tuscl

Some advice

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
People say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment, so you have to live each day like it’s your last
I say BULLSHIT
Life is long
You’re probably not going to get hit by a bus and you are going to have to live with the choices you’ve made for the next fifty years

36 comments

• skibum609
    6 years ago
    As a conservative gambler I always hedge my bets, so while I try to live as if there is no tomorrow, I do have a plan B in case I get fucked over and live to 90. We have about 70% of the money we should have because of it, but as we have lived large for so many years, trimming back when we retire will be easy. Tiny house on a lake; travel trailer; Ford F-250 and weed.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    As a conservative gambler I always hedge my bets, so while I try to live as if there is no tomorrow, I do have a plan B in case I get fucked over and live to 90. We have about 70% of the money we should have because of it, but as we have lived large for so many years, trimming back when we retire will be easy. Tiny house on a lake; travel trailer; Ford F-250 and weed.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    That depends on how old you are. I'll be 77 next month and I don't know how many days I have left or years. I good hard on is a terrible thing to waste.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    ^^^ so that is why you have a pic of a chick with a dick in your profile. That Victoria has a dirty secret but she is no Ron Jeremy
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    “Life is short.”

This is bullshit. Life is the longest thing anyone will ever do.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse.

I'm 0 for 3.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Skibum is right. The key is balance. Do some things like you’ll die tomorrow but some other stuff like you’ll be around another few decades. Then you’re prepared for both scenarios.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    I agree with the idea of balance. We can teach ourselves to live dull, boring lives if we don’t enjoy life along the way and probably spend a few bucks doing so. We can teach ourselves to live in crises mode all the time if we blow all our money as soon as we make it. Neither extreme leads to a life well lived.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Most of you think this was advice about money, most of us older folks don’t really have financial problems, I actually meant this to the younger people here, and it was intended as a reminder that nothing anyone writes here, or anyplace else on the Internet, ever really goes away, when you get older the things you say and how you say them, will be available for some jackass to dredge up and use against you.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The hedge is to vote Democrat because they promise to take care of evrything for you from cradle to grave.

Fucking Millenial dumbasses
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ the hedge is to watch your mouth, and do what suits you.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I always thought he took his teeth out before sucking dick
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    you can't predict what will happen in a month, let alone years from now. life is too unpredictable. you can have a general guide but not really plans
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    No one knows what the future will bring so one has to sorta play it down the middle - have some fun but also prepare for the future
  • PhatBoyHell
    6 years ago
    I always thought he took his teeth out before sucking MY dick. Then I woke up and it wss just a dream. Dam maybe next time.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    25 you dream about sucking your own dick?
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    max out that 401k for another day
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    Gotta disagree 25. My dad and me always have this argument when I see him. Youth is a currency too. I’m not gonna waste that. Don’t feel like being that guy at 85 with a fuck ton on money. Rather be the 85 year old who had fun with no money in a home. My dick works now therefore the money must be spent now. There is no other use.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @ Muddy9 how old are you?
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    I can smell 30.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Well all I can tell you is good luck, anything else I say isn't going to have much of an impact.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    I think what 25 is saying is that youth is wasted on the young. You are the result of all the decisions you’ve ever made in life. Just don’t make any one big mistake along the way, and try to do several good little decisions you’ll see they add up nicely for a good life young and old.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    eat drink and be merry... for tomorrow we may die !
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    ^^^ a premature death!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    There are no perfect lives, however some are well lived, it’s impossible to never make a mistake, smart people are those that avoid making the same mistake twice.
    There’s one truth in life, we are all going to die, not telling anyone how they should live, just saying that my life has been great, and the joy that I have taken from it, makes me want to enjoy it as long as possible.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    One's perspective changes as they age. I hit the big 70 early in 2019. I doubt I'll even come close to 100 based on family history. Mid 80's seems about right for me.

That said, I don't change anything i do for the most part. One thing I am, right now, working on getting my weight under 200. Just a couple pounds to go. Not bad when I started at 263 in May, according to my doctor.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Egad, Clubber! Good job on the weight control. Carrying extra weight around carries several side effects. I’ve learned to exercise with weight training to maintain metabolism and strengt.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah Clubber - congrats on the great weight-loss - keep at it and try not to go back to the old habits!
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Meat,

When I first married and bought a condo, the 2nd bedroom was my gym. Pretty well equipped. Children came, gym gone. :(
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Papi,

I hope I can make the 24th. Then you can see the difference. :)

Don't know if you can in a club. I doubt sc noticed when we met up in Atlanta.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Some advice:

Buy low and sell high. You heard it here, first.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Sphincter
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    ^ ,anus
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I've been off the boards for a few days trying to finish up the end of year travel but I'd throw out there it isn't the quantity ( or in this case to some extent the years one lives) as much as it is the quality.

I'd like a long life but not if it comes with 20 years in a wheel chair hooked up to oxygen.

But I agree about one thing 100%....sh*t you put out there on the Internet never goes away. I've tried like hell to convince a few people of that over the years and most of them seem to think it does............and they are wrong.

• Mate27
    6 years ago
    ^^^ You mean like Billy Bush, who lost his job without saying much of anything and his compadre gets elected President?
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I would say if a guy waits until he's 30 or I heard some say 40 to get laid, he's missing out and may forever miss experiences he won't be able to enjoy as much later on. Save but have some fun. No one knows how long any of us have. Fortune or ruin can happen at any time but at least we have our memories most of our lives. I heard if you plan for the worst and hope for the best, you might come out ok. I'm not as old as some guys on here but am glad I enjoyed strip clubs for years before LE cracked down and closed clubs and caused others to have extra rules that suck. I once used to visit every week. At the moment, I don't remember when my last visit was. I think it was 1 to 3 months ago. I'm getting used to waking up real early and falling asleep early. Ok for work but sucks for visiting strip clubs like I used to.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion