tuscl

Burner phone/app dilemma

ndnman
You got some Indian in you? No? Would you like to?
Monday, July 23, 2018 4:33 PM
I know a few of you are in the same boat as me. My phone is on a family plan and ive already been in trouble years ago for texting "racy" messages with an ex. :)
My latest dilemma is texting with my fave stripper. We got around this before by sending messages to her phone via a bullshit email account I had so I never gave my phone# to her. Now she's got a tracfone that has no email address. My options are a tracfone of my own, but I don't want to carry a second phone as that's too obvious. The other is an app to cover my tracks from the stripper and the wife. Any apps to recommend? Thanks tusclers!

16 comments

• April9424
    6 years ago
    I like textfree. A sugar baby
    I know uses textnow and says that ones good too. You can make phone calls and send pics and everything
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I use an app called textme. But there are lots of apps out there just like it.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Remember when the Carolina Panthers won the Superbowl and Johnsmith told me fuck you and good night
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Google voice

If you have a samsung phone use secure folder
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I use Sideline. It also allows MMS and texting and calling. It’s $10/month
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Google Voice. Voice, MMS, text, and free.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Actually GV is not true MMS. Video won’t go, but photos work fine.
  • Smalltowncpl
    6 years ago
    At one time I used Sideline until it went to a paid service. Text free is good .
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    $10/month won't break the bank, but there's no reason to pay it. I went from Sideline to Textnow when Sideline became subscription; TextNow is at least as good of a service. I actually don't understand how the pay services stay in business, when the free services are just fine.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    So I didn't have time to post this in length before. For those who have samsung phones you have got to check out secure folder. It is basically a second secret phone inside your phone. The app is password protected, can be hidden or disguised, and then once you start the app you essentially have a second home screen with duplicates of any app you want. Second secure browser, maps, mail, calendar, photos, etc. With that secure folder and google voice you are totally set.
  • TheBarbarian
    6 years ago
    Cover me is a legit app that will not show on your family plan. It also have various plans. I’ve been using for 2 years off and on
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I also use CoverMe. Cost effective and secure.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    I've been using TextNow for several years and it gives you free text/voice over a wifi connection. Still I prefer having a separate burner Tracfone which is about $8/month.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I use Google Voice, but usually end up moving any stripper I actually talk to regularly over to my real number after a little getting to know you period. I've tried Sideline and found it to be nearly identical to GV. I've used textnow and a couple others as well and again found very little to distinguish them beyond personal preference of the app itself.

But I should note that my intent is drastically different than yours. I'm not hiding anything from a SO, I'm just keeping my distance from a potential trainwreak of a stripper. I rotate my number every few months, sometimes switching services to test out a new one.
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    Does GV do immediate notifications of texts on iPhones? Doesn’t seem so on mine, but I just set it up. As it is, I have to open the app for the texts to download.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I think you have to be logged in to GV to get notifications, which show up as a red badge on the icon. There may be a setting to forward to a regular number when the app is not open, but I haven't looked for that. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a separate burner app.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion