tuscl

Reactions to the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:14 AM
Anyone watching the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh? I find the testimony from Christine Blasey Ford very credible and I'd like to have an FBI investigation before any confirmation vote. Other reactions?

96 comments

• NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I'm watching it and yes, she seems credible. The prosecutor kind of sucks.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    “seems credible”? That’s a great basis to destroy the job and reputation of a guy who has served his country well, not to mention endlessly humiliating him on national tv over something that has never been, and could never be, proven. The democrats have taken political conflict to a new and unprecedented level that will ultimately do great harm to what is left of the country.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Using a woman who claims to have been sexually attacked as a pawn for political gain will also harm the so called me too movement. A backlash is coming, and shit like this brings that day ever closer.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    JS69, why are you quoting me and not the OP? I understand that I had similar views, but why is my opinion more important to respond to than the person who started the thread in the first place?
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Trump would have denied saying "grab 'em by the pussy" had it not been caught on audio.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I find her to be an appalling liar and a fraud. There is not one person on earth today who recalls something that happened 32 years ago exactly as it happened. She ha=d a different story in 2012; but her therapist wrote it down wrong lol; is a left wing California college professor represented by a leader of the Trump resistance; didn't give a shit when he received his lifetime appointment to the bench 12 years ago and her story isn't credible at all. FBI investigation? They've done 6 and he has been vetted six times. This is simply all lies designed to delay the nomination in the hopes that the Democrats take back the Senate in November. No wonder we get the likes of Trump when decent people are libeled and slandered daily by the enemies of America: Progressives. Kavanaugh is a great Judge with a sterling track record.
  • magicrat
    6 years ago
    Some of our older members surely remember the Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill. Just an excuse for our blowhard "distinguished" senators to spout out of their pie hole and then vote how they were going to anyway. Those who forget history.....
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    Hmmm. Hard to keep the politics out of this! Recall that there were three people in the room at the time of the alleged assault; the third person, Mark Judge has not been interviewed or subpoenaed. Does a Supreme Court nomination merit a thorough investigation? What harm would come out of an FBI investigation to verify if evidence supports either of these conflicting accounts.
  • skupla
    6 years ago
  • ime
    6 years ago
    She is a total liar about Kavanaugh, it is painfully obvious.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Well the polygraph she took seems to negate any claims that she is lying.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Grassley blew it. By using a kid glove approach, he guaranteed that he couldn’t expose the holes in her testimony. This whole thing is sleazy and underhanded on the Dems, but it will likely work.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Polygraph doesn't mean shit, and can't even be used in court. Something at sometime may have happened to her but not by him. She is just out for money (gofundme)and to try to block his appointment, she is a piece of garbage.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Nina, I felt like your post had a better quote to prove my point. But if it makes you feel better I feel the same about the OP’s views. The only way that our country manages to survive political conflict is that all sides feel like the things Americans agree on are more important than the things that we disagree about. Until now. The democrats refusal to accept Trump as president is destroying that unifying idea that once kept our country together.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "Well the polygraph she took seems to negate any claims that she is lying." LOL. Who is naive?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    This is getting stupid, any body who believes this is about Kavanaugh and/or Blasey- Ford is naive and politically illiterate.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    When someone chooses to takes a polygraph and the results show that her probability of lying is nearly zero, it is odd that she is still called a liar and a piece of garbage or whatever other insults people try to discredit her with. No, they are not admissable in court. They are relevant though. This is not a criminal trial. And while not admissable in court, they still are used in other legal proceedings for people who wish to prove their innocence.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    There was video of the polygraph, which hasn’t been turned over. Also, the polygrapher was selected, and paid for, by the Dems. If the Republicans can get ahold of the video, it will expose the sham of the polygraph.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Lol right. Ok.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    BREAKING: Ford's polygraph expert has been a subcontractor of the Democrat law firm representing Ford in DC. Hanafin's a "progressive" from Boston who says that when administering polygraphs on "victims" like Ford u automatically "believe them" & don't ask them specific questions
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Look, I am big on consent and staunchly against sexual rape, but this is a _witchhunt_ whereas we should be (also) concerned about the _devils_ we aren't pursuing. This is *weaponized* metoo attack on a politcal enemy. This is what I meant about the _problem_ right now with metoo. We're being naive and illiterate here. Metoo isn't about helping women. It's being used to take down political opponents. Full Stop. And when (the royal they) they run out of key political enemies, (the royal they) they will kill the metoo movement, too. Mark my words. We're being played. 100% --> "The democrats refusal to accept Trump as president is destroying ..." This is weaponized metoo. Women of Tuscl: do you think (the royal they) they give a shit? No, they don't. They done far worse to get ahead "killing it on the senate floor", and I'm talking about the *women*. They *men* are just as bad. Both sides of the isle. They don't give a shit. Nothing will change.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Keep in mind that Ford was only asked two questions during the actual polygraph test after being interviewed at a hotel by the technician: 1. Is any part of your statement false? 2, Did you make up any part of your statement? Not exactly a probing, detailed exam.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Ford just acknowledged that she colluded with Emma Brown of the Washington Post over two months prior to Brown publishing her story in the paper after Kavanaugh's hearing concluded and just before his nomination was scheduled to be voted on. Perfect timing. Now, tell me this whole thing wasn’t a set up.
  • Lone_Wolf
    6 years ago
    She seems overly fragile for professor of psychology. I think it's BS.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Psychologists become psychologists because they are screwed up and want to fix themselves.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    This entire hearing is a sham - and a sad attempt by democrats to discredit a decent man. It’s horrible that they will resort to such tactics. The string of women the Democrats have produced each tell more unbelievable stories than the next! The latest one - who claims to have attended 10 gang rape parties - that Kavanaugh attended - is the least credible. It’s sad - but largely true - that when the same lie is repeated over and over - it seems to gain a foothold with certain parts of the public. As far as I’m concerned Ford is the most credible liar. However, she’s still a liar! This shit needs to end before they destroy a decent man’s credibility.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I just dont know what the FBI would ever have to do with this. She is saying he committed a crime (by today's standards) but this would be a local police issue assuming the statute of limitations is not up. Why would the Feds look into this, just because he is up for a federal office? I know I've been drunk a a party or club in my youth and got "aggressive" with girls, just walk up and start dancing/grinding on them during a song, if they shoot u down, you typically move on. Heck, I remember I pinned a girl against a wall once while we were making out at a party (I dont think I could pick her out of a lineup of 2 years later). It was a heat of the moment thing, she didnt seem to mind. If later on, 30 years later on, she said that she felt threatened, I dont know how I could ever defend myself other to say she didnt seem to mind at the time, that's assuming I remember the girl at all. If someone asked me about a certain girl on a drunken night, I dont think I'd ever remember, thus I'd probably deny doing it. If I raped someone, I'm pretty sure I'd remember that. But shes not claiming rape, shes claiming sexual assault which probably every one of us could technically be charged with. Even u dancers could sexually assult someone....I thought we just go in VIP and talk, then she took her clothes off and jumped on my lap and started rubbing her butt on my groin. I'm guessing something did happen, but shes making it sound much worse than she or ANYONE at the time thought it was. I'm guessing he tried something when he was drunk, she said no or someone walked in or whatever and he stopped, and left. Apparently stopping falls in the same rhelm as full on rape now days. End of the day I think everything is being used to delay to the midterms, dems hope the power swing and they can block any pick outright. An FBI investigation would certainly put it past midterms. I think Trump should announce his backup pick, someone unapologetically Christian, unapologetically anti roe v wade, anti big government, just the most conservative, far right wing guy possible, a guy that makes Kavanaugh look like a liberal. See how quick they democrats vote to confirm this "sexual predator" then.
  • Studme53
    6 years ago
    Lol - politics is show business for ugly people. Change the channel.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    And pseudo-intellectuals
  • founder
    6 years ago
    RBG was confirmed 96-0. Republicans knew she was left leaning, yet still approved her because she was clean. Politicians today are much too party controlled. If all people were judged on things they did when they were 17, how could we possibly trust anyone? Our senators are more embarrassing than our president.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^That saying quite a bit
  • rossl
    6 years ago
    Founder voiced the main point that has been in my mind… Even if this happened, and was reported, he was a juvenile, and at most some counseling would be imposed, and it would be expunged from his record. Remember, we didn’t look to destroy young people’s lives back in 1980’s USA. Meaning, that it would have no bearing upon his adult life. So, other than the Dems “gotcha“ 11th hour surprise, why is this of any importance whatsoever??? Also, the polygraph was vague at best, and being a professional psychologist, who would be better at passing one then her? Hardly conclusive IMHO.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    it’s a witchhunt. may be more correctly a warlock hunt. I bet you that most of these other fucking Government idiots are just as guilty.
  • Lone_Wolf
    6 years ago
    Dems are looking like idiots during the hearings.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    These people are embarrassing this is the best we can do in this country, it’s time to get rid of all of them.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    The problem is the system, it doesn't matter what party is in power. two sides of the same coin. the same problems existed before this administration and the same ones will exist after it.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I've always thought of Lindsey Graham as being a bit of a pantywaist, but his admonition was right on point.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    Regardless of what you believe the Democrats, supposed to be the champions of women, shamefully used sexual assault to further their political agendas.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Live, Now In Recess U.S. Senate Hearing With Judge Brett Kavanaugh After Sexual Assault Allegations [view link] SJG
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Typical thoughtful response from @Electron, cartoonish post from @Flagooner, and vapid post from @Smith. Simply, really: should order an FBI investigation and get testimony from Mike Judge.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Simple*
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Betting market has chance of Kavanaugh confirmation at about 80% as I write this [view link]
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    The hearing is just a sign of the times. Humans as a race love a good public thrashing and/or car crash. Social media, 24 hour news cycle, and guilty until proven innocent make it easy to take people down. That being said I believe he is as guilty as hell.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i’m glad i’m as pure as the wind driven snow. no skeletons in my closet. (i hope).
  • I don't consider myself to be dem but who would like about this ..esp when your reputation is at stake. Everyone knows who she is .
  • At best, it is 50/50..but without legitimate proof, u guys are acting like the chances are 0/100. U guys are speaking as if u actually know what happened which u don't. U guys are quick to asume everything is fake, like how I assumed I was a dude but I was.not.
  • Book Guy
    6 years ago
    Anita Hill -- three weeks, nineteen witnesses. Brett Kavanaugh -- less than one week, zero witnesses. I am not particularly convinced in favor of, or against, Dr. Ford. I find her credible but possibly wrong. I don't think she is being used for political gain, and I think anyone who reads that into this situation is profoundly incompetent at looking at reality. I suggest that person no longer watch Fox. I am entirely convinced against Judge Kavanaugh. I find him an obvious member of the old boys' club, and a liar. I also now know that he becomes aggressive and verbally abusive when he worries that his desires may be thwarted -- which is exactly the profile of a rapist. So, because of his actions before the committee, I am more rather than less convinced that he did engage in something wrong. Not sure WHAT ... I would guess that it is likely that his behavior was a type of "Animal House" frat bash that involved wrongful acts toward females; or, a habit there-of, like many people have confirmed, from his fraternity, from his high school and college, days, and so on. What I dislike the most, is not that he might have done something wrong back when. What I dislike most is that the party behind his nomination has prevented adequate access to truthful non-biased investigation. What I dislike second most is that Kavanaugh's attitude suggests to me that he cannot conceive of the fact that there are citizens other than white males in the USA. He speaks regularly about his own rights, and how abused he has been, and how his club is being put-upon. That's enough to convince me that he lacks the worldly awareness necessary for serving adequately as a Supreme Court Justice. This isn't t say, that I inherently think that Dr. Ford's allegations are entirely accurate. But much of the debunking of them comes from the same Kavanaugh-esque point of view. Questions about her testimony are consistently based on assumptions of the white-male-old-boy crowd: why didn't she report sooner; why doesn't she have a datebook of the event; why can't she corroborate her story; why did she keep going to the parties; why is she "out to get" someone? All these are based on the assumptions that, among other things, there will be no reprisal for accusations, the police will listen, you won't get raped a SECOND time for complaining about your FIRST rapist, you are willing to abandon your social life and let the rapists win control of your weekend, you have contacts and friends who can help you out when you get wronged. Although none of that is necessarily true, none of it is necessarily false either; and white-male-old-boys tend to assume the best of the police when rape victims tend to assume the worst. Therefore, Dr. Ford's debunkers appall me the most in this entire situation. And they're the committee. I would not be surprised if private property rights in America (a synonym for "freedom" right now, most idiotically) become so important under our next Supreme Court holdings that we start to abandon the concept of human rights. We're already doing it in subtle unofficial ways. When blacks complain that a private golf course owned by whites ought to be required to allow blacks to play there, Kavanaugh doesn't 'get it' that the blacks aren't rich and privileged enough to buy their own golf course in order to play on it and kick off the hispanics. His whole life he's been in the room with people who own golf courses. He's as un-American as it gets. And that's why he should never make decisions for America.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I disliked the entire spectacle, this group of people that we have in Washington D. C. are making us the laughingstock of the world. I don’t know which one is worse, but I do know this is just plain unseemly. Senators of both parties grandstanding making political speeches and using these two people to make a mockery out of our country. This entire process is a disgrace and an insult to the intelligence of the voters, a disservice to our republic and these bastards are genuinely clueless as to how terrible this is.
  • Book Guy
    6 years ago
    Nevertheless, it might spell good news for mongers. Women might become legal property again?
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    ^lol
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Sphincter
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Book Guy is as full of shit as Ford and the Democrats. She proved nothing with no details and nothing but holes in her story and contradictions, the only one with any kind of documentation was Kavanaugh. This was nothing but a hail mary to delay the process.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    The only way to get rid of corruption in Washington is to drastically reduce the size and power of the federal government. Corrupt politicians are attracted to power like moths to a flame. Tell me how these congressmen become multi millionaires while serving the public. Strange.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Every major expansion of government in the last 50 years has been facilitated by an accommodating Supreme Court. Privacy rights. Redistribution schemes. Commerce clause. If Kavanagh joins the SC, that trend ends for a generation. If RBG is replaced by a conservative, we may actually see the government reined in. Dems showed how far they will go to keep control of the courts.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Do I believe that something at least similar to what she is claiiming happened? Yes, I believe that she wouldn't put herself and her family through this media storm for political reasons or just to get her 15 minutes of fame. However, I also doubt that her memory is 100% accurate after this long. I know that there are bad memories from my past that I remember as worse than they actually were. Do I believe she is able to prove that this happened after all this time? No, especially given the fact that the "witnesses" she claimed were present have stated they don't remember it. Should this stop his confirmation? No. Even if it were accurate and could be proven he would be guilty of a juvenile offense along the lines of sexual imposition. That would be a decades old juvenile misdemeanor that shouldn't negate the great work he has done since then. If he had been convicted as a juvenile and sentenced to community service and counseling would that have been enough to keep him from becoming a judge or justice? Good luck finding enough qualified people to fill our government that didn't do something as a teenager or in their 20s that could've been charged as a misdemeanor. Hell Ted Kennedy killed someone as part of a DUI and still got elected numerous times. Isn't a large part of the court system built upon the idea that people can be rehabilitated over time? Otherwise I guess we should just lock everyone up for life if they are convicted of a misdemeanor or felony since they dhould never be able to overcome that mistake.
  • rossl
    6 years ago
    Nicole94 assumed she was a dude...??? Musta missed that post. And, luckily, also any avatar pics from her “addadictomy” phase. Would hate to try and un-see her with a wang....
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    I don't know what the truth is in this "he said, she said" melodrama. But I found Kavanaugh's testimony to be remarkably combative and dismissive. He sounded like a spoiled rich boy who is used to getting his way, even if by yelling and bullying others. I'm not sure that he will make an even handed, thoughtful Supreme Court Justice. One more take home point for me--- political leanings and affiliations certainly influence perceptions, even of the very same event. Makes the concept of "truth" seem quaint and elusive.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Game. Set. Match. With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Dianne Feinstein--should have her ass kicked for how she handled it. Through all the postering and bullshit I saw from what I watched yesterday and have been reading the last couple of days it's what not is being reported that should concern people more than what is. And as much as I have been down on the guy before Lindsey Graham of all people had it right he came up a few rungs in my appreciation of him. ( which is really saying something considering how little I liked him before yesterday)
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "U guys are quick to asume everything is fake, like how I assumed I was a dude but I was.not." ^It's not our fault you noticed your ball sack, Nicoke1994.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I'm shocked that reactions to the testimony are strictly divided by partisan beliefs. Shocked I tell you...
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Several articles out there talking about the movie “Sixteen Candles” and how date rape was considered comedy back in the 1980s. It sets the context for the Kavanaugh hearing and explains the attitude of most of the old farts on this forum: [view link] To the dancers on this forum: I don’t know how you can stand the repulsive sexist attitudes of the older generation. When the dust settles, we’ll end up with a very bad supreme court justice and it will hurt ordinary working people in terms of things like labor unions, laws that affect the environment, finance, and especially healthcare. Most of the leading Republicans know that Trump is an incompetent, stupid, fool -- but it’s worth holding their nose to appoint a justice who will uphold their agenda for a generation.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Random I’m only going to point to one thing, elections have consequences, this was one of them, unfortunately for young people getting the right to vote, didn’t come with awareness of that very plain fact, the largest bloc of voters sat the last one out, this is the result.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    ^agree
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Sphincter
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I didn't watch the hearings and haven't read up on the details. I tend think something did happen where Cavanaugh was involved - from the news clips that I saw he acted as someone that had been caught per se - I was also turned off by the way he carried himself, he came across as arrogant and his personality came across as forceful and as someone that plays by his own rules; sure his demeanor could be put under the umbrella of someone who is innocent and thus pissed of being accused of something he didn't do, but per the eye-test he doesn't seem innocent to me but of course that is just my uneducated birds-eye view not having followed this closely. If all he did wrong was be a party-boy in college that's one thing, but if he forced himself on a woman that is something else - but I think he claims he was a virgin for a certain length of time beyond college so if he wasn't getting any coochie I can def see him being so horny as a young-man that he did something he o/w might've not done, IDK. Assuming he did it, is it enough to disqualify him over something he did in college and given his whole body of work, IDK. As others mentioned politics trumps all here - the appointment is too politically valuable for either side to give in and the Dems want an FBI investigation likely bc they have a decent chance of possibly winning the Senate in November and thus could block a nominee in the future, thus I see an FBI investigation as a stall tactic. I guess no one is perfect and I guess the question is whether Cavanaugh is too imperfect to be a SC judge (again assuming the allegations are true but then again AFAIK only one side was willing to take a polygraph). The little I've seen gives me the "impression" he's lying but who knows for sure what happened, but lately in many he-said/she-said incidents it turned out the woman was telling the truth - IDK if any other women have made similar accusations but if they have then it may be similar to other cases we've seen recently of boys of a certain generation behaving badly.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    "Sphincter" You know, geezer, you keep mentioning your sphincter repeatedly, and I'm surprised you can spell the word at your age. But the fecal incontinence you're facing is just a normal part of the aging process. Just make sure the orderlies at your home remember to change your diaper and you should be fine. Geriatric elf.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I watched the entire hearing ( isn’t retirement great !). I am convinced that [view link] believed everything she said, in spite of huge holes in her story and zero corroboration. . I am convinced that Diane Feinstein, and the lawyers she recommended, used Ford, lied to her, manipulated her, and caused her tremendous harm and pain. I am convinced that Judge Kavanaugh is the most honorable person in Washington D.C..
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Despite Gut-Wrenching Testimony from Dr. Blasey Ford, GOP Moves Forward with Vote on Kavanaugh [view link] SJG
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Here’s something to watch for. One of Ford’s lawyers, Bromwich, is also Andrew McCabe’s lawyer. Bromwich is also a former DOJ/FBI official. It seemed odd that McCabes lawyer joined Ford’s legal team, Now, we know why. The FBI investigation is a scheme, planned from the start to delay Kavanaugh’s confirmation past the election. Once the investigation is in the hands of the corrupt FBI, they will stall and delay, well past the stated one week. You heard it here first.
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    This might have broken the record for the amount of stupid in a discussion topic and I could only read maybe 5 comments.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Jeff Flake !! [view link] SJG some books: [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    "She says they laughed while It was happening." [view link] Jeff Flake [view link] The Latest: GOP delays Kavanaugh vote for investigation [view link] Donald Trump orders FBI probe in to Brett Kavanaugh [view link] The decision marks a reversal for the administration, which had argued that Kavanaugh had already been vetted. SJG
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Yeah @SJG, Flake did the right thing. I guess he is taking McCain's mantle now that McCain is gone
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Sphincter
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Over view: [view link] And yes RandomMember, I think that is right. Flake did do what was right, and he has now accepted John McCain's mantle, as McCain has atoned for so much of past decades, and is now elsewhere. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So I guess elections do matter: Doug Jones [view link] Jones prosecuted Thomas Edwin Blanton Jr. and Bobby Frank Cherry, two members of the Ku Klux Klan, for their roles in the 1963 16th Street Baptist Church bombing. Doug Jones at the Bobby Frank Cherry Trial [view link] SJG
  • anthonyu
    6 years ago
    I guess Mark's "Game. Set. Match" didn't quite work out. I don't buy "It doesn't matter because whatever happened was 36 years ago." We sentence 14 year olds to life in prison; 17 year olds who have consensual sex with 15 year olds to a lifetime as a registered sex offender." I've seen the latter happen in a trial in my home county. I vehemently disagree with such excessive punishments of young people. But, Kavanaugh is not being sent to prison for life; he just may get one of the most prestigious jobs in the world - for life. In the meantime I sure wouldn't hire him to baby sit my grand kids. I also don't buy all the blather about Democrats and the FBI conspiring, I can see and hear what's taking place with my own eyes. A thorough investigation can find the date, the house, the driver(s), jar Judge's memory, and maybe others. Even then, things will still be murky, although I'm not inclined to believe that Brett was an angel. He probably did some stupid things. What really bothers me was his performance at the hearing. I don't think he portrayed a judicial temperament. Talking about Clinton vengeance seemed off the deep end. I didn't buy his tears. And he lied about stuff. Like the Renate woman. The kids were obviously bragging they'd had their way with her, but Kavanaugh said they were all just good friends. My ass. I don't think I'd want him judging my case.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    In effect saying that if I am not save then no one is: brett kavanaugh sexual assault [view link] The most important thing we can do to protect minors if to life all sexual abuse SOL's [view link] SJG
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    The democrats had all this information a long time ago, not the republicans. However the democrats waited until this nomination process just to delay the vote and hope they could derail him just for political purposes. This is obvious to anyone with a brain. Will it work? It has succeeded in adding a week at least. They will keep it up regardless of whether the guy accused is completely innocent or not. The democrats don't care if he's innocent or not, they just don't want another conservative judge on the Supreme Court. Actually they might like it if he was guilty in the hope someone could find something that sticks in helping block him from getting voted in. The socialist democrats are pulling out all the stops to block him regardless if he's innocent or not. I suspect he's completely innocent. I tend to be suscipious of people doing things fir political purposes. This is completely political. If they had credible evidence, the democrats couod have released all they information they had weeks ago during the FBI vetting process and background checks they did. There isn't going to be any new evidence after 30 years. I dont even remember roommates I had in college after 30 years. If a lawyer kept telling me it was the Supreme Court nominee and convinced me even though it was a lie, I might convince myself he was my roommate in college and that I went to a party with him even if I never knew the guy. People's memories are lousy after 30 years. Some people have good memories, others remember incorrect information but remain totally convinced their memories are correct. How many of you guys believe someone when they switched into an alternate universe? The poster sounded legitimate and believed it. Maybe she switched too and was raped in some parallel Earth universe before she came here to testify about what she remembers. No proof whatsoever that her memory is correct. Memories are hard to prove without any evidence. People are considered innocent in this country until proven guilty. Making strong accusations that can destroy someone with no evidence should be considered a crime in my opinion and anyone aiding and abetting also criminal. The democrats are committing criminal acts in my opinion. However that's my opinion and probably the only ones who care are those who are not happy with the process. I was considering not bothering to vote in the midterms but I will definitely vote republican now. I might even vote for Lynsey Graham even though I never voted for him in my life that I can remember. I thought he was more like a democrat and didn't know a single republican who voted for the guy. I like what he said recently. I haven't liked a lot of what he said in years past.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    However I fully realize the elections are never close in South Carolina so my vote here has never changed anything. I do plan on voting absentee. I can imagine a huge uproar after the guy becomes a Supreme Court justice and roe vs wade gets overturned and abortion rights become state rights instead of national rights. I'm confident California will keep the right to kill unborn kids as will all liberal states. The right to murder will be maintained by people like SGJ and all other similar minded people. If he could SGJ would likely expand the right to murder adults as well even though he might say he is against that unless they are a Christian parent etc. corrupting kids with the silly notion that there might be a God or hell
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Dr Ford’s attorney has already rejected the one week deadline as “artificial”. So much for the cooperation she promised in the hearing.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Isn't the ace in the hole that Senator Flake can vote (anyway) to move it to a floor vote? (regardless of what he said/promised in good faith)
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Dominic77, he did vote to move it to a floor vote.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Flake is trying to copy McCain. Claim to be a Republican, buddy up to Democrats, screw the Republicans about once a year, get the resulting positive press, label yourself a principled renegade, rather than the traitorous asshole you really are.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    @nina, I'm still getting caught up on the news. I hadn't yet read/learned that. Thanks for sharing on Senator Flake. Thank you.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Senator Flake. Couldn't have a more appropriate surname.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Well, maybe Senator Dickless, but I guess that's being misogynistic.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    "Senator Dickless" __ I think you might be projecting, there, @Flagooner (our little elf-boy). The story about Flake listening to senator Coons and coming up with a logical compromise is an example of the way the senate should work. The two of them are friends and they actually listen to each other.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    In the long run Flake might have salvaged this for the Republicans.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I should toss my hat into the ring. I didn’t get drunk until I was like 23. and I was so timid around girls that I’m sure that my sexual prowess wouldn’t be an issue.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Trump is picking his SC Justices from a public list of 20 names. I assume, by this point, the Dems have found, or manufactured, a Dr Ford equivalent for every one of them. The next Justice is likely to be a female judge named Barrett ( she has 8 children ). It will be interesting to see what scandal they use for her.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Who is Kavanaugh? What is all thus about?
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^Ask Nicole1994. She's our resident expert about rape culture.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    The most amazing thing about so many sexual harassment cases is the women all aged terribly and never can find a husband. The woman Cosby is going to prison for could pass for a tranny.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Kavanaugh Schoolmate Urges Georgetown Prep Grads to Break Silence on Sexual Assault, Party Culture [view link] SJG Don McLean - American Pie [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion