tuscl

what do you guys like to cook? not grill!

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
love veggie and chicken recipes.

28 comments

• jsully63
    6 years ago
    Anything stir fry. Spaghetti sauce.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I learned to cook some Persian food before... My estamboli polo and khoreshte bademjaan are pretty good. I can also make a great chicken curry, bolognaise sauce, braised beef for tacos...
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    And ginger garlic shrimp, vietnamese garlic noodles...
  • bang69
    6 years ago
    I love to grill. Which reminds me I need to get some propane for my grill. Ty Nicole for reminding me
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Propane? Why ruin good meat?

Amateur
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    I made homemade tortellini 2 days ago. I cooked prosciutto slices in butter, added frozen peas, heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese, then stirred in the cooked tortellini and a little parsley. A heart attack on a plate but does it taste good.
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    always trying something new. whatever i feel like i find a good recipe
  • Do u guys wanna cook for me
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    since when is grilling not cooking?
    I love my bacon wrapped hot dogs!
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    its not considered cooking
  • bang69
    6 years ago
    I love to make stir fry. Chicken, Venison, Veg, Steak
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I have a big green egg xl outside to grill and smoke on. In the past couple years I have been exploring the sous vide, I love it. I have won a KCBS sponsored pulled pork contest, 2nd place in a national recipe contest for marlows, 1st place in a local chili contest, so I'm not bad. I'm trying to work on some desserts now.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I like to take a nice tuna steak, sear it in a cast iron skillet and finish it briefly in the oven. The Steak is then placed on a bed of baby field greens with a balsamic vinegarette and drizzled with my home made honey/mustard sauce.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    skibum, have you tried the sous vide?
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    sous vide's are great, except for when you sear it afterwards doesn't get as thick of a crust
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    I can grill almost anything. I love grilled food, especially steaks and BBQ pork ribs.

In the kitchen, my specialties include homemade red sauce, chicken parm, beef stew, meatloaf, chicken stew, habanero chili, and pot roast cooked with a red wine sauce. I can also cook a lot of the more pedestrian stuff, like breaded chicken pieces and pork chops, baked seasoned chicken, virtually any type of oven roasts, and almost anything that can be fried up in a pan. Almost everything is from scratch, but I sometimes need to add a little beef broth to my beef stew as I do not have natural beef stock on hand. I have yet to make a good pan gravy, but eventually I will take the time to learn how to do that as well.

So I am a decent cook to be sure, but Mrs. Dugan puts me to shame with her culinary skills, especially when she bakes desserts or makes more complex dishes. Like I always say to my kids, if you can cook, you will always live rich. Raw food is cheap, especially when you work the store sales and freeze.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Dad I have not. I am actually a shitty cook except for breakfast and 8 dinner things lol
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I don’t cook a lot except for on the grill, but I’m great at heating leftovers.
  • CC99
    6 years ago
    Pizza.
  • CC99
    6 years ago
    And pasta.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    My favorite thing is breakfast foods. Eggs, home fries, pancakes, french toast, fried egg sandwiches, breakfast burritos,
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i can boil hotdogs ok. thank goodness for condiment packages.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I don't have a problem getting a great sear after sous vide. I can honestly say I have not grilled a steak in 2 years. I sous vide to 125 degrees for an hour then slather it in butter, then sear it in a cast iron skillet. a perfect medium rare every damn time
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    I can bake a mean Michael Angelos Lasagna. The directions on the box say bake for 60 minutes, but I bake for 62 minutes. I like living on the edge
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    @gawker sounds good, but you should add some onions to the recipe. Best way to prepare them is to slice them real thin with a razer so it melts into the dish
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    Pizza, hamburgers, spaghetti, meatloaf, baked potatoes, eggs but some of those items I haven't cooked in years. I cook a pizza and fries 2 or 3 times a month. Sometimes I toast hot dog buns in the toaster and microwave turkey or cheese hot dogs. Tastes good and takes less than 2 minutes.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    If I want lasagna, then walmarts great value lasagna is very filling but takes an hour to cook.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion