tuscl

New "I've Been There" check-mark in TUSCL system

Book Guy
I write it like I mean it, but mostly they just want my money.
Monday, December 3, 2018 5:42 PM
A new feature on the club-details page provides an opportunity to mark a check-box to indicate whether or not you've been to the club. I went and tried to find them all! I spent a great fun time re-living old times, going through many of my old haunts. I first went to my public profile and followed the links to all the places I've reviewed, and marked them as "been there." And then I sought out places I hadn't necessarily reviewed or places whose reviews are so old they've timed out of the system, or the places have closed, etc.. I did it geographically and also by name with Google. I really did enjoy that trip down memory lane. Now I've got check-marks to remind me of just what a PL I have been for about four decades ... :) ...

31 comments

• larryfisherman
    6 years ago
    I’ll check that out. It’s been quite a ride for me the past three years. It feels like a blur.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    What does it do?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah - I wonder what Founder had in mind w.r.t. this - how would this be used? And does it serve any purpose over the list of places reviewed under one's profile other than a club(s) one has not reviewed but has visited.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    It would be helpful if Founder would notify of changes made and the reasoning behind it
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    I just went through and checked off all the clubs I’ve reviewed, and then checked off 5 other clubs which I’ve been to, but haven’t reviewed, and probably won’t review because it has been over 5 years since I’ve been to any of those 5, and they are in areas where I no longer live.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I'm adding things to make the site more interesting and more of a community You will be able to interact easier with other members who've been to the same clubs as you
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    Hmm interesting
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    What are you going to do to stop the trolls that will say they've been to every club in existence?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Nothing. Why do we care?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Tell them boss ; )
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Seriously, if a guy wants to say he's been everywhere, WGAF?
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    ^^^ you are a badass. Thanks for all you do. I love the changes
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    "Seriously, if a guy wants to say he's been everywhere, WGAF?" Because it's not true. Diminishes the reliability of information on this site.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    It's simply going to be a way to connect mongers and dancers. Nothing more
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i certainly havn’t been everywhere. butt i have been somewhere. soooo... a mark at a club that i’ve been to once for 15 minutes is going to count as much as a mark for a club that i’ve been to hundreds of times for many hours each visit?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    The check mark will have no effect on the ratings. It will simply bring up a list of who's been there. Then you can message each other.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I went to my Favorites Clubs and checked all of them. I can see some value to knowing who has been to a club even if the person has not reviewed the club.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Another thing I noticed is location being more prominent in my profile. I'm not sure I like that. I mean, it's wrong so its not like I've got a real privacy concern, but I'd rather that info not be there at all. I do like the "been there" checkbox though. I've been to a bunch of clubs I've never reviewed, would be interesting to have a neat little list of where I've been & a view of who's been to some of my local clubs. Also, I'd be particularly interested to see what other clubs other reviewers have been to when reading a review. A review of a local club indicating great mileage is good info, but it means something different coming from a guy who has only been to air dance clubs vs a guy who has experience at other clubs with more interaction.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    The location setting will allow local users and dancers to connect easier. It will not be published. You can also set your location to anywhere you want.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    founder, Since this is sort of a BS (bitch session), may I toss something out there? As a long time member that has been relegated to almost not being able to club, I still like to check out TUSCL and sort of "club" vicariously. That said, I do like to comment at times. Now here is my suggestion. Is there some way to "flag" a discussion that a member is actively commenting in? One could quickly see which discussion they are following. Likely may not be worth your effort, but just thought I'd toss it out there. Thanks for all you do!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ That’s actually a good idea check threads you’re following I secoythat suggestion!
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    25, DAMN MAN, DAMN! We agree on something. :) I only suggested this because my clubbing history is extensive and I don't wish to give that up, but as you know, I am VERY limited in my ability to club. I just went through the "I've been there" check list. I was, "Holy crap! I've been to so many clubs!" Some I've visited have changed names God only know how many times.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    We actually agree on a lot more than that, you know it as well ;)
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    What if I want to message someone who hasn't been to the same club as I have?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^You can do that now why would that change?
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Good ideas
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Liwet, What I said has ZERO to do with messaging someone. Just would flag a discussion topic you've commented in, as you had interest in the discussion topic.
  • 3LeggedMan
    6 years ago
    I don’t understand where I go to see 1 what clubs a member has been to or 2 what members have been to a certain club. Those would be useful things that can be derived from this checkbox.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ yeah - I'm not clear on how this feature is/can be used - can you give an example of how you envisioned this feature working?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    3leegedman, that is exactly how it will work as soon as I get around to writing it
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    In that vain, this may very well be a very useful feature. There are often Discussion topics asking the entire group " have you been to this club? ". This way, the monger can look at the list and sent those people messages instead of putting up a topic that very few people care about.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion