, I doubt it, I think you’re just a shill.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    A smaller # of good reviews is preferable to a larger # of poor reviews - quality over quantity - it sucks to have to read 20 reviews of a club in order to get a clear picture of the club
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ absolutely
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    There do seem to be a handful of avid approvers - not saying all avid approvers approve bad-reviews, but seems some of them approve just about anything
  • Clubber
    5 years ago

We're on the same page. Papi also, I agree with, quality over quantity.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi,

Maybe it makes them feel "powerful" and they need that. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Some TUSCLers state they prefer to not approve reviews of clubs they have not been to or don't know.

I think the opposite is also valid/more-valid - i.e. I believe reviews should be written from the POV of someone who's never been there so they can learn about the club - yet too many reviewers seem to write reviews from the POV of those that already know the club and will say things like "so and so has already been covered in previous reviews (layout, prices, etc)" and the review is just about them.

IMO approving a review of a club IDK is the way to go b/c not knowing the club means I can tell when the reviewer is leaving out pertinent info - i.e. if I read a review of a club I already know I may not notice the reviewer does not mention prices or mileage since I already know it - seems too many reviewers write reviews with the frame of mind that everyone already knows what the club is about b/c it's been reviewed before.
  • 501traveler
    5 years ago
    Rick714 as you have never written and submitted a review yourself, why not take the time and try reading the review guidelines before you just go ahead and approve anything that someone posts. The the guidelines are there to let posters know what is needed for a good review.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    If it's interesting and/or informative and/or just plain fun to read, I'll accept it, as long as it doesn't contradict what I happen to know. I don't care much about the layout of the club, etc., I really only care about the overall experience with the dancers. Strangely, it appears that a lot of you are "rule followers," and just want the guidelines followed. If a review is short I want it to have at least one pithy or juicy piece of information. If it's long I want it to be broken up into small paragraphs.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Yesterday I rejected three short reviews. They briefly discussed the author's experience, but described nothing regarding number of dancers, layout, atmosphere, prices, etc. I had absolutely no idea of whether I wanted to go to that club and what to expect if I did. I do not know if the author was seeking free VIP or just lazy, nor do I care. It is not about following the rules, but about providing quality information that other posters can use when deciding which clubs to visit.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    The short reviews must be from the short bus
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion