tuscl

So has the split discussion sections worked out? Just curious.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:24 PM
Wondering if Founder wanted more females and if he thinks it's a success. On a side topic, how many male posters do you think are pretending to be dancers to see what's going on in the dancer section? I feel confident one or 2 guys might have tried it. Probably more work than it used to be. I don't know though. Juice might be too busy playing poker to try it.

84 comments

• NJBalla
    5 years ago
    I don't know if it was increased the quality of posts, but it sure has cut down on the trolling.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Different folks, different opinions. I'm on board. Will it attract more dancers? Who knows? It's been less than a month. Bit too soon to start casting verdicts.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Too early to come to any conclusions, but right now it's working pretty nicely IMO. I spend relatively more time here -- the topics are more interesting, but more importantly, the conversation is more interesting -- but plenty of time in the Front Room, too. Some of the usual suspect trolls reacted to this by immediately trying to set up a divisive, us-vs-them between the rooms, I guess troll tactics 101, but both have their place so far
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    DC9428 are you talking about just the discussion area or the review section also? Reviews don't seem to be slower at all. Discussions seem slower, but that's because the trolling is at what seems to be an all time low. That's great news to me. It seems even SJG doesn't update his solo person topics as frequently. So in my opinion the split discussion boards are working. The dancer section we wouldn't really know about unless Nicespice clues us in on how it is in there. I suspect it's slow and it would take a long while until it picks up steam. If it ever does, that is.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Works great for me. Pretty much everything subraman said.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    DC, one would expect a drop off in posting activity when trolls go quiet. I guess I don't find that to be such a bad thing. Also, the VIP section is of course likely to be slower than the front room because less people can post in VIP. Also, to orion's point, who knows how many dancers will ultimately participate? This has just started and it will take time for things to develop. What I AM sure about is that dancers were not participating when it was a merged board with a troll shit show. What has been nice is seeing a few names who haven't posted much for some time finally decide to wade back in. Hopefully as time moves on, more dancers will develop comfort with the VIP section and choose to post. I know that I will be more comfortable with the notion of directing a few to this page once I'm sure that it's not going to become a troll fest.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Most dancers seemed interested when I mentioned the directory, with the exception of one individual who flamed it and decided this was a conspiracy by founder to track us all. I think more will eventually arrive. And will also likely meet with other members who don’t really use the discussion board either. Only a minority will be active on the board, whether it’s the front room or VIP. But I think there will eventually be more solid regular posters. ——— As far as the split, I have been personally enjoying it. I noticed more chiming from users who don’t post often. And I’d argue that VIP is less of an echo chamber than the front room because of that. Idk yet whether that will be an ongoing thing, or just because the VIP room is relatively “new and shiny”
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I suspect total activity had been down because of the holidays. I know I post on this site a ton, but I’ve looked at the site a bit less here and there because of that. —— “The dancer section we wouldn't really know about unless Nicespice clues us in on how it is in there. I suspect it's slow and it would take a long while until it picks up steam.” Aye. I think there’s something like five threads in there?
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    I think it’s working. I would rather get a couple of serious replies than a whole bunch of garbage. The lack of troll posts means that we can spend less time scrolling and more time having real conversations.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    @nicespice - I am curious what parts of the tuscl discussions you think trend towards "echo chambers"?
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    @PaulDrake “part you think trend towards "echo chambers"? Recently, the discussions I consider the most echo chambery are the flame wars of “this other poster/group of posters is a (insert insult here)” so that discussions are more of a back and fourth on flaming others rather than discussions on actual things. ...Which I wholeheartedly admit guilt on my end. But I realize there are more types of “cliques” than just old white tricks to potentially dominate the board and cause an echo chamber. (Not that I’ll completely curb my behavior. But I’m toning it down)
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    DC, you act like there are constant flame wars here but what you listed were for the most part isolated incidents. I’m not counting icey or trap troll activity against VIP. To me they don’t seem to actually be trying to contribute to the VIP community. Side note for anyone who doesn’t have them on ignore: it’s worth it. And then when you talk about the front room you act like nothing ever happens by lumping a whole bunch of ongoing bullshit into one category. VIP rules and front room drools, dummy
  • steeldog65
    5 years ago
    I personally like the split, significantly less full activity which is a huge plus I don't want to take the time to when I through the bullshit that they post to find something I like. I know DC was opposed to the split board and he seems to be actively in favor of posting more in the front Room and that's fine. I prefer to look at both rooms but probably post more in VIP
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    @DC Hm, I was quiet for the most part in VIP. But you are right, in that I took the bait in that one thread. I’ll improve and fix that too on my end.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    DC, I already won when I said “VIP rules and front room drools, dummy” so stop trying to derail the conversation.
  • steeldog65
    5 years ago
    BoringLoser wins. Debate over
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    @BoringLoser maybe it’s time to put DC on ignore too then, in addition to trap/icey. I personally like DC, even if I disagree with his opinion on this subject. But you have made many agitated posts lately related to DC and I think you would be happier if they disappeared.
  • steeldog65
    5 years ago
    Nice, stoo being the voice of reason.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Sorry DC but boringloser definitely called it...
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    DC, continuing your argument doesn’t make it not suck. And it definitely doesn’t change the fact that I won. End of conversation.
  • steeldog65
    5 years ago
    Perhaps your definition of flaming is off?Perhaps others disagree with you? Perhaps BoringLoser won when he called "VIP rules."? Or most likely, this is an opinion based belief and not a factual based belief, so you can't truly win, so maybe you should stop trying to win the internet and just accept other opinions.
  • Pyroxl
    5 years ago
    Nomad VIP'er but when I start discussions, I'll still use the main room. I don't even know if I'll have access to my own posts once VIP wears off. Splitting an already small niche group is not a good idea IMHO.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    If the goal was to get me to post less, it has worked. Personnally, I don't like bouncing back and forth and then trying to remember which board had which post. Also I don't like not being able to search for old posts in VIP. Finally, @DC, give it a rest you fucking Loser Lettuce smoking retarded Millenial loser.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    It’s working. If I want to read mostly serious, on topic TUSCL stuff, I click VIP. If I want to chuckle at juvenile off topic flame wars, I go to the front room.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    DC, you sound like a hysterical girl with hyperbolic terms like "flame wars." There have been some flare ups for sure, but they tend to burn out fairly quickly in here. The flaming was actually a lot worse in the merged room since there were tons of troll accounts to wade in and perpetuate the nonsense in endless regurgitation posts.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @DC you keep repeating yourself and I think you’re very thin skinned, as much as you try to deny it. Your open mindedness is phony and I haven’t been flaming you. Proof is abundant in your posts calling the forum an echo chamber, just look in on the front room and in the ravings of those three posters along with yourself how many times have the four of you, called it an echo chamber. You fail to recognize yourself if I might say this you along with the the three stooges are probably the least self aware folks here. I think Subraman hit the nail on the head I concur and think the VIP is better, I would add the new ignore settings make this even better, because idiots can’t post on your threads.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    @DC, what’s that you’ve said about not feeding trolls? Remind me again; I don’t quite recall...
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I'm okay with it having less conversational volume. I don't believe that more = better. I appreciate that discussions can occur without SJG insisting via long, repetitive posts that the conversation revolve around him and his narrow and absolute definition of "fun". When I went into the Front Room last night, the first page-and-a-half was all SJG updating his numerous off-topic blog posts about antiquated programming languages, transistor radios, and post-Hobbesian philosophy (while simultaneously insisting that founder open old discussions to new comments...). I really do wonder what new users think if they check out the Front Room while SJG is in the midst of one of his daily attacks of logorrhea... I appreciate the lack of spoof trolls clogging up threads. Most of them are obviously created to entertain the person running them, and not anyone else really (personal opinion). The only possible exception was 'mamisan', but she vanished at roughly the same time as shailynn. So... Txttittyfag.... I've not tussled with him the way that I have with SJG, but I don't think he contributes a lot aside from daily scoldings in an odd pidgin. In any case, I'm pretty okay with not having him in here. I remain a fan of the split boards.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Signal to noise ratio has improved radically, especially in VIP, but in Front Room as well to some extent. But at least it's not a free-for-all. DC, I get it that you enjoy a troll-dominated, low signal-to-noise forum, and perhaps aren't aware that in the past couple of decades there have been plenty of strip club forums that aren't overrun with trolls. Dougster was the same way, he said many times he enjoys it when the forum is being fucked up, enjoys the trolls, etc. You're just looking for a different sort of forum than the rest of us -- we just want to talk about strip clubs, with other strip clubbers rather than trolls; and we'd like the forum to be enlightening enough that potential new contributors won't run away screaming that it's taken over by, say, fake pimps animated by miserable people, reams of attack threads, irrelevant ramblings, etc
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I think the split is working in that we have fewer tedious trolls in VIP. I would like to hear from dancers about what they think of the Dressing Room.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"I appreciate the lack of spoof trolls clogging up threads. Most of them are obviously created to entertain the person running them, and not anyone else really (personal opinion). The only possible exception was 'mamisan', but she vanished at roughly the same time as shailynn. So.." Agree completely. We are cursed with the least funny spoof trolls of any forum I've ever been on.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Lately for sure but there have been some good ones, remember anongirl
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    and mamisan, of course. and sanjosegay was funny the first 30 times he posted, but the joke got old after he posted a zillion times. Even the council of ricks (at least the concept of all ricks taking over the forum) was vaguely amusing ... once. I think other than mamisan, many of the funny trolls wear their joke thin quickly.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ If SJG wasn’t so dense and repetitive Mamasan would stop being funny too
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    It's 30 days in so I'd call it a work in progress but with the exception of leaving the cave door open and a few trolls creeping in over here for a bit I like it.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^^^^"@DC you keep repeating yourself and I think you’re very thin skinned, as much as you try to deny it. " Is @DC a @Nina troll alias. I used to think he was an @Fishstix alias.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    I like the anti-troll impact that the split has had. I’ve got a few on ignore and the boards are pretty manageable now. Hope it stays this way or continues to improve.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Hopefully more of us will start using ignore.
  • GACA
    5 years ago
    The lack of trolls has greatly improved the quality of this forum. When I board and want the asinine conversation I can opt into the front room. Win win IMHO
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I enjoyed hearing reading some of the troll posts.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @DC is a flaming homo
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    If you say so, I kinda think you’re reading at your age level ;)
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    DC, I can’t help if you feel attacked when I tell you why I think you’re wrong about something. I also can’t do anything about the fact that you can’t accept that people don’t always agree with you. The only reason I treated you the way I did in this thread is because I was not interested in the never ending back and forth that comes with discussing internet troll activity. I made my point and was done talking about it. If you’re going to make sweeping generalizations based on limited data, don’t be surprised when you get questioned. Toughen up a little, and learn to be less annoying. Then people might start to like you more.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    I like it.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I accidentally just figured out that if you start a thread, then a troll comes in and takes it off track, and you ignore that thread --wham, all their "contributions" disappear from the thread. If you do want to post in the front room, founder has given us a powerful tool.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^I saw this in action first hand when Steeldog started a thread recently. Trapbaby came in with his usual blah blah hurling insults and basically being annoying. Then all of a sudden I read through it again and all his comments were gone and the conversation immediately looked a lot better.
  • steeldog65
    5 years ago
    Your welcome
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Overall the split is working
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Using the ignore button is effective and painless, it's the equivalent of telling someone to STFU, and they shut the fuck up ; )
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Yes! Everyone start using ignore! Beforehand not enough of us used it so reading through threads was a pain as you only saw half the conversation. Now that more of us are using the ignore feature more liberally it actually works.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Alright alright I'm convinced. I'll use the ignore and see how well it works. Only two people I need to use it for anyway.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    You guys do it your way I'll do it my way. Like many of you I've seen lots of spam and jerk posts from certain posters but nothing that has made me resort to ignore, I just skim post some threads and lots of posts.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    ^ Including here in VIP.
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    So far I've only used the ignore button on one poster. I have however used the "mental ignore button" on a handful of them. Depending on how much I am in front of a computer on a given day I check in here three times a day (I'm a creature of habit to some extent) and I'm lucky if I look in the front room twice a week.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I don't think so. The trolls who retreated to the VIP area keep trolling the front room. Discussions are better in the front room and it is more active though
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    Icey just demonstrated why i think more people should have him on ignore. There’s a difference between beign a jerk sometimes and deliberately spamming the board.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    Unless he was offering valuable insight on that many posts in a row. I don’t actually know what his comments were so please correct me if I’m wrong.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Can’t see him he probably got himself verified for the 24 hour vip he’ll be gone sooner or later
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Heh, can't see him either, obviously. Paying dividends already :)
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Answering threads isn't spamming dumbass. Posting blocks of text like Juice or Nicespice, Sirlapdancelot or 25 post, that's spamming the threads. You claim to not see me but are still talking about me....and I can see your idiotic posts.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Not verified. No reviews. I'm assuming he sent an apology to founder and paid for entry.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Just put him on ignore if he can’t post he’s going away
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    You could put Dadilac on ignore if you really secretly didn’t thrive on the drama.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    ^^^ He's not wrong.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    So what is the point of the of the OG Tricks trolling the front room?
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Anything they don't like is spam or trolling. Them posting blocks of text and harassing other members is OK.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    On what principle would that be ? You’re being a drama queen I have plenty on ignore it’s only icee that is public information the rest is on principle that you’ll never get as much as I’ve tried to school you.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Can't teach an old trick new shit
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Haha 3rd to not see his posts. That many posts in a row, eh Boring Loser? Sounds like he should have your screen name instead. @TheeOSU I pretty much did like you and skimmed past a bunch of posts. But with the new way ignore works I wanna try it out first hand.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    “So Icey's opinions are "spam" but Daddillac harassing me with stupid crap isn't?” If Daddillac starts jumping into at *least* 30% of the threads on here, and finds a way to get off topic and insult you to that extent, then I’ll consider Icey and Daddillac similar. Like him or dislike him, they are not the same.
  • steeldog65
    5 years ago
    Every once in awhile I fall in love with nicespice due to her posts
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I state my opinions to the topics at hand. Only one derailing most threads here is you meth spice and the old tricks who throw tantrums whenever anyone doesn't kiss their asses.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    I thought there was something new on this post but the last comment was from an hour ago
  • steeldog65
    5 years ago
    DC--"We've defined flaming as simply being "calling a certain poster/group of posters an (insert insult)" Did I miss the vote on this or was this simply established fait accompl in your position of Lord of the Interwebz? Seriously man, chill just a little bit and let others play in the box without telling them all the rules. If there is flaming that people don't wan the new format allows so much more power to the members in controlling it. Not everyone wants or needs to be following your rules just as you don't have to follow theirs. Breath deep, release x 3. Now don't you feel better?
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the responses. I was just curious. I dont check this site every day but have been here a long time under different names. I'm just interested in strip clubs and find this site useful and entertaining. I'm glad Founder has been doing updates to the site while still keeping it free for those who like to post in discussions or occasional reviews. The regular discussion board was almost dead at times after Founder required logins to end constant flaming. Shadowcat probably remembers that. I imagine the dancer discussion board might be slow for a while. I haven't noticed dancer discussions spilling over into the VIP room so I was curious.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ DC--"We've defined flaming as simply being "calling a certain poster/group of posters an (insert insult)" I missed that. Another indication that @DC may be @Fishstix. He used to declare his opinion as the consensus too.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    so stop trolling everyone who isn't like you and doesn't follow your "rules"
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Overall, looking at both sections at the moment, I'm surprised how well they're both running -- I could not have predicted that. What happened to Nicole's never-ending vapid posts? Trapbaby and Iceyloco attack posts? Etc? I don't understand why that's all gone. The one thing to look out for is the trolls and local village idiots, doing their troll/idiot thing by trying to make this some us-vs-them -- as if the two rooms are competing or something. Don't fall for their troll tricks. It's as retarded as trying to set up a "reviews vs forum" rivalry -- only the dopiest followers are dancing to the trolls' tune there. Same site, different sections, many of the contributors are in both forums, the reviews, and everywhere else. It's everyone against the trolls, not front room vs VIP. And I am somewhat delighted that the trolls seem to be very frustrated
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I admit that I didn't like this at first, but I don't mind now. It took some getting used to. Some things I like and some I don't. It's the nature of change.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Is @IceyLoco @DC's mom? It seems like he is always trying to protect her.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    You're the ones antagonizing everyone
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Do you want a tissue? TUSCL isn't one of your coveted safe zones.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Its a safe zone for old bigoted tricks talking about doing illegal shit like prostitution
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Tissue?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion