tuscl

Why I Choose To Work As A Stripper Despite Being A Magna Cum Laude College Gradu

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"A few years ago, I graduated with honors from a prestigious private university where I had received a full-tuition scholarship. And for over two years, I have been working as a stripper."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/college-g…

26 comments

• Icey
    6 years ago
    definitely not the norm.... I don't like these types of stories, they're not realistic in any way. they're similar to the myth of the happy hooker, the rich panhandler or the wealthy welfare queen....
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    True, you’re not likely to find this kind of girl in a strip club, but it makes a sexy, provocative, story. This kind of girl is more common in the sugaring world, where she can probably make more money with less aggravation. I don’t see anything wrong with intelligent girl taking advantage of her looks. As long as she understands that stripping has a shelf life and that the expiration date is probably sooner than she thinks.
  • reverendhornibastard
    6 years ago
    I have met hundreds of strippers during my decades as a monger. I can’t say what percentage of them were intelligent and what percentage were imbeciles. But I can say that 99% were academically unaccomplished and probably had limited opportunities to earn a good living in a more traditional job.

I can count all the strippers I met who stood out for their high intelligence and/or for their education achievements on my fingers (with a few fingers left to spare).
  • BGSD3100
    6 years ago
    Translation. She got a degree from an on-line university where everyone "graduates" with honors. She worked for a few years as an office manager for an insurance agent, got tired of sleeping with him but not seeing raises or promotions, so she quit, couldn't find another job, started stripping and soon found that she could make more money providing extras OTC.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    I mean honestly no matter what profession they are in I just think stripping on a Friday night somewhere if your hot is great idea. We see a price of how much they make because we are the ones paying it. That’s good money, they just have to be smart about it.
  • gSteph
    6 years ago
    Interesting (if true). I for one like the fact that I club in a college town, without the college type dancers, there would only be stripper type dancers, and the resulting variety suits me.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I call stripper shit.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    A lot of girls in strip clubs have experience with corporate American and office jobs. Several I have known come to mind. Some have college degrees.

For one thing, the office job still might not pay that much. They might start dancing just Fri and Sat night. Better than sitting home. These are fun girls. Maybe no UHM, but still enjoying what they do, and the money too.

Then maybe they get laid off, so they change to full time stripping, and they like it, and it pays.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Also a lot of girls like the above are better at talking to guys, so they go over well, and some guys really like them.

SJG
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I'm guessing she's under 25 with a non STEM degree.

In a couple years she will be sick of stripping and she will move on. Good for her cashing in on her youth
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ !!!

SJG
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Just like most strippers, by the time she will want to stop stripping she will be too spoiled and addicted to the freedom she won’t be able to give the lifestyle up. She will probably own a house and car and have a few bucks in the bank by the time she in her 40s before she realizes she either needs a real job or opts to go the day shift route for another 20 years...
  • BrotherFogHorn
    6 years ago
    ^ everything will be okay little buddy. The devil will soon be here to take you out of this server
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    How can a stripper own a house? They can't even rent on their own coz they don't have a work history/pay stubs/etc

Its a shit job women do coz they feel they have no other options. Whether its because of an addiction, lack of education or skills, lack of job opportunities, etc. Stories like this try to literally white wash it, sort of like how sugaring literally white washes prostitution.
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    @IceyLoco a wealthy welfare queen is called a jew.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    No need for stereotypes like that
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The story seemed a bit sanitized in that it was all upside and no downside.

But she makes some good points - she seems she found a niche that suits her - just like the SC game is a good fit for many PLs, perhaps the same can be said for certain dancers in that it's a good-fit vs a last-resort - corporate America can be tough and not everyone is cut out for it, seems many people are slaves to their jobs and just endure it for years/decades on end.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There's something to be said for sorta being your own boss, and having more free time (or any free time) to do things one enjoys.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    In 11 years of dating strippers and strip clubbing, I've only known one girl who made it. A gorgeous Indian girl who saved up to buy a Subway franchise in Manhattan, then expanded to some pizza franchises, a bakery... She had a business degree, zero debt.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    I hate articles like this, it could absolutely be total fiction.
  • Book Guy
    6 years ago
    "Why I chose to be a strip-club patron despite being a magna cum laude college graduate"
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^^ :) :) :)

SJG
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    The articles written by strippers for women's sites are always sanitized. They play into the fantasy women have that strippers make tons of money for taking their clothes off and their personalities, not for grinding on guys erections.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    LOL @ Book Guy
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Yeah, its bs, its like what Pretty Woman is to prostitution.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ !!!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion