tuscl

Pesos or dollars

Countryman5434
I entered the dragon and was never the same
Monday, April 1, 2019 2:41 PM
To all you tj mongers do you use pesos or dollars. I am thinking about using pesos to save money.

19 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    Euros.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    你疯了兄弟
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Euros? Not interested in fkk
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Check what it costs to exchange currency and compare it with that.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I was in TJ once and nobody had trouble using USD. If you go to an ATM there you will be given pesos. The vendors in the market place liked USD better than Pesos. I was in Encenada about 70 miles south of TJ and it was the same there.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I only use dollars. I don't want to have to think about what is the conversion amount each time I am negotiating with a girl. I also don't want to have to convert everything back when I come home. Yes, you probably will get better prices if you pay in pesos. But everything is so dang cheap anyway. It's just not worth the trouble to convert the currency.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I don't think the ladies at the Inner Room would like to get pesos.
  • SanchoRG
    5 years ago
    I use dollars for the same reason I don’t clip coupons
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Why don't you clip coupons?
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Chiclets. The red ones are worth more than the orange ones,
  • BrotherFogHorn
    5 years ago
    ^ you can't use chicklets. Your dead. You shoulda cum to confessions before it was too late
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I just use dollars. The savings to me don't seem worth it and it's easier to see if you're getting value or not. Compare going arriba for 1900 pesos? Is it a good value? What about $150?
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    tj street girls understand pesos. few understand dollars.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ That alone is an excellent reason to use pesos.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=…

SJG
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    TJ girls understand pesos better than you do and therefore have an advantage in negotiation. Go with dollars.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    I think the "savings" in trying to convert peso for dollars is lost while mongering (maybe too much blood shifting).

For example a few months ago, a bargirl offered arriba at $80, but when I said I only had pesos it ended up being $88.

If I'm trying to save money, I cut my expenses not worrying about the conversion rate.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I run the numbers and make a note of it... and then try to remember to look at my note.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    lately it’s been between 18 and 20 peso to one dollar.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    The Mexican paper money comes in 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 peso bills. since I use both pesos and dollars i usually start out with $100 worth of pesos. which now last me a few trips.
    A few months ago the clubs exchange rate raised to 18 to 1 and some clubs 19 to 1. so it’s easier right now to use dollars for the clubs. but usually it’s a better deal to use pesos with the street girls and the taco carts.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion