tuscl

Supreme Court allows Foxy Lady to reopen without VIP area

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Friday, January 4, 2019 3:34 AM

14 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    That's good(ish) news. Hopefully, things normalize soon.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    That or it's just a way to make the business unprofitable so they voluntarily shut down.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Possibly. Or, they'd like to see a change in ownership. Foxy Lady has been there for 40 years and has weathered bigger storms. Providence's general attitude towards adult entertainment has typically been hands-off until a club does something newsworthy in the worst way. Then they spank that one club to send a message to all the others. Usually, after a while everything settles down. We'll see.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I suspect that they're going to have trouble getting dancers in if they can't sell lapdances.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    According to what I'm reading, they can sell lapdances, but not private VIPs. Admittedly, that's not great, but it's a step in the right direction.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    The measures aren't interfering with the Foxy Lady as a strip club, they're ensuring that its no longer run as a brothel... I doubt the girls will have problems, it actually has the potential to be a better club. Extras clubs usually aren't the cream of the crop...
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Glad this is being fought instead of local authorities being continuously allowed to run roughshod over clubs. Too many cities have killed off the clubs where those that enjoy SCs can't enjoy a worthwhile SC. Hopefully the tide may start to turn against all this bullshit - if the sex biz is not for you then don't participate but don't tell other adults theey can't enjoy that type of entertainment just bc you don't like it.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    It in itself won't drive the girls away. It might keep the custies away which will in turn effect the dancers' earnings and cause them to migrate elsewhere.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    There are plenty of guys who will frequent a strip club, the vast majority don't troll clubs for hookers... I think this story is a non issue, for the most part. Shit like this happens all the time. Looks like the dirty management got off with a slap on the wrist all things considering.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    The irony here is that (aside from Rhode Island Dolls) the Foxy Lady has been one of the least extras friendly clubs in Providence for years now. I had not heard any rumors about that having changed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Sometimes they go after a particular club bc that particular area has been targeted for redevelopment and they want the club out of there
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    they do that to a lot of different businesses, not just clubs. Like they'll revoke a store's license to sell liquor if a hipster bar comes into the neighborhood and will clamp down on existing bars...
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Bullshit
  • Skiski68
    5 years ago
    you want a great time with all the extras hush modeling in providence next to wonderland. ask for the fitness girl Destiny.....she goes all in....lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion