tuscl

What convinces girls from the upper economic class to become strippers?

blahblahblah23
>:( 🧚🏼‍♀️💃🏼 busy being a "psycho bitch" 🤣
Sunday, July 15, 2018 8:47 PM
I just don't even understand it. I know I sure as fuck would have never gone down this rabbit hole if I was even from a solid middle class family nevermind the upper economic class.

39 comments

• PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Not wanting to be beholden to their parents.
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    Plenty of the new young strippers that I meet don't consider stripping as a career move. They are just playing with it trying to get some fast money and then they are gone until they need to but another Chanel bag. They son;t take it seriously and dance as a goof, not as a serious job. If there was any doubt about it you can tell that they don't give a fuck about it by their piss poor attitudes. What they will be actually doing in 5 years as a "job" is anytbody's guess.
  • Umm sometimes they wanna be sexy for fun as a job ..but for a job on the side
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Those drugs don't pay for themselves.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    @ DC and Nicole yeah the job can be real great like you guys say it, but it can also be extremely shitty too. Don't sugarcoat it.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I feel like these young spoiled teenage sluts get into it because they feel it is glamorous which nah it isn't really. They seem to wanna be popular or locally famous or whatever. Overall I like the job, but saying it can't be extremely stressful now or full of INSANE bullshit/drama is just a complete fucking lie.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    I know 3 girls from families I know of that have at least tried it. Grew up in gated communities. In each case, they were partying through their college allowance and needed cash to support their 'party seven days a week' college lifestyle. It also helped to have some harder core college friends stripping to pay for college.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Yeah I've gotta say I was happier and less stressed out with my last 2 vanilla jobs. I worked with pretty cool fucking people back then, something I wish I could say now. Granted I couldn't make the kind of money I'm making now and the good nights are so addicting. But the lows can be so low sometimes. Plus I feel like a lot of clubs have insane mgmt/staff/dancers/even customers. Like on the level any of them can steal from you, attack you with no given reason, shootings in parking lots or people pulling out their gun with no safety out there... Drugs, and more! No it's not glamorous! I'm not saying all this shit will happen to one person and it sure hasn't all happened to me. But anybody denying this isn't a fucked up industry to some extent must be nuts. Also this sort of thing isn't an upscale vs dive bar problem. I have definitely seen some of this in the "upscale" clubs too lol.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    @blahblahblah23 - Is dealing with insane staff the part that stresses you out or something else?
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    @PaulDrake What stresses me out the most really depends on the particular club- so that is hard for me to answer. I haven't had any overly stressful experiences recently at any club though. I was just bitching at the people above that view this job with rose colored lenses and don't seem to understand some of the realities that all dancers deal with at least occasionally if not regularly. Like "Hey let's all be strippers and make $1000+ every single night for partying and drinking and tons of freedom and a great time flirting with awesome guys!!!!!" That just isn't reality LOL. Also a lot of clubs do not let you choose your hours/days whatever. Some do some don't. I don't really give a fuck about being "sexy" at a job on the side and I wouldn't say it is fun most of the time. Really the only thing I like is *some* of the guys that come in are pretty cool and I do enjoy the pole and outfits (like besides the money duh!).
  • 79terrier
    6 years ago
    Daddy issues.....
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I wasn't exaggerating the drama- maybe I made it sound more frequent than it actually is. I will say some clubs are definitely worse than others- and at some of them the drama is near constant. I don't mean gun incidents happen always- those are more rare and extreme. But for example I am taking a break from travel so I am back in the town I live and this club is just stupid drama. These dumbass bitches here always get into fights for no reason. Some of the dumbass fucking customers here get into fights for no reason with each other or even with the girls- fucktards. Vile gossip/trying to get girls they don't like fired without a real reason just made up shit. And more. Like fucking constantly. Idk what is wrong with these bitches. That is why I stay to myself other than talking to customers or the staff at this place. I won't lie I might be an odd stripper and in the minority with my views so you do have a point. I enjoy this job overall enough that I won't quit just yet, but some clubs are more trying than others. I guess this is part of why I travel + occasionally wanting clubs with actual VIPs for easier and faster $$$.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Yeah there was even one time that some dumbass customer got into a fight with one of the girls. I think it was a female customer (I didn't see it but I did hear the commotion), but still- this is just something you don't do- ever as a customer. This place is so trashy just with how most of the girls and some of the customers conduct themselves. Needless to say, I am considering my options on where to move. I guess I understand your first post a little more now that you told me about the club you frequent. Really doesn't sound bad.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I think it might be a small town/small city thing? As much as I hated living somewhere bigger- I find I prefer dancing in metro areas of at least a few hundred thousand people. Less drama in my experience.
  • JackAstor
    6 years ago
    Maybe so someone like you can come rescue them from it all. " I would take you away from all of this , baby "
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    The DS is from an upper middle class family. But she had a fight with da parents, they kicked her out, and she found herself living in her car. So she turned to a friend, a girl who just happened to be a stripper, and the rest is history.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    A series of bad decisions typically leads a person to make a choice they don't want to make. Add in the mindset of the younger generation and how that little device in their hands impacts their perceptions of life---think of the whole mind disease of FOMO and wanting it now because everyone else has it now..... I've been saying since I came here no one wakes up and says hey I want to be a stripper anymore than when you go around the class in 5th grade and ask kids what they want to do when they grow up does anyone raise their hand and say " take my clothing off and rub my mostly naked body on guys in a public club for 20 dollars at a time."
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    One of the girls at my current favorite club said she came from a decently wealthy family for the city she came from, but it was also a "completely dysfunctional" family. Her parents were married, but there wasn't any love there. At some point, she decided she was going to be a punk rocker, but that didn't pay for all her bills, so she tried stripping. She never did do a punk rock show after she stripped.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @blahblahblah23 We must have different backgrounds. One of the things I enjoy about dancing is that it is the least petty work environment I’ve ever been in. Sure it happens, but it’s easy enough for me to walk out of the dressing room and ignore it. As for me I grew up in a middle class/lower middle class background. I had no major reason for not getting a “normal job” aside from reading the 4 Hour Workweek and chasing that ideal.
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Which DS was that one JohnSmith69? ;)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Thank god for Daddy issues!
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    jacklash posted: "Those drugs don't pay for themselves." Ding ding ding. That or mental issues. I haven't actually meet many girls in clubs who actually came from that kind of background, but the few who were either had a drug problem or some serious mental health issues.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    The silver spoon girls I know claim to see nothing wrong with the job. Generational? Then again, I don't really believe it as they were very sensitive to custy's that might know the family. Plus they are stripping quite a long drive from either home or college. BTW all three were providing extras because that is where the big money was. It was all about the money. I don't think it was drugs but rather a "top shelf liquor and bottle service" style of nightlife. On a college budget, they thought nothing of spending $100-200 several nights a week partying at college. That eats up Mom and Dad's grocery and rent money real fast.
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    Freedom. and addiction, either to money, luxuries, drugs, attention, partying, etc. The same thing all the other girls look for, just on a different scale.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    To the extent that any of you believe that you have met a lot of these types of girls, I suspect that you've had the wool pulled over your eyes a bit. A lot of these girls are programmed to give certain responses when they hear certain douchey questions about why they are doing this. Just sayin' ;)
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    As far as privileged girls go: 1. The club provides a work environment where you can have coke on the job. 2. Ego boost of being desired. 3. Decreasing taboo making it acceptable. I don't ask about people’s backgrounds, but I suspect the ones who *always* charge the highest rates for dances/VIP and refuse to ever lower it, can make that bluff cause it’s more validating to have fewer huge wins than more moderate ones (even if the overall income is higher for the second option) My opinion of them: Plus side for customers: Breath taking beautiful women if you prefer them white and to look glamourous. Downside for customers: The upcharging. Upside for less privileged dancer: Setting the tone for more money for less extras. Downside for less privileged dancer: Listening to their narcissism. And when they give younger or more physically attractive customers expectations by going home with them for fun. I wonder if privileged dancers exist at the dives. That would be more interesting to find out.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @nicespice I’ll bite, my life expectancies tell me it is easier to sell a Mercedes to a rich man than it is to sell a Chevy to a working man, but the caveat is you’d better deliver the car he wants,same applies with dancers, I doubt that the mileage is less with the better girl than it would be with the lesser girl, guys that can afford what they want are pretty demanding, at least guys that have made it on our own, steak tastes much better than meatloaf and all, you do get that. As far as dives are concerned I have gone into them as well, but bottom line, is if I don’t see what I want I’ll not buy just anything, or settle for less. A very smart lady once told me in a more upscale club, you are shut, as long as you can carry your water, you can do it your way, because you set your own standard. As to those guys that bitch about my locking down the girl I want, I go to the club for my enjoyment I DGAF about them. If they want what I have let them Up their game, it’s that simple.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @25 Mileage is about the same on the floor as other clubs nearby. As far as extras in the back, I just meant less of them instead of none. (Though consequences from management is also a huge factor for any individual club, as well. Or whether a VIP area is semi transparent or completely closed off) Not saying dancers from more affluent backgrounds won’t do it. They are just harder to sway and lower volume because they are more outcome independent. You have previously stated though that not all dancers are doing strict pay for play with you (if I’m remembering you in another thread correctly.) So in that case you might be in the “go home for fun” category I talked about earlier.
  • DrumEsq
    6 years ago
    To rickdugan’s point: I have been around the SC scene quite a bit. As a customer and as good friends to some various people in the industry (not necessarily entertainers). I have not really found the elusive “upper socio-economic” background entertainer. Some may have long left that life or are doing so presently; I see that occasionally. It’s hard to answer what draws someone like that to this work. Maybe what draws them away is the cushion they have to fall back on if they make a mistake in life. I think I find some entertainers that left the good life are even more desperate to give the appearance they are still living it. I will keep my radar up for the truly affluent entertainer and report back. Although I suspect the truth could be hard to separate from the “stories” I will hear.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @nicespice you are correct but just because I prefer a comfortable environment, I don’t really ever remember a knock your socks off sexual encounters in any club, ever, but I have had many great experiences just having fun with a flirty pretty woman, in many clubs, and enjoyed having a few cold ones with buds as well. The difference for me is if I want to spend $500-1000 dollars on any given day it’s no problem even though it is usually much less. Yes there are a few girls that absolutely rate my spending it, but the vast majority do not. Keeping that in mind, I date civvie girls as well, easily, and meet very sharp good looking women often, so unlike a lot of these guys here I’m fairly particular, and very picky about who I see, and have sexual relations with.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i've met a dancer that comes from a very well-off family. she doesn't need the money from dancing but she dances because she enjoys the fuck out of it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    * black-sheep/rebellious - some kids that come from means seem to gravitate towards getting in trouble (breaking into houses, selling drugs,, etc) - perhaps stripping appeals to the black-sheeps rebellious girls * party girls - some girls become partiers in their early-teens and the strip-club can seem a fun extension of their partying ways
  • jsully63
    6 years ago
    I have a favorite who has her degree in criminal justice , is studying for the Bar exam and owns her own boutique shop. All paid for ,you guessed right , from her job stripping. She’s also drop dead gorgeous and doesn’t talk to other girls as she’s too smart for their childish drama. And yes she came from a family with money but wants to pay for her life in her own. I guess it all depends on what you do with the opportunities life gives you and if you can keep your mind clear through it all.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @25 sounds like you can enjoy being outcome independent then. @jsully63 Makes sense, this job doesn’t seem to attract many average women as far as “having their life together.” Tend to skew on either end of the bell curve. I see a couple of people calling bs on dancers claims of their background. I would be startled if I met a wealthy heiress as a dancer. But I believe there are dancers from a well off background (doctor or lawyer type of parents) I was assuming blahblahblah was referring to a dancer from the second type of background. Correct me if I’m wrong though, and if so what is the the more appropriate description of an upper economic class?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I have a feeling that there are more younger upper middle class girls than older ones by that I mean under 25 years old, the reasons are natural rebellious instincts that kids have, but I suspect as they get older, if they have more stable sources of income, they get tired of the lifestyle that goes with strippers. I also believe that the more upper class girls try to fit in with the majority, and as a result they get their thinking skewed, and start to devolve.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    @nice spice I have encountered a few of these low drama easy to work in clubs while traveling. But I think most girls in most clubs deal with a lot of bs to work in this industry. Yes, I've found these girls more likely to fuck the attractive customers for free outside the club for fun, which just boggles my mind. I never ask for background, but some girls blab about it. Like I said I keep to myself. For whatever reason the younger ones (18/19 etc) like to plop down next to me when it's not busy and tell me all kinds of personal things without me asking. If you see some girls enough times you can often tell if they are telling the truth or not. I am not talking about the truly wealthy heiresses etc- more like girls with parents who are doctors or lawyers as nicespice says.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Oh goodness. Yeah hopefully you can keep on your journey to larger pastures. There’s still nonsense but at least it’s just smiling and nodding and forgetting about it.
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    I admit I have a hard time believing that someone could be a stripper for an extended period of time and not have that affect them in one way or another. I do not look down (or up) at anyone for being a dancer. I realize it can sometimes be just a J-O-B like any other, but I feel like only women of a certain temperament can really make it out successful in this industry. My former ATF kind of fits blahblahblah23's profile. Not upper class, but upper-middle and very comfortable. She doesn't have to do it, but she does it because she feels stifled by her extended family and wants her independence and her own things. That said, I don't think she quite has the right temperament for the job but she doesn't have many other opportunities where she can make what she makes in cash. I don't know. I'm not an expert.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    For upper class, usually one or more of: stupidity, naivete, and the allure of appearing "edgy" and/or "in demand." For upper-middle class, maybe the same or there could actually be the intent of making money, whether that is to spend on luxuries/material items that their parents won't buy, or to save up for other goals and financial independence.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion