tuscl

Founder

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
There appears to be a problem with sending private messages. There is no topic box and when I try to do a carriage return in the test box, it apparently just sends what I have already typed. And that is all that is show in sent messages for the 3 times I have tried to send one.

Thanks...

54 comments

• JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    I actually enjoy the new way

Thanks founder
  • founder
    6 years ago
    It's a work in progress

• gawker
    6 years ago
    As are we all.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Agreed, yesterday PM's were SNAFU.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I can’t even ge a message box to send O’Neill click on message and a pop up says woul you like to send a message I then click ok and it says your message has been sent but no text appears any where
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    PM's still SNAFU. But it does still seem possible to send one.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Yes, though it is not right, I sent one and a PL replied.

SJG
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    "carriage return" - haven't heard that term since the dot matrix printer era. I didn't know you could access TUSCL on a Smith Corona typewriter.
  • 3LeggedMan
    6 years ago
    I’m annoyed that whenever I’m on TUSCL the menu line shows “MESSAGES(1)”, but I HAVE NO UNREAD MESSAGES! The entire messaging subsystem is FUBAR.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago

I've never seen that issue. Perhaps a cached copy of the message screen is being loaded on your device.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I much prefer how messaging is now.

Thank you founder.

(Gurgle, gurgle, gulp)
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    How often do you think shadowcat PMs Founder about some non-existent "problem" he's having with the site? 2, 3 times a day? More?
  • BigPimp69
    6 years ago
    Well if Follies is going downhill, what else is he supposed to do?
  • BigPimp69
    6 years ago
    I do have a wonderful lineup of hoes for him, though
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Actually shadowcat rarely messages me. He's seen enough changes here to know it'll get fixed sooner or more likely later.

Anyway, Messages are changing to more of a conversation mode. Hope you like it. If not, just exchange home addresses and snail mail each other.

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    To paraphrase founder.

Fuck all y'all!
  • founder
    6 years ago
    @flag, I'm much too PC to say that.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    So are messages working? I can see a list of messages (sent and received mingled together) but I can’t open any.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    What I had to do was click on someone’s profile page, and then hit the “message” button. You can see past messages this way, and also send new ones.

Also thank you founder. xD I like the new format much better, even if there’s a couple of bugs left.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    ^Thanks. That works.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I can’t open mine on my phone now
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I'm concerned about the x circle button. does that delete the entire message thread? (iphone btw.)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @25

Are your fingers too Goddamned fat.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I don’t know but my messages won’t open
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Try clearing your browser cached files

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    As of right now, PM's still SNAFU. It is more conversation mode, but it is tying in all previous communications with a party, going back for years. Conversation mode is usually just covering a series of replies, not a whole history, and using different titles.

SJG

Ginger Baker's Air Force (Jazz and Rock, 1970) Full Show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe9DA8pO…
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    ^
    Don't concern yourself creep, nobody's sending you private messages anyway.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    That's by design, SJG.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "Try clearing your browser cached files"

I've heard he's been clogged up for a while now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ he's browser is probably low on fiber
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    My first thought was that joining all previous PMs w/ a particular TUSCLer was overkill - but it does help if one wants to look for some specific info from a particular TUSCLer from while back (by just using the browser "find" function)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @founder I did what you said and cleared my cached browser files I’m working with safari it will not open the message threads they work on my laptop in chrome but the phone will not work ;(
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Morons
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Take a screenshot
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I used the method @nicespice suggested and it worked fine, thank you nicespice
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I used the method @nicespice suggested and it worked fine, thank you nicespice
  • founder
    6 years ago
    twentyfive, it should work now. bug in the javascript

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Thanks for your efforts
  • founder
    6 years ago
    You're welcome
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Well making all the exchanges with one member into a single conversation, regardless of the titling, that has disadvantages. For one thing, you can't supply a title for a subsequent message.

Google Mail does not work like the PM's are now.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Too bad this format is fine and gets the job done quite efficiently
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Nothing else works that way, and I feel for good reasons.

SJG
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Texting on my phone works that way
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Well, phone stuff is more terse, usually no titles. I get your point.

Google mail and most other boards PM's allow separate conv threads by title, and by whether or not the other party submitted it as a reply.

You're doing a good job founder. And thanks for unlocking our old threads.

SJG
  • Clubber
    6 years ago

Get a real phone! :)
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Two new tagline suggestions:

"Where The Front Room Makeout Session Is The Philosopher's Stone; How You Turn Lead Into Gold"

"We're The Aficionados That The Chain Clubs Fail To Serve"

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    ^
    Better options
    "Sanjosecreep's head is full of lead"
    "Sanjosecreep chains women in his basement"
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    And TheeOSU stands on the sidewalk under a lamp post and offers services. But that was before SJG took a curved needle and sewed his asshole shut. That cost him 1/2 his service menu.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I guess message titles are no longer used with the new message format
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Hey creep, it only took you 3 days to compose your feeble response but my guess is that your male ass fixation can only be remedied by your nightly gay bathhouse visit or are you taking tonight off and projecting your fetish by putting out feelers on TUSCL?
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    That is also one of my observations and concerns. Seems though that you first line displays to the recipient, as though it were the title. Seems workable.

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    So you admit that your bathhouse excursion is off the table tonight, will this evolve into another "woe is me my wife left me" night?
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    No, TheeOSU, but your grave is ready for you, and I have shovel in hand. And you don't even need to be dead.

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    My gravy is ready? No creep you're the gravy boy and I do understand your need to consume it by the shovel full. Lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion