tuscl

Cattle calls suck...

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
Sunday, December 16, 2018 10:20 PM
So recently found a dancer I liked at a different club that does cattle calls. Every hour or two all dancers must go to the stage and any guy can grab them for an instant 2-for-1 dance combo deal (with a free tshirt). The whole thing is awkward. The lap dances are half hearted. Dancers hate is as they don't make much from it. And as someone who wants to hang with a dancer for an hour or two it sucks to have to pay off the club to keep a dancer sitting with me. I guess really cheap/amateur PLs like this sort of thing?

57 comments

• nicespice
    6 years ago
    Is the cattle call scheduled or at random? I know whenever I’ve had to do something like that, management decide to do it randomly. And they do that when customers and dancers aren’t doing too much interacting. But then it’s a musical chairs type of thing where customers give $2 for 10-30 seconds worth of a “mini dance”. And the whole thing lasts for about 5-10 minutes.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    How much do you club? And I’m not gonna lie 2 for 1 would probably sucker me in. Try a new hottie out.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Paul, I don't think I've ever been hanging out with a stripper, she's gone up for the cattle call, and then didn't just come down and straight over to me for the 2-for-1 if that's what I wanted (sometimes I didn't want a dance right then, and I'd just tell her to get a dance with someone else and then come back). Why can't the girls just come back to you after the cattle call, and at least give you right of first refusal? All the girls I know despise the cattle call and find it demeaning. I have to admit I like the cattle calls as a way to see all the dancers at once. But in the clubs I go to, they only do them when it's crowded, and I only do slow dayshifts, so haven't seen one in years
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    @nicespice - This club also does another dollar dance type cattle call. I was only there once when they were about to do it and decided that sounds absolutely not something I would enjoy so I just left. @Subraman - At first I told my fav to just head down for the cattle and come right back up when she was done. But she is pretty hot and gets picked every single time and I hate being kept waiting. In the future I'll probably just give her the cash to pay off the club so she can skip it.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Paul... okay, that's weird. My strippers would always say, "I have a customer already, sorry", and walk back to me. I don't understand why your girl isn't doing that. She's for some insane reason obligated to go with any customer who asks? Sounds fishy. In my fave club, if the girl was in a VIP, she didn't have to go up for the cattle call. So if the timing worked out, I'd take her into the VIP just as the girls were getting notified of the cattle call; they always seem appreciative for getting "saved" from it.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    *how much to pay the club off I meant
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    @Subraman - She is definitely giving me first right of refusal. At first I didn't want to have to pay the club any extra if I didn't have to.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    @muddy - I am not exactly sure what the club wants. The dancer I have been seeing is a super baby and doesn't seem to know the rules (or much of anything tbh, she is a not the brightest).
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ride em cowgirl yeaooow
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Cattle calls sometimes serve a purpose. They serve as a quick way to see all of the pussy working on any particular night so your efforts can be more focused. Also in clubs that are too expensive they can end up being one of the main ways that girls get dances. A stripper will usually come back to her regular despite a cattle call. I’ve had dozens of girls refuse a 2-4-1 cattle call dance when they were headed black to a regular. Seems like only a newbie would think that she has to dance for every random guy who asks.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I like cattle calls. Gives me a chance to see all (or most) of the girls working. There is usually a dance special at the same time, but that is secondary to me, except at some clubs with sky high dance prices ($40), in which case the only way I’ll but a dance is if it’s about half off. I’ve seen the $1 or $2 mini-dance thing also, but not as often. I don’t really care for it because you get solicited for dances by lots of girls you don’t care about.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I've seen a lot of dancers go hide out in the dressing room during cattle calls, 2 for ones, etc.
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    I know dancers hate cattle calls, but I actually enjoy them in clubs that have 40+ dancers on shift. I find it kind of silly when they parade a shift 8 - 12 dancers.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Sounds like cowboy could help the situation
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    Honestly that sounds demeaning. Even the term "cattle call"....
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I can’t believe cattle calls do much to generate income for the club. Who the fuck wants a strip club tshirt?
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    You got that right loco
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"I can’t believe cattle calls do much to generate income for the club. " I dunno Cash, most of the time after a cattle call, close to 100% of the girls sell dances (due to the 2-for-1 promise)... and who knows how many of those girls get their customer to keep going after that. I honestly have no idea whether it generates marginal extra money for the club, or whether it's just driving dances that would have eventually happened anyway, but not beyond belief that it's a little jumpstart. Of course, the joke here is, in nearly every club that does this, they cut the songs short on the 2-for-1, so it ends up being more like 1.5 for one at most. The clubs just can't abide the idea that the customer might be pleased at the experience he's getting, for the extra 60 seconds. Just reinforces the idea that management cares just as much about "hustling", as they do about business.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    Fortunately I've never seen anything like that at a club.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ If you’ve never been to a club that wouldn’t surprise me.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i like cattle calls. chance of seeing most the girls.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Paul, it sounds like this girl is shooting herself in the foot running off from you to do 2 for 1s with cheapo grabby nasty bastards. From what you tell me you are timely and also value a girl's time. Everywhere I've been with cattle calls (which I never last long at clubs with those b/c I hate lining up and I hate discount dances) there is no reason I can't return to the same guy. Etc.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    I have experience with this as both a PL and someone who worked in a club. First off, yes the club does make money off them. The club does not make money off you sitting there locking down a girl for hours at a time. When they do these 2 for 1 specials most of the girls usually do get dances. At the very least it’s a lot more then were getting them before. As already mentioned, these songs will be drastically cut down. Now from the PL perspective if she’s all that then talk to her. If she doesn’t want to go up offer to get the dance or otherwise compensate her for missing the opportunity to make some money. You could also say “I understand, go work and I’ll hang out here till you come back”. Keep in mind that she didn’t come to work with the goal of sitting there talking to some PL all shift. This is her job and workplace, and she’s not getting paid hourly. In order to make money she needs to hustle. In my experience if you keep that reality in mind it will be much appreciated.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Theres some factors here. She may lose a regular. If said regular doesnt mind then yeah it will help her bottom line to push the special. Sounds like regular is more valuable than $10 dance boys tho. So then it comes down to does she like being around regular or is he the sort that just makes her wanna gtfo asap? Also most of the time discount dance dudes are the ones with the least generosity/most grabbiness/most expectations for their dollar/most annoying. That is why a lot of us do not hustle that shit and immediately find somewhere to hide until the special is over. Just depends on the situation what is the best thing for her to do.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    But yeah u can buy the girl out for the special and completely avoid cattle call.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"Theres some factors here. She may lose a regular. If said regular doesnt mind then yeah it will help her bottom line to push the special. Sounds like regular is more valuable than $10 dance boys tho" Exactly. There's always more to it -- especially when it comes to regulars, who earn their "talk time" by being a consistent source of good payment. That said, my experience is that cattle calls only happen when the club is packed (at least in the DJV clubs I go to), and the more packed the club is, the more the regular has to be spending to earn that table time. It's exactly why I don't go when the club is packed. Monday dayshift: no cattle calls, no 2-for-1s, no other customers for her to hustle
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ "Also most of the time discount dance dudes are the ones with the least generosity/most grabbiness/most expectations for their dollar/most annoying." I love the 2-for-1 specials.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ you must be an expert at grabbing fruit cups. Do you like melon cups also?
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    I like the Cattle call or roll call because it allows me to see all the dancers and helps to figure out who I want to meet. However, I don't buy dances from the cattle call.
  • steeldog65
    6 years ago
    I don't mind a cattle call if I'm just kind of looking for talent if you will. Last time I was at a club that did one, I had 2 girls come immediately over to me and I had not seen either of them beforehand. It's a nice way to get a whose working the club that night. Not a huge fan but there are benefits and I've never been to 1 where I couldn't buy the girls time
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I despise cattle call. Former favorite in a club sits down, asks for a drink and starts chatting. Of course I know why, as she is consistent: 2- 1 is in two songs. She asks if I want to do it, which I never do and I say no. The game continues and she asks if I mind if she does one if someone asks her. Knowing it makes no difference whether I mind or not, I say no I don't mind. She gets asked by a bunch of guys during the lineup, chooses one and comes over and puts a napkin over her drink. Why? Club version of a dog tied to a stake. I know she now expects me to be available when she gets back, which is almost 1/2 hour later because he wanted a room after the special. Sits back down and asks where were we, which means I am going to pressure you into a room because I am super hot. I tell her I was keeping her drink cold and that now that she is here to reclaim it I can mosey on down the road. We haven't spent any time together is her complaint and I just tell her the truth, that she was busy with another. Her response is that I should have told her I had limited time, because she'd have stayed. Oh well, next time I say, as if this isn't the third time we had done this routine.. She tells me she believes its bad luck that she's always sitting with someone when I show up. I agree, but in this club I usually text the manager and make sure she is busy before I go there. The napkin ownership move really is really what irks me, as if she is so hot< i will just wait. No matter how hot a dancer is, they can be replaced, just like a great customer can be replaced and one day, before I die, she'll figure out that no matter how hot she is, we've done our last dance/room/drink etc. This PL is reserved?? I think not.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Subraman you make a good point. I don’t know if the 2 for 1 dances are effective enough to get customers to stay with the dancer and buy more. My thought was - it creates an odd vibe - where the customers choose the dancer - and it’s like choosing a dance partner who is on the spot and can’t say no. Granted - it’s not that any dancer is attracted to any customer - so maybe it works better as the dancers know how to get the customer wanting a lot more.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I have seen them done two different ways. Oz in Clearwater, FL has a 2for1 deal about every two hours. All the girls parade around the main stage once, then try to go grab a customer for a two for 1 dance. The patron also gets a t-shirt or baseball cap with an OZ logo on it. The dances are half hearted because the girls are getting paid half as much and I"m not going to wear the logo give away. This tactic is stupid. I don't go to OZ because of this. Landing Strip outside of Detroit has a different variation on this though. Club has a long stage right thru the middle of the club. Not sure how often they do it, but they will have one song where every girl ( except the girls that are in VIP ) will get on stage and walk around the stage for that one song. No 2-1 deal or t-shirt give away. But in that one song, you get to see the entire line up for the evening. I actually like this. You get to make eye contact with a girl that may have been sitting on the other side of the club and you didn't see before.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Foxy Lady in Louisville has a cattle call roughly twice per hour after about 8 or 9 pm, busy or not. First time is a parade on stage with their names called out. Second time is a “dollar dance” where they dance for you for a few seconds. Both times are followed up with a 2 for 1 “special”, which isn’t, because as long as you’re smart about it, that’s the all the time price. From what I understand, the girls do pretty well on that one though. They get 18 of the 30 dollars, and as far as I know, the songs don’t get cut short.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I buy my girl out of the cattle call so she doesn't need to go up there. We go to the LD room and keep talking till the songs start up. Another girl I did that with before got nude and started the grind right away even though there wasnt really music playing, just the cattle call music, she gave me that time for free basically as a thank you for not making her go on stage. I've seen some guys get the same dances during the cattle call "song" and had that counted as a song. My girl started laughing at the guy and basically called him a dumbass for getting ROB'd.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I'll also say the LD room is packed during the 2 for 1's, and it clears out by 95% once that ends, so even though the girls hate it, its money in their pocket. I'll have to ask if they pay tip outs for those, I bet they don't.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    My home club also does it the op of every hour and the DJ claims it's the longest songs of the night. Friday and Saturday for sure, not sure about the rest of the time. We have a discount Tuesday that they definitely don't do it for.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I can understand, and can see, the girls not liking being paraded on their like slabs of meat - but as others, I enjoy the sight and find it PL-exciting to see all that stripperness up on stage at once - I like the visual and as others it gives me a chance to see all the dancers that are working on that visit (how often has one being in a fairly good-sized club w/ a fairly-good # of girls and then see a hot dancer towards the end of our visit or maybe well along on your visit, that you had not seen b/f). I get PL-excited at the dancer-showcase and it's highly likely I'll get dances from it or at the very-least want to get dances from one or more of the dancers (assuming the dancer(s) I like makes it to me). Many a stripper seems to complain about $$$ in the club and PLs not getting dances - thus I think it's shortsighted to dismiss 2-for-1s as if somehow being beneath-them - perhaps not all cuties think the same-way, but when I interact w/ a dancer I'm cognizant of not wasting her time - i.e. if I get a regular-dance from a girl, I always go in w/ the intent of getting at least two to make it worth her time/investment - i.e. when I go for a 2-for-1 I go in w/ the same intent of getting an additional regular-dance on top of the 2-for-1 - and not uncommon I may get more than than if I'm feeling her. I def don't think PLs liking 2-for-1s means they are cheap - who the hell doesn't like a deal and will get it every time they can whether it's dances or a dishwasher (Black Friday anyone) - don't many a dancer try to get to the club earlier so they can get a cheaper house-fee? - IMO a 2-for-1 is a win/win for both PL & dancers b/c it's a lot easier for the dancer to sell the dance and decent chance to parlay that into more biz. If dances are under $20, then I don't think a 2-for-1 is fair to the dancer; but $20+ I think it makes sense for everyone - seems many of the clubs these days don't play full-songs anyway (even during non 2-for-1) - many a club seems to be playing songs around 3-minutes (some 3:30) and that is often not really a full-song except for certain songs - i.e. IMO the reality is during a 2-for-1 the dancer is just investing an extra 3-minutes or so - i.e. I think a custy has to invest a lot more on a per-song basis than a dancer - i.e. IMO an extra $20 to $30 per song is more painful for the avg custy than an extra 3-minutes for the dancer (w/ the caveat that I'm not a dancer).
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... She is definitely giving me first right of refusal ..." So it seems the OP does not wanna do the 2-for-1 but wants her to just sit w/ him instead? Some of you lockers don't even let the dancer fucking breath - I wonder if she's even allowed to go to the bathroom w/o the locker falling to pieces and feeling dissed b/c she's not tending to him like the damn king of fucking-France - so I could be misunderstanding the OP's comment - but it seems he wants her there as some type of PL-life-support to where it doesn't even register that she could make some additional quick-$$$ to help out her bottom-line.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    IME clubs do it because it forces all the girls into their rotation and gets guys off their asses and spending. Shit, on some nights in some clubs, it's the only time I saw guys in the LD areas. Paul, if he's giving you right of first refusal, then I don't see why this is such a big deal. If she's sitting with you that long, I'm guessing that you're paying her anyway. In these situations I usually just factor the expense into my overall tipping, either by doing the dances or paying for her to skip. Most girls in most clubs keep most of the LD money anyway and if the club skims a few extra bucks from the gimmick, so what?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    In the clubs I go to, management gets pissed at girls who don't get 2-for-1 dances after the cattle call, so saying "I don't want a 2-for-1, but I also don't want you to do one with anyone else" doesn't work. She either needs to get a dance with me, or someone else; she doesn't want to do anything to get shit from management. The nice thing is, if I do choose to get a VIP at this time, the "2-for-1" cut-off songs (that is the 1.5 songs) only count as one song, so it's still a bit of a deal
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    @Paul: Sorry man, I meant "she." @Papi: Do we really need to hear you whine about so-called "lockers" again? If you need one particular girl that badly, then be worth more to her than the handsome well dressed white guy who is locking her down. Otherwise wait until he sees fit to let you have a turn. ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Dugan - your comment does not surprise me - you are no doubt one selfish self-centered prick w/ some type of unwarranted and unearned superiority complex. As if you don't complain about shit w/ your constant "Baby Dolls Sucks" nonsense just b/c your self-centered prickness does not fly there in a club where dancers are not drug-addicted lost-cases and your superiority-complex gets checked (and other shit you complain about). Self centered pricks seem to define right and wrong by how it personally affects them - if something doesn't affect them, then it's "whining" - if it affect them, then it's a "legit gripe" - you constantly talk as if your shit don't stink but trust me most people can smell you and what you're about.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Papi- some guys are conscientious about 2 for 1s but many arent. I honestly regret most of the 2 for 1s I have ever sold. If I find myself in a club with frequent 2 for 1s I dont stick around too long. For me they are not worth it and the mental shit I have to deal with from customers. My 2 cents.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I wont lie- I prefer clubs with zero specials really. But I don't think I am above doing dances and only go for vip or whatever although I cant blame the girls with that mindset. I dont have a problem with a very quick tease for a $ or 2 but I dont seek out to do them. I would honestly rather do cattle call like someone mentioned where we arent expected to push specials or just do the 5-10 second teases like some have mentioned. I haven't worked anywhere with those type of cattle calls though- but I could probably stomach that much better.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    As I've posted in the past, in many of the clubs I visit, seems the vast-majority of the crowd are just spectators, whether the club has 2-for-1s or not - IME often times in the few clubs that *do* have 2-for-1s, is when I've noticed way more dances being sold - and although not every custy does more than the 2-for-1, many do from what I've noticed. The reality is for most SCers, IMO, a strip-club is a big-expense that they try manage one way or another, or avoid if they can (thus the large-amount of spectators) - I believe having specials are good for the club and the dancers not b/c they are "giving away the house" or b/c of the vast amount of $$$ the PL is saving, I think the specials work more on a psychological-level b/c the PL "feels"/thinks he's getting a great deal when it's not really that awesome a deal. I can only speak for myself - but a dancer-showcase, or specials, def get in the mood to spend and have fun - granted, I'm a variety PL where I like getting lots of dances from many different dancers - thus specials will probably on me more than a guy that likes to sit w/ a dancer all night long as if they were on a honeymoon.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Papi, nice job mixing the hysterics in with regurgitated troll nonsense. ;) So now the dancers are communal property, to be passed around as every man in the club sees fit? In your worldview, they don't have the right to choose who they sit with? Could it also be that, in your arrogance, you believe that you know better than they do what's good for them? Ok, so now that we understand that you view dancers as communal property, what's next? LD ration cards? And how would this not affect me negatively too? We all lose out to bigger fish at times, but the alternative would be to force dancers to act in ways that we want instead of how they want. You call ME self-centered and then plow along and advocate treating dancers like state owned property, unable to make their own choices because you feel shorted. Hmmm... Oh yeah, and Baby Dolls does indeed suck. But I say that about all corporate clip joints, so they're not alone.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Like I said - self-centered dicks see it just from their POV - as long as it works for them then it's A-ok. I'd venture to say most dancers stick to regulars b/c they have to; not b/c they want to - sure they like their regular's "regular $$$"; doesn't take a genius to see that - i.e. I would imagine most dancers would like to be able to make the regular's $$$ and be able to make a bit extra working the room a bit - this seems sensible to me but I assume not to you w/ your self-centered ego-trip - dancers stick to a regular b/c they have to - if they don't the regular will feel "dissed" b/c he "won't tolerate that kind of disrespect" . As I've mentioned in the past, IMO a regular should def get priority, but not exclusivity - the club is open to the public and IMO it's a douche move to cockblock every other custy in the club for hours on end b/c "she's your girl" - a guy's wife or GF is his girl; not a stripper - off the top of my head I can't see an instance in society where being a complete-hog is acceptable and the accepted way of acting.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I dont mind being on lockdown if it is worth it for me all things considered. It doesn't have to be a regular either for a girl to be locked down all night or a large portion of her shift anyway.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    blahblah, as you can see from Papi's post above, he doesn't think that you are smart enough or strong enough to make that decision for yourself. If he had his way, the club would take that choice away from you and force you to circulate to anyone who has $20 burning in his pocket.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I'm one of those guys that gets shit for locking dancers down, but Papi can attest to the fact, that its really the dancers that lock me down. : )
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    DoucheDugan (that should be your new name - def has a better ring to it). No where have I said dancers gotta do things the way I like - I'm just saying they should have the choice w/o the regular's heavy-handed approach of "sure you can give another guy dances; just don't bother to come back". I can see dancers preferring to stick to a regular so they don't have the work the room - but I can also see dancers liking to make a quick $50 or $100 on a couple of dances from a PL that approached them on-stage b/f they get back to serving the king - it's her choice - I'm just saying they should have the choice w/o fear of the "dissed king".
  • ancientlurker
    6 years ago
    I liked a thing a local club called "cabaret" where once a night at 9pm all of the dancers who were there would get up on stage and be introduced. No 2-for-1 or "forced" dances or anything. Just a quick way to see everyone who was available and attach a name to each face. I wish all the clubs did it.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ @Papi wrote "Like I said - self-centered dicks see it just from their POV - as long as it works for them then it's A-ok." It works for me so it's A-ok.
  • aham5
    6 years ago
    I've had a couple times the roll call brought a girl to the stage I hadn't seen yet. One night at 390 in Chicago..... there were at least a dozen girls on the cattle call that I'd not seen onstage. Perhaps sticking in the VIP room?
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Sure Papi, it's only the lockdowns when men are heavily pressuring them. Ah-huh. Of course you have no way of really knowing which is which, so really you hate them all. Also, even if a one-off girl tells you that she's tied up like that, it doesn't mean that she's telling the truth. It's also not like a girl actually facing that situation doesn't have choices - she does. But ok Comrade Papi, let's assume for a second that you really are the voice of the PL People's Revolution, trying to free defenseless dancers from the economic oppression of us selfish d-bag Imperialists. What new rules of behavior would your regime mandate? Forced circulation to all PLs? Time limits on dancer/customer interactions? Hmmm...sounds like Communist Cuba...I wonder how those policies worked out for them? ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion