tuscl

College Football is Back !

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
There were a handful of games this past weekend, but this week is really the start of the college football season. I probably like college football more than any other sport. The kids play with passion and there is no kneeling during the anthem. Now I'm going to have to change up my work schedule to clear out all of my Saturdays.

In college, it's all about Who's In for the 4 team play-off. Who's your picks for getting In ?

I'll go with Clemson, Washington, Ohio State, Georgia. ( Note I"m not picking Alabama )

23 comments

• Texas will win everything
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I could go with those 4....

Georgia has a manageable schedule although we usually trip up somewhere we shouldn't and we would have the SEC championship

We will find out about Washington in week 1 against auburn.... auburn has something to prove after the way they finished last year.
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    I'll go with Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and...Georgia.

Mark Richt is no longer at UGA, so they won't underachieve. If they run the table and then lose to Bama in the SEC title game, I think they'll get back in over a Washington or Oklahoma.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Don't you think Ohio-St having their coach suspended for 3 games won't affect them? I assume the suspension means he can't have any contact w/ the team, not just not be there for the game.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Ohio-St plays Oregon-St, Rutgers, and TCU, their first 3-games - only TCU is pre-season ranked and at #16 - I can see TCU beating Ohio-St if they are w/o their coach.

Although Ohio St has defensive coordinator Greg Schiano whom has a good amount of head-coaching experience and is a very good coach IMO - but it seems ti will be the offensive-coordinator that will be the acting head-coach during the suspension - they'll probably be alright for the first 3-games.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    College football seems more intriguing these days than the NFL.

I grew up watching the NFL in the 80s when there wasn't a salary-cap and I found it to be a better product w/o the salary cap.

College football is similar to not having a cap where the best programs can just load up and go at it.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    The salary cap cut out the 5 year veterans.... if after 5 years you are not a stud then you are replaced for a third the cost in the draft. Teams have superstars and rookies now
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Scholarship limits were supposed to spread out the talent some. But it still happens. All the 5-star studs want to go to the same schools. I do think that the new transfer rules will have some affect in the years ahead though. Now there are ways for that kid that is 2nd team at Alabama go somewhere else.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Clemson, Bama, Washington, Wisconsin

• IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    I read somewhere that Meyer can be around the team for two of the three weeks, but just can't coach the games. Even if Ohio State loses to TCU, they can run the table and win their conference to get into the playoff. Shoot, they don't even have to win their conference to get into the playoff.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Without you head coach has a bigger impact if you have a young and inexperienced QB.

Last year Meyer not being around for a few games would not have had as much impact. This year it probably will.

Penn State comes early this year on the schedule as well although Meyer will be back by then.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I may have messed up on my final 4 by closing Washington. How can a Div-I school have a kicker that is that bad ?

Good to see the Texas Longhorns lose. I hope Lying Tom Herman goes 0-12.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    something tells me TheeOSU is happy
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Satisfied for the moment applies here. I was busy today and only caught the last couple minutes of the first half. It's a long season, all I can do is let it play out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I thought Michigan was gonna crush Notre Dame but they're losing 21-3
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Damn. I was hoping Appalachian State was going to pull it out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Every team I rooted for today lost - but then again I generally root for the underdog
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    How 'bout them Terps!!!
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Do you guys think Slippery Rock has a chance at cracking the top echelon?
  • ime
    6 years ago
    I'll play @huntsman
    Top Echelon of D2? No they won't even make the playoffs, #1 and #21 ranked teams in same conference I don't think they can even make the playoffs this year.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    all that is based off is looking at D2 football.com once in a while and watching the D2 and D3 championship games when they are on ESPN once a year, ha
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    ^^^ime, lol. I have to laugh at myself at times. I have opinions about a lot of things when it comes to football and when it comes to college ball, I’ve actually seen nothing of these teams to start the season. By the end of the season, I’ve still only seen a limited amount with little, if any, D2 or D3. Yet I’ll have my opinions! That’s half the fun of being a fan - being brilliant about shit I have no basis for having an opinion.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    D3 Mount Union could be some D1 teams
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion