tuscl

Orange Vanilla Coke

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
They are pushing it hard in March Madness commercials. It sounds disgusting to me. Am I just not in the demographic they are aiming at?

24 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Seems like a desperate attempt at a new product - sounds nasty but sometimes weird shit like that turns out to be good - but usually they are reaching and it flops.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Orange, Vanilla Coke?

Give me a fucking break!

Why the hell can’t somebody come out with a new carbonated soft drink featuring the great taste of Worcestershire sauce?
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Sales of sodas in general are going way down as the country gets healthier. They are trying everything possible to get back the market share that they’ve lost to water and seltzer.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    ... every timeout that orange vanilla coke ad is there - annoying
    it better be good.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Does it taste like fruit cups? If so I will buy stock in it
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    It's delicious
  • ButterMan
    5 years ago
    I have tried it and Its nasty and way too sweet.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    My 10 yo grand daughter did not like it.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Some gas stations have long had vanilla and fruit flavor add ins for their drinks. It seems like this kind of thing is getting more popular—the soda machine on my college campus allows for flavor add in to all the drinks too. Do you could have something like this.

As an armchair sociologist, my guess is the more “out there” you are—the more you can claim uniqueness of yourself as a person.

(But the actual cool unique kids buy the soda brands: Jones, Maine Root, and Ramune)
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    i love cherry coke.

and yeah ive seen the different flavor machines at the movies and stuff.

Peach Sprite is one of my favorites
  • PhredJohnson
    5 years ago
    Soda shops when I was a kid (1950s) in NJ would add flavors to Coke: vanilla and cherry were most popular. Never heard of orange though. O-V coke does sound nasty though
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Best soda if y’all like good tasting soda is Dr Browns black cherry close second is their cel-Ray flavor. Tastes delicious and kicks coke or pepsi’s ass
  • sweetjamesjones
    5 years ago
    My local grocery store was giving a can away free through it’s app so I gave it a try. I hated it. Way to too sweet. I’ll stick to cherry coke.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    I rarely drink soda any more. They did have a brand of sodas at a gas station chain here that was made from pure cane sugar. It was really good.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    orange may go batter with a creme soda
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Orange cream soda sounds bomb
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    I guess the one I've had is Orange Vanilla Coke Zero. The fake sugar may mitigate the sweetness
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    Orange Vanilla Coke is horrible. It will be off the market in less than a year.
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    It's not terrible, but it's not great either. I am not going out of my way for it.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Even if it does taste great, you don't market it as a flavored Coke product. It hurts the Coke brand IMO.

They should have developed a sub brand for these flavored products under the Coke umbrella.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    A sub brand is a great idea
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    I think its the first product to come out of those "Freestyle" machines they have in fast food joints and the like now. You know, the ones where they have the various flavors in the machine and you can mix/match. They store that data and did some analysis to found a lot of people making Orange-Vanilla-Coke & Cherry Sprite. So naturally they took that info and made a bottled product to match. I'll be interesting to see how successful it is, particularly with all the eyes on how data is being collected/used these days.

I've not tried it yet, but I may grab a bottle next time I'm at a gas station. Maybe I'll waste some cash on a powerball ticket & a soda while I'm waiting for the tank to fill.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    It sounds like it could be either fantastic, or disgusting.

Personally, I’ve taken a liking to diet Mountain Dew with a bit of peach add-in at the local gas station. Did it by mistake one time and liked it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion