tuscl

How many clubs that you have reviewed are now closed?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:27 AM
I'm at 50%. Of the 35 places shown on my profile, 18 of them are now closed.

35 comments

• goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    9 of 29. Three in the last month.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Looks like 1 out of 84. Theres more than a few i am appalled if they are indeed still open.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    11 out of 53. Appears most of the closed ones are in Texas and Toronto metro (for me).
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    2 out of 12 clubs were essentially sold and unrecognizable from what they were. I don't know how you would categorize that. There were 2 more clubs that i was going to review, but they've since taken a turn for the worse and i have no desire to visit them. They're still open. I've seen three clubs close shortly after i visited them over 10 years ago, but i never reviewed them and this was long before i joined TUSCL.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Shadow. ..stop going to the good clubs. :)
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    i was surprised that I was at 10 closed out of 33 clubs... although the most recent closings did not hurt my feelings
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @ bubba you said exactly what I was thinking earlier but I’m not in Atlanta so you needed to tell The Godfather;)
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Zero
  • ArtCollege
    6 years ago
    11 closed out of 63. Kind of fun looking over the list; some I hardly remembered, others I'd like to forget, and a couple with great memories.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    I think Shadow might have reviewed that Salome-Herod dance. I think that place is closed now.
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    Three are closed: Other than those; one is probably on the verge of closing, one is constantly opening and closing (it's open now) and two have changed names.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    20 of 222. It actually should be 18 though. 2 of the clubs reopened under new names. Instead of just changing the closed listings on here to reflect the new name and new prices, some moron created an entirely new listing for the latest incarnations of both clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Kinda hard to know for sure since TUSCL is not always up to date w.r.t. closed clubs and a fair # of the clubs I've hit have been outside my area so IDK their current status - also as IHearVoices mentioned a handful of the ones on my list have changed name sometimes several times or a new club has opened in their location after being closed for a while - I tried going thru my list but gave up.

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I'd assume the TUSCL list could use a good scrubbing w.r.t. many clubs that are probably closed but still on the active-list
  • aham5
    6 years ago
    @Sinclair how long did it take you to hit 222 clubs?
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    6 out of 36 listed. There are a number of clubs I visited that were never listed pre-TUSCL.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    3 of 15
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    6 years ago
    Out of 28, one has closed and three others became regular bars. That's not bad for NE Ohio.
  • mjx01
    6 years ago
    10 of 53 but at least 1 reopened under a new name/owner
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    all the clubs i’ve reviewed are open. butt i’m a tuscl (and stripclub) newbie. as too strip clubs that i’ve been to perhaps 10% have closed overall.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    Aham, it took around a decade. I've more than that, but am too lazy to sit at the keyboard and write reviews for all of them.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    *I've been to more than that
  • magicrat
    6 years ago
    7 out of 20 that are on my reviewed list. I'm pretty sure I've reviewed more than that but .....
  • Harderlap
    6 years ago
    Five out of 28. To tell the truth, not many are missued. There have been a couple of more that didn’t get reviewed. To tell the truth, there are several clubs that I currently visit that don’t seem to have enough customers to justify staying open, but have been that way for years. One is immediately led to believe that they are doing something nefarious like laundering cash. Or not.
  • JackAstor
    6 years ago
    Between this and the old profile I lost all my log in /email info for it's starting to add up . America is headed in a crazy direction .
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    5 out of 16

Come Together Lounge in Jacksonville FL
    - that was about 40 years ago.

Miss Ellie's Place Jacksonville FL
    - celebrated my bachelor party there 36 years
    ago.

Mustang Sally's in Bloomsburg PA
    - closed to become a swinger's club

Nor'Shore Experience in Duluth MN
    - closed after owner committed suicide

1320 Club II Springfield VA
    - closed after opting not to renew lease; the
    only one of the above I truly miss
  • stanlee
    6 years ago
    Changed names or ownership.? Two
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    7 of 51. There are more I've been to which were closed before I was on TUSCL or which I never made a review for. I wouldn't mind going back to a couple of them the way they were at their peak, but most aren't missed.
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    4 out of 70. But two of the clubs that are listed as "closed" have been reopened under different names.
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    Shadowcat has an unusually high percentage of closed clubs (just over 50%), more than any other responder. What accounts for that?
  • rentz2
    6 years ago
    5 of the 40+ I have visited
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    shadowcat has been a member for like 16 years.
    That’s why.
    reviews over a long period of time.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Luckily only 3. It takes a miracle for a strip club to close in NJ. Many ive seen have had shoot outs, connections to mob, and drug use but keep on ticking. Police cant close a club if they are regulars!

Sights in Newark , NJ
    -After Hours Extras club that closed due to lack of customers. It was a ridiculous set up now that I look back on it. Only opened from 2 am - 6 am, Was located in a crime ridden area. Required 3 security pat downs and you had to allow security to take a picture of your driver license. All of this hurdle jumping for FS from a girl you could have seen at another club earlier in the day
    -Tropicana Gogo
    *Place I received my first and one of the few BBBJs i have had in a strip club. I would have become a regular, but it burned down shortly afterwards
    -Heartbreakers
    *Wierd club in a renovated 2 story apt. Main area on first floor and LD area on 2nd floor. LD setup was idiotic. Some old guy reading a newspaper and keeping time of lap dances. They should have just let girls keep thier own time and replaced him wtih a camera. Although the closing was blamed on continous fights the answer was more simple, it didnt make much money,
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    It looks like 70 clubs I've reviewed are closed now. Might be off by 1 or 2, but I'm not going to count them over again.
  • rl27
    6 years ago
    I can recall 10 that have closed over the years and never came back as another club, and four that came back as another club.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion