tuscl

NBA Season Starts Tuesday

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Yes, it’s basketball season again. Lots of movement in free agency last year. But did all that movement change any of the teams that will be the best ? Let’s not talk about the playoffs just yet. Just the regular season. Who are your picks to have the best records for the season ?

In the East it’s kind of obvious. The Celtics are loaded. Probably the only question mark on the Celtics team is who gets the minutes.

In the West, I’m bucking the favorites. I am picking the Rockets to again have the best regular season record. Come play-off time, it may not matter again. But the Rockets will be the #1 seed come play-off time.

Anyone disagree ? Any predictions on how bad the Lakers are going to be ?

8 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Season is going to be interesting, with all of the realignment caused by LBJs move to LA, it’s gonna take some time to sort out, but I agree, Celtics in the east, Rockets in the west, but I think Golden State is still the team to beat, and Toronto could surprise everyone.
    Not really sure the Lakers are going to be the failure everyone is predicting, let’s see how they do before committing to that scenario.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    For the most part I agree Celtics and Rockets but I do think the Lakers built a team of puzzle pieces that simply do not fit together as a team.

Toronto and the 76ers will be interesting to watch in the East.
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    I think the Rockets lose a lot on defense and end up being more like previous Rockets teams than last year's outfit. GS will probably get the 1 seed in the West because of that and their own injury situation being better than last year. The East pretty clearly belongs to the Celtics. I don't think the Lakers will be that bad: I see them going 46-36. They won 35 last year - another year of experience for the young guys plus LeBron should add double digits to their win total.
  • larryfisherman
    6 years ago
    Carmelo makes the Rockets worse. Golden State will have the best record in the West.

I think Ben Simmons and Embiid will take huge leaps in their game this year, so I think 76ers will have the best record in the East. Toronto will be right there will Philly, Kawhi has got a lot to prove this year, so he’ll be a man on a mission. I think with the Celtics they’re going to struggle how to divide shots between all their talent.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Rockets are going to lose again. Cp3 will get hurt, harden is overrated because his defense is that bad. Who cares about all of those 3s he makes if he takes 50 shots a game and he can't make a shot in the playoffs. I will root for the rockets though over the warriors.
    Boston is good but Irving will get injured again. It will be them and Toronto in the east finals. Golden State will win the finals again this year is my guess. I hope it at least goes to game 7.
    Lakers will make the playoffs but I don't see them going far. Maybe next year. You can't write off LeBron no matter if you like him or not. He will always be in the mix.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Lakers will be terrible. Mark my words! Lebron needs other SUPERSTARS to win! Leonard, davis, Thompson, Butler(who doesnt want to be on bron's team), one of those guys.
    Houston and okc got better with melo going to houston. Same with san Antonio and Toronto trading leonard for derozan.

• galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Lebron doent need a superstar on his team to succeed. To win a title, yes. What superstar did he have last year? Kevin Love was not a star. Only averaged 17.8pts and 9.3 Rb last year. Thats average. The rest of the team are average players and he made it to the Finals. Year before he had Kyrie who he made into a star. Who did he have when he first got drafted? No one....Mo williams was good but not a superstar. Shaq was old and washed up, only averaged 12pts per game and 7 rebounds. They won 61 games that year and it was because of him. The next year with Lebron gone the Cavs were 19-63. Dont let your hatred blind you.
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    Celtics will have the best record in the east followed closely by Toronto. Philly, Milwaukee, Indiana round out the good teams leaving the last 3 playoff spots to in any order Detroit, Miami and Washington who will all be .500 give or take a couple games.

Out west Houston goes for home court again but comes up just short to GS for best record. Denver, Portland and Lakers are the next tier of teams that will be around 48-54 wins. Utah, Memphis and NO are in the back of the pack.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion