tuscl

enjoying music...

Jascoi
mr.wonderful to single moms and college age girls...
wish I could hear more music like this in clubs...
Santana - Corazon Espinado (Video) ft. Mana
santanaofficial74,690,211 views

(I'm trying to learn how to post a link.)

21 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    That’s a good theory. If clubs played more of what the customers wanted to hear instead of what the strippers and DJs wanted, would guys hang out longer and possible spend more money?
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Like the song MisterWonderful.

But I don't really care what the song is as long as the girl is getting into it. Well, I don't care as long as it's not gangsta rap crap !!!!
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I agree warrior15 rap is most definitely crap!
  • mikka22
    6 years ago
    Only if its rap
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I’ve requested specific songs in exchange for a tip. My first shift ever it was some Slayer song. That was tough to dance to but the customer was generous at least. (And the club was small and slow enough that the DJ didn’t refuse it either)
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I am a metal head you don't dance to slayer you headbang some very brutal moshpits have been at slayer concerts i know i have bern in them lol! Just the simple fact you tried is awesome! I would come unglued lol if a dancer danced to slayer why i was there she would definetely quickly become my atf!
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    How did Rap ever get recognized as a legitimate form of music? When rappers get washed up like Snoop Dogg they can become the hosts of game shows like "The Jokers Wild" on TBS. At least it's better than his so called music.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I would love to hear some Lawrence Welk
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Some clubs are stubborn and refuse to tailor to the audience. I was one time told my preferred music had to have “a beat” (no rock) despite the fact that the audience was all 40-60 year old white men.

Like okay why even ask my opinion anyways. Play what you want.

In my perfect idea of a club, there would be a jukebox. (And dancers would not pay the jukebox. Just raise the house fee if more money is wanted.)

The first song a dancer would pick and the second the customers could vote on it. That would be fun.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I can guarantee the customers would vote for some loooong songs.
  • rane1234
    6 years ago
    Suggest you bring your walkman
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    The jukebox, while encompassing a wide variety of musical genre from different decades, would *not* offer songs over 4 minutes :p
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’d pick Freebyrd then,Stairway to Heaven, and finish up with Bye Bye Mis American Pie. That would be about right.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Nicespice is the queen of tuscl!
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Lawrence Welk !!! LOLOL !!! I remember going to my Grandmothers house and they would be watching Lawrence Welk. Remember I"m 50 and this was my Grandmother.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Sprinsteen’s “Rosalita “ could go on 25’s list too. I think Lawrence Welk has done polka versions of all those songs too, some sang by the Lemon sisters.

Buy yeah, having a customer base largely made up of 40-70 year old men and playing songs they’ve never heard doesn’t seem to make much sense, but it seems pervasive.

By the way, Santana is one of my favorite bands so thanks for the post Mister Wonderful and the link too.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Santana is a good band!
  • rogertex
    6 years ago
    Clubs underestimate the staying power of good music and sound system.
    Customers will spend more money if they are grooving in their seats.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    They also underestimate the value of non-obnoxious DJs.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    ^and speaking of unicorns......
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion