tuscl

Who would have thought?

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:34 AM
Only 2 short years ago it is hard to belive that many people could have predicted it. While a lot of people are inexplicably pissed off at him, the first 2 years of his presidency has been the most successful of any, other than Ronald Reagan's, since 1900.

35 comments

• daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    What are the measurements to quantify success?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ You do mean since William McKinley right. ;)
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    Yeah like getting rid of clean water rules lmfao
  • Lone_Wolf
    6 years ago
    The comparison would be a family living large by maxxing out their credit cards. Looks like they're rich when in reality they are heading straight into destitution . Trump dramatically lowered taxes and increased spending. Of course it is going to look like party time. We are not paying for anything until later. Hey, it's fun. Let's enjoy it until the bust.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    At the heart of everything Trump has done is bringing jobs back from China. New trade deals. Lower business taxes. Deregulation. It’s all about jobs for the lower and middle class. The losers are the globalists who benefited from low wages and high corporate profits. The main stream media have done what they can to hide this. They call Trump every name in the book, hoping that Americans lose sight of the millions of jobs that are flooding in, and the families that have been saved as a result.
  • LostinFLA
    6 years ago
    I am middle class guy, in a middle class town. I now pay more for insurance, gas, electricity and groceries than I did 2 years ago, meanwhile my salary has been frozen.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I will say he has done or attempted to do what he stated during his campaign although I could do without some of the theatrics that come with his outside the beltway persona. For that +1 And a lot of what he says about our allies and trade agreements is true. I recall Chrysler and Ford both bitching up a storm as far back as 1980 about the unfair tariffs and then the Japanese dumping steel. And NAFTA killed most of the light industry auto/steel jobs in the Midwest. So +1 there And he kept the Hildabeast out of office although I notice the stake wasn't deep enough in her heart as she seems to be trying to rise up from the dead and run again. +3 with that one. I could go on and like I have said the man was not my first choice by far but he was my last one........thank-you Deb whats her name Schultz for that one.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ CNBC just reported that tdeficit has reached 17% tell us how that doesn’t matter again, that by the way is the highest it’s been since 2012. @Mark94
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Getting rid of clean water rules lol. Children think the mere passing of a rule means a benefit to society. Its like the asshole countries that jumped on the Paris Climate Change Accords like France; India and China; when their Government owned industries, especially the petroleum industry causes the problem in the first place. then they cheat on the rules, because no one, especially nothings like Obama enforced them. Um, how is that a national interest Lost? Is that inflation adjusted 25? If it is adjusted for inflation its the same. Besides, not one President has ever lowered the deficit once it started to grow back in the day. In the end, its fucking awesome to be almost 61 with a wonderfully fun misspent life. End the world today, because to me all it means is tomorrow isn't a work day.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    LostinFLA, you did however get a income tax cut, so if you are working, you get to keep more of your money. And if you have a 401k, it has to be growing, otherwise you have the wort investments ever. If you want to make more money at your job, you have 3 options. Wait for them to give you more. Ask for more, or change jobs. My largest increases always came from changing jobs. My smallest always came from waiting for them to give me more.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    It would be nice if media wages (on an hourly basis) would go up. That would help offset the things LostinFLA cited as having gone up, in addition to medical care and education/training. Though that's not likely to happen on a large scale nor by anyone acting on my behalf (gov't? POSTUS? a gov't bureaucrat? don't make me laugh) short of me finding a way and clawing up myself. I keep reading about the economy doing better but the only economy that matters to be is my personal economy. And right now my personal economy isn't doing so hot. At least there are some jobs numbers increases under Obama and Trump administrations. As much as it sucks to be trending water or slowly sinking, having no job at all is much worse. There seems to be some relief if you're a small business owner though. Ditto is you're an executive. Or if you have capital assets. The rest of us need hourly wage increases and productivity increases.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "What are the measurements to quantify success?" I can't remember all the criteria, but Fox News came up with a pretty good algorithm that is pretty har to argue against.
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    Yeah the tarrif isn't hurting China TOO terribly especially considering Apple is now one it's top customers. If you're old(er) or super rich, all his new changes benefits you. Otherwise, it isn't helping ANYONE else.
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    Fox news huh. Got a source that maybe isn't politically biased?
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    Dominic nailed it: just because one's personal economic situation has improved doesn't mean people from other groups have. Success in politics is in the eyes of whatever philosophy one subscribes to and the direct impact it has on the individual's personal situation.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I'm not super rich, and I get extra money in my paycheck every 2 weeks because of the trump tax cuts...FACT. I also have a friend visiting from china and they are terrified of these terrifs. They think the Chinese president is an idiot for not negotiating with Trump
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Trump’s successes gives me hope that maybe stripping won’t be the career highlight of my life (and anything else after will be downhill from there.) #trolllivesmatter
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I also have a friend that does business with HP and they are in the process of moving manufacturing out of China to keep their prices competitive. China isngoingntonfeel this impact and cave. They are hurting a lot more than we are. Trump wants zero terrifs, that's a good thing if he can get us there or close.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    Trump cant make your company pay you more money., he did however makes the government take less from you. If your company thinks you are happy with your current sallary, why would they pay you more. Ask for a raise, start looking for a new job, its not difficult. You guys will ask for a bbbjcim from a girl you met 9 minutes ago but not ask the company you've given x years to for more money???
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    [view link] General is correct--and HP isn't the only company.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    @General, I think I got the same tax cut (when I was working). It was $25 every two weeks. A better % than what the top 20% get but smaller dollar figure. I just didn't have a huge tax bill so it's not like they can return me much.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    @President Donald J. Trump: ""You're going to need people to work in these massive plants," Trump told the newspaper. "I'm going to start explaining to people: When you have an area that just isn't working like upper New York state, where people are getting very badly hurt, and then you'll have another area 500 miles away where you can't get people, I'm going to explain, you can leave. It's OK. Don't worry about your house."" ( [view link] ) Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump): tweeted: "Financial and jobs numbers are fantastic. There are plenty of new, high paying jobs available in our great and very vibrant economy. If you are not happy where you are, start looking - but also remember, our economy is only getting better. Vote in Midterms! September 20, 2018" ( [view link] ) @Billionaire Ken Langone quoted: "'This economy is booming,' and Trump deserves a lot of credit for it. Trump's economic agenda is fueling a resurgence in the economy that cannot be denied, the co-founder of Home Depot says." ( [view link] ) @Billionaire Ken Langone,co-founder of Home Depot, said "every indicator" for the moment is showing a clear path for economic growth. Transportation companies, often a leading indicator, are doing great, Langone said in a "Squawk Box" interview. "My truck leasing business, we can't get delivery of new trucks until next spring." ( [view link] ) @Billionaire Ken Langone quoted: "The corporate tax cut, championed by Trump and Republicans on Capitol Hill, has certainly been a boon to growth, but wiping business regulations off the books has been the main driver, Langone said." ( [view link] ) @Billionaire Ken Langone quoted: "Deregulation is having a profound impact of the mindset of businesspeople" who are more willing to invest and grow their companies, which in turn translates into a stronger economy, said Langone, also founder and chief of investment bank Invemed Associates. ( [view link] )
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    General, I hope it's not difficult to find a job!! I've been looking for three and a half months. I don't think I've ever been out of work this long, so it seems odd to me. Esp when I see statistics that we're near full employment, jobs going un filled, talent shortage, everyone who wants a job can have one or already has one. lol General, normally I would have thought the out of work were "lazy" or "didn't want" to work. But here we are. Not sure what the deal-ee-oh is. I keep at it. :)
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    daddyfatsack we all learned that lesson from Porkulus.....I mean the Stimulus package of 2009 where we created......wait I mean saved or created.....wait I mean saved or created or people didn't quit because we backfilled their teacher pensions.....I mean wait saved, created, backfilled select benefits for state employees of liberal states, and bought lawn mowers and claimed them to each be worth 25 jobs............but I digress. Or wait included census workers........some of them not just twice but thrice as we laid them off and rehired them and counted each time as another job......... I kept a very close eye on this crap when it was happening because it was beyond a joke in the area I lived............. Understand I hate all BS equally......but that includes Obama BS as well no matter how much the media wants to hide it. If you hate dumbasses named Palin ( and I did) then it's okay to hate the ones named Pelosi. ( and I do) but judge them both equally.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Probably the single most important event in the past two years was the corporate tax cut which increased the deficit by something like $700 billion. In response, the Rs will try to cut back Medicare, and McConnell was talking about just that today. Will affect goofy clowns like the OP who don't read and don't know any better Luckily the House will almost certainly flip soon
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    Please believe when I tell you I don't subscribe to group think so I loathe both equally.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "Fox news huh. Got a source that maybe isn't politically biased?" Politically biased? There can't be political motives in journalism or people wouldn't be able to trust the media.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^Smash that like button.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I was laid off a few months back, UNDER OBABA, though I didnt blame him for it. I was happy enough to add to his unemployment numbers though. Laid off because my job went to India. I was real worried about finding work, took me about 2 months before I got a paycheck. But, it was a 40% increase in pay, I had to buy my own healthcare, but I made a lot more money. 6 months later, i got a full time gig, a little more money, but full benefits. If i hadn't got laid off, I might still be at the company making a lot less than I do today. Not everyone has my kind of luck in in the job search, but keep looking and I think things will go your way eventually.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    If you don’t think the deficit matters think this way approximately 40 cents out of every tax dollar collected is used to pay the interest only, if interest rates rise just a small amount and they will, we won’t have money to fund defense infrastructure and other necessary items, let alone the giveaways that the government uses to trick people into complacency. I’m all for reducing regulation, I am however mindful that we’ve seen this show before, it doesn’t end well, each new cycle the booms are bigger and so are the busts. As far as the market is concerned stocks are showing signs of a new problem that is happening now, because companies flush with cash keep buying up their outstanding shares, the prices are becoming much more unreliable as to their value. The proof of this is every quarter the two week rule prevents companies from buying back prior to their reporting requirements, as a result you are seeing the market voluntarily at the quarters when there is a free fall like last week’s drop. I’m no economist and I’m sure some of you guys can explain this better than I just did but this is the result of maxing out the credit card not genius on the president’s part.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    The Chinese economy has been a house of cards for years. They’ve used debt, huge debt, to build infrastructure, subsidize entire industries, and keep a billion people happy. China was in the process of carefully trying to deleverage when Trump happened. Now, bankruptcies are occurring, companies are moving to lower cost India and SE Asia, and the real estate bubble is showing signs of imploding.. Trump isn’t the sole cause of this, but his tariffs and threats triggered it.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "If you don’t think the deficit matters think this way approximately 40 cents out of every tax dollar collected is used to pay the interest only," In other words, the government would crumble if we balanced the budget now because we have to pay so much interest on the deficit that swelled so high during Obama's administration.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ you’re no economist either ;)
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    flag, did you just WANT to start a fight ???
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ what gave you the first clue?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion