tuscl

What do you consider a lot of money to spend on a date? Real date...not P4P

Icey
I put your ATF on a winning team
Sunday, February 24, 2019 11:13 AM
I know girls I could easily blow $1000 on and they'd still ask for money to get their hair and nails done at the end of the date.
Then there are those who think you're amazing for spending $300 for the night.
Then those who act uncomfortable with you spending more than $100
And the girls who are happy with fast food or cheap Mexican food, weed, cruising, the beach...

41 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Are you talking 1st date with a girl or some special occasion ? Don't spend a lot on that 1st meeting. That is just a get to know you event. Do I like this person enough to devote some of my time with. If you spend a lot on your dates, then the girl is going out with you because of that, not because she wants to spend time with you. Now, if it's a special occasion, then I might spend a few hundred. Her birthday, etc. But just a date, go cheap. You want to find out if she likes you.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I have a hard time finding the kind of girl I like to go out for a date. that 50 year difference in age tends to be an issue sometimes.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    6 years ago
    In a “real date”;

You must take into account your personal finances, monthly income, and what you feel comfortable spending. If she is in your league physically, economically, culturally, socially, racially, etc etc, you don’t have to spend more than your income allows.

Remember, your date is not about a price tag; it's about the experience shared. Spending a lot of money on the date is not important or necessary. What is important is that you and her create a memorable experience for you both that will help strengthen your future relationship.
  • reverendhornibastard
    6 years ago
    I don’t mind splurging on a date. In my experience, the more you splurge ON your date the more you can expect to splooge IN your date.

If it was a long weekend, I’ve taken dates to Cozumél, Key West, Malibu and Bali (when I was living in that part of the world) and stayed in some fancy, boutique hotels. The investment paid off handsomely and I still have some mouth-watering photos to prove it!

That was my Golden Era.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Some really nice restarants downtown, generally for under $200, that make for great dates. But agree with @CJ that the price tag doesn't matter if you have the right chemistry.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    If we’re at the movies and she even looks at the concession stand I know my budget for the week is tanked. Really? Soda, popcorn, AND candy?
  • ime
    6 years ago
    If you are blowing a grand on a first date you are a fucking trick.
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    $10
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I know its about the experience and not the price.

It was just a question.

Spending $1000 isn't that hard. Say you get good tickets to a concert or show on a special occasion, that alone can be like $600 to $800. Dinner and then drinks afterwards...

What I've noticed is even dinner at a midrange restaurant will come out to around like $120....

Also factor in the price of weed for the date.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    6 years ago
    “I think the best sex you have is sex when you are sober...If you have to take a drug to have better sex, then you should probably find a new partner or learn your body a little better.” ~ Joanna Angel

You can cook for her; go to a festival, picnic at the beach, etc, the good girls appreciate the effort the time the dedication and don’t care about the money, as long as you have the potential and show signs of being a good provider.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    You're right. I'm old fashioned, if I really like a girl, I like "courtship" but she has to be special.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Which do you think is better, spending money on the girl, or just handing money to her?

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I see consumerism as a bottomless pit. So I do not want to be doing much consumer recreation. Rather, find other things to do.

SJG
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I just took a" real date" on a five day vacation to a resort........if that counts as one date it needs a comma.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    IceyLoco said "I'm old fashioned, if I really like a girl, I like 'courtship' but she has to be special."

Uh huh... "courtship"...

https://www.tuscl.net/app/discussion.php…
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    I actually agree with SJG on consumerism. Wow !
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    A first date, a regular date or a special occasion?

It has been well over a decade since I have been in the dating scene, but I didn't spend much more than $200 on a first date. Usually this was dinner and drinks.

A special occasion with a girl who I liked and wanted to impress, several hundred. My second date with my Mrs. was one of those.

A regular date? $200, especially if you aare seeing each other frequently.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    $100 would be a lot for a first date. Usually coffee or drinks has been my go to, with the option of a second location. Dinner is way too formal if the date is a dud.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Why pay for a date when you can get BJs for $0.50

That's 50 cents for those thinking I'm using some kind of stupid code.
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    ^^ are those blowjobs the ones you get in the slums of Kenya or Ethiopia?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Detroit
    A step down from Kenya and Ethiopia.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    DC9428 said "How do you even spend $200 on a simple dinner date?"

I'm going to pretend that you are not being intentionally obtuse...

Nice restaurant.
    Drinks and/or a bottle(s) of wine.
    More than one course.
    Dessert.

At a nice place (not necessarily high-end, just nice) it's not hard to hit $200 between two people.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @txtittyfag
    LMAO
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    That might be what you consider to be splurging, but not by most others. Particularly for a date.

I'm leaning back to thinking that you're being intentionally obtuse, because acting aghast at someone spending $200 or more on a dinner date is a bit too thick for anyone who has been reasonably exposed to pop culture and society.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    DC--I suggest you try to get tickets to old fogy rock---the Rolling Stones are about to tour again--look at the ticket prices.

Adel a couple of years ago was asking that type of coin for a seat......

As for dinner and drinks...I always thought DC stood for DC as in District of Columbia.....if it does I can hit 200 in the blink of an eye.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    For a first date...

Big Mac: $5
    Fries and coke: $3 upcharge
    Chocolate sundae: $1.50
    Tip: LOL

2 x $9.50 = $19
    + tax brings it to just over $20
    (but if all you have is a Jackson they will usually waive the extra amount if you ask nicely and say please.)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    $100 is quite a bit if you're taking a whore out to her favorite restaurant. Olive Garden and Red Lobster won't put you out too much.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    If tickets to a concert are $690-$800 don't take her to a concert.

Fucking moron.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Flagooner are you talking to yourself again....looking in a mirror perhaps? :-0

I'm talking about non P4P dates............Red Lobster or wherever you can get crab legs is the go to for dancers.........

PS I hate Olive Garden......
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @randumbtard
    If it is really nice they call it a restaurant or a ristorante. I've never seen it called a restarant. But maybe it's because I don't frequent the really, really nice establishments.

Fucking libtard.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @Flag-

Many famous men like Hemmingway, Einstein, and TxTittyFag are poor spellers.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
    Many retards are bad spellers too.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA5Zhir8… just outed himself..............
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Should read RM just outed himself.......
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    @DC, prices are high out here.

I remember one date, we had a glass of wine each, shared a kale salad and a small prosciutto pizza, came out to $70.

Really good tickets to say a Drake concert will cost you like $360. Go to Vegas and good tickets to a show are like $250 plus all the fees.

Even 2 drinks each and entrees at TGIF comes out to like $110.

If you take a girl to a trendy spot or a nicer restaurant, or a good sushi spot its easy to spend around $200 for dinner. Then you add parking to it, and if you get drinks afterwards...

Then there are the dates when I spent $14 at In N Out, or we can eat like royalty for under $25 at cheap Mexican places. And swap meet tacos....

I don't see that as being a trick. Its just expensive to live in some places.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    When you're dating someone you do stuff together, create memories, etc. Normal relationship stuff.
  • BGSD3100
    6 years ago
    If she's not getting her hair and nails done before the date, that's not a good sign for a long term future of the relationship
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Girls always do their hair, nails, makeup for nice dates. I even have girls doing it for movies and fast food.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Most of the restaurants in the DC area, Philadelphia area, and Baltimore ( mostly in the harbor area) are going to run you over 100 per person if you drink wine or mixed drinks.

Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh are a little less but still it isn't unusual to drop well over a 100-150.00 there.

Richmond--and I only bring this up because DC referenced at one time he lived in the area is in that 150-175.00 range at a high end restaurant.

For non-P4P these are the areas I go out on dates.

There are times you don't spend as much, especially if you are in a longer term relationship but anymore it's hard to go to the movies without spending 40.00 --and movies are one of the cheaper dates you can go on.

Last date I went on in Vegas was Copperfield and Yellowtail............throw in Uber and a few drinks at the hotel bar at the Wynn and you do the math.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Exactly, dating isn't cheap.

And even when you are in a relationship.... a movie and going to Chipotle comes out to like $70. The cheapest dates are to the beach, but even then parking is a bitch.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    What kind of restaurant was it?

If you don't drink alcohol it still comes up to more... you have to suggest getting dessert, an appetizer. Girls like that.

Bitches are an expensive hobby.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion